The GOAT of timeout calls!

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Surely this is the best timeout ever in the History of table tennis!!

Did not even see his reaction until I got home and watched the video!!

In table tennis terms we are arch enemies, he is higher ranked than me!!

I have watched this video 20 or 30 time and I still laugh every time I see it!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
So, what happened next?

My attention is on the umpire. He's there with the cozy winter jacket and scarf while you two are in your shorts!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And now for the conclusion!! Tinykin may be right.
Xylit the body language of my opponent who clearly wanted to do a fast serve and get back in to it.

Down 4-7 in game 3 and taking 7 straight points showed some steel.

Your return of serve on the BH side was pretty good in this match.

There were a few FH shots where you took an all arm stroke and missed because your feet did move to the ball. But overall, I would say you look pretty good in this match.

One thing I think you could do to help your level is your serves. It is very easy to see what is on all your serves.

On the BH serve, you should learn how to make a topspin serve by coming up from under the ball rather than going over the ball like in a BH topspin shot. That way it is a little harder to see if it is backspin or topspin on the serve and you also can get much better sidespin that way.

On your FH serves, you would do well to learn a traditional pendulum serve where you take the middle, ring and pinky fingers off the handle and use more wrist. The reason: you can make backspin, sidespin topspin and dead serves look much more close to the same. And then you will learn how to get your serves to give you returns that are a few centimeters higher for easier 3rd ball attacks. Understanding how to create those kinds of serves coming from under the ball will also help you improve your return of serve even more.

Just my thoughts on things that would take you a level or two higher without too much work.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOG and lasta