Top 5 Most Popular Table Tennis Rubbers of All Time

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys, we're back with another video and this time we're looking at the top 5 most popular table tennis rubbers of all time!

There's a lot of table tennis rubbers out there, and we narrow down what we think are the top 5, not only by performance but due to the way the rubber changed the game and adapted to rule changes and the sport.

Let us know in the comments what your top 5 of all time are.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I actually would suspect that, historically, Sriver L and Mark V are up there in that top 5. Dominant for many years, when TT was much more popular too.

For the last 15 years or so only, H3 and T05 sound about right, and I couldn’t name obvious other frontrunners.

729/RITC 802? At least if you include China.

Reactions: Tinykin
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Mark V, sriver, Tenergy 05 and hurricane 3 are definitely true, but MX-P is nowhere near those 4. It‘s a decent rubber nowadays, but there are so much more from former times, which were much more influencing tabletennis:
- barna
- Samba
- sriver fx
- coppa
- Bryce

Reactions: phorkyas
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Butterfly Sriver, Yasaka Mark V, Donic Vario, Tenergy 05, Hurricane 3 - and as an outsider: TSP Spectol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Yea tenergy is the rubber which is close to perfection in terms of spin, speed and control... i have it on my Infinity vps softer version of tenergy 05 and it is absolutely beast rubber... you can do anything with it block,smash,spin, slice.... so no surprise among of all other rubbers i would pick tenergy again it is expensive but it is worthed...

This user has no status.
Mark V, sriver, Tenergy 05 and hurricane 3 are definitely true, but MX-P is nowhere near those 4. It‘s a decent rubber nowadays, but there are so much more from former times, which were much more influencing tabletennis:
- barna
- Samba
- sriver fx
- coppa
- Bryce

Coppa was awesome! Vario was great too but the Sriver Fx was the thing for me.

When I started to play, Waldner was the king and Sweden the TT country. And since he and Person used Donic, we only used the same thing until I discovered Sriver FX and my life would never be the same.

says Aging is a killer
Butterfly D13 is the Daddy of inverted sandwich rubbers.
Most players used Dunlop Barna rubbers at the beginning of the sandwich rubber craze. But as soon as D13 hit the market, everything else at the time was irrelevant, and set the standard for all to follow even to this day. Sriver is in fact just a version of D13.
My source; a >90yo player

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Coppa was awesome! Vario was great too but the Sriver Fx was the thing for me.

When I started to play, Waldner was the king and Sweden the TT country. And since he and Person used Donic, we only used the same thing until I discovered Sriver FX and my life would never be the same.

Coppa was originally made by Banda (a sub brand to Stiga). Donic bought the name rights to Coppa from Stiga when Stiga went bankrupt (and Waldner moved to Donic).