Tenergy 05 Hard Advice please!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on Tenergy 05 Hard.

I currently use the original normal 05 rubber.

For those that don't know, I'm a defender who doesn't tend to chop on the forehand. I'm more close to the table attacking or when I'm further back from the table I fish or counter the ball back. The closest I can think to my style of forehand is Ruwen Filus.

How would the 05 Hard suit my style? I'd be using it on a Butterfly Diode V blade which is a defensive blade but more on the quicker defensive blade side.

How is the 05 Hard on opening attacks against a push / backspin?

I'm looking for some thoughts on this rubber before I buy it, it's too expensive to buy to try out and not like it and unfortunately I don't know anyone who uses it so I can't try it on someone else's bat.

Thank you :)

Do you find T05 to be lacking in something? T05H has a lower throw than T05 and it's less bouncy. It needs more effort to play with but you can get more spin when you get a good brush on the ball. It all depends on how your style is. If T05 suits you fine then T05H won't work as well for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Do you find T05 to be lacking in something? T05H has a lower throw than T05 and it's less bouncy. It needs more effort to play with but you can get more spin when you get a good brush on the ball. It all depends on how your style is. If T05 suits you fine then T05H won't work as well for you.
I tend to go through the ball more than up the back of the ball when attacking. I also wondered if 05H would be better in the pushing and short game than regular 05. Any idea?

I tend to go through the ball more than up the back of the ball when attacking. I also wondered if 05H would be better in the pushing and short game than regular 05. Any idea?
The short game is better imo as it is less bouncy so it's easier to keep the ball low and short on the table.