Problem with new balls using Newgy robot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I bought a Newgy 2050 robot 2nd hand and decided to buy new plastic balls.
I bought the Xushaofa Vision Europe 40+ super training balls.

My problem is that within a couple of hundred balls going through the machine the discharge wheel was covered in shards of coating from the balls.

I stripped the machine, cleaned the wheel and more importantly cleaned the balls in warm soapy water.
I got exactly the same result.

Once again i cleaned the wheel and scrubbed the balls really hard and thoroughly with a washing up sponge in warm soapy water.
200 balls later the wheel was again covered in bits of plastic from the balls.

Thinking it may be a problem with the robot head as it is an older version of the 2050 I have just upgraded to the 2055.
Brand new, out of the box, plugged it in, 200 balls later and bits stuck all over the discharge wheel.

So I'm now thinking that the balls were the problem all along.
Has anyone else had issues with new balls through a robot and more importantly can anyone recommend a plastic ball that they have used that doesn't leave shards of plastic or coating on the discharge wheel

Thank you for any advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Cleaned them once and totally scrubbed the life out of them the second time.!

Each and every one of 120 balls, one at a time.
Each one scrubbed then towel dried.

It was on a par with watching paint dry.

Still they leave fragments of coating on the wheel.

I have now gone back to the balls that came with it when I bought the second hand 2050.
Have put around 1500 balls through and had no issues.

Will search the forum for a ball that comes recommended and buy some of them.

Cheers for your reply anyway.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I use to have the Newgy 540.

Weaker motor. It hated plastic balls as they are bigger than celluloid ones. It could shoot them out but it was a struggle to say the least.

Then a buddy let me borrow his 2050. It shot them out better but i'm pretty sure that was only because of the stronger motor. Not necessarily because it had a larger channel or anything.

Use you ball checker. Does the plastic balls fit through that? I thought I remember using the plastic balls on that Newgy 2050 ball checker and they basically don't fit or fall through the hole.

End the end i ended up giving my buddy his robot back and for roughly 200 I got this two wheeled robot.
IMO 2 wheeled robots are far superior because they can actually shoot no-spin.

Anyways, it does perfect on plastic balls. Plenty of room to spare on its ball checker.

https://amzn.to/35g34Op

Long story short, outside of Newgy's newest robot which is an expensive 2-wheeled robot, I'm not all that impressed.

Last edited: