Wang Chuqin suspended.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
He was just trying to deliver the racket on his side of the table for the next set, but underestimated the aerodynamics and bounciness :D

His punishment I understand, the logic of punishing his coach tho is still lost on me.
It's about accountability of the team, not just the individual. WCQ will think twice before doing that again as he's not only affecting himself but the coach as well. I'm sure he'll be reflecting on this with his time off.

This user has no status.
I think punishing him and the coach is a good call. This wasn't him throwing a paddle down, he threw it at his opponent. I would consider it assault if someone threw a paddle like that at me.

A basketball coach once tought me that coaching players isn't about winning. Sports is a microcosm of life where we learn discipline and how to overcome challenges and become better people, to learn humility and respect for the sport, our teacher and Our opponent s. Disrespecting an opponent like that and my coach would have kicked you off the team (or at the very least bench you for the season).

Lesson to learn here is actions have consequences and sometimes other hurt for your actions. Especially when what you do reflects on your mentor

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
While his behaviour was over the top, it was still tame compared to other sports. Sometimes you just need to let off steam and I personally don't mind seeing some emotions. And he actually did manage to raise his game and play 4 good sets afterwards even if he lost the last one.
But I guess table tennis etiquette differs from say tennis and in table tennis you are still representing your country even in individual tournaments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Strange enough, T2 Diamond has not announced any replacement for WCQ so he might still be going?