• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 29
    1. Top | #1
      Torbspin is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      5
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Alternative H3 Neo prov 40° boosted

      Hello,
      I hope someone can help me here. I think here are more people who know a lot about Chinese Equipment.
      I played the H3 boosted last winter and it was one of my best experiences with rubbers. I could do anything with the rubber, but I decided that I don't want to boost every time. Is there a rubber which comes close to a H3 Neo prov 40 which you don't have to boost?

      Current setup:
      If layer alc
      FH: Mx-p
      Bh: Mx-s

      Thanks for your help!

    2. Top | #2
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,454
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,651 Times in 1,048 Posts
      XIOM Vega China

    3. Top | #3
      thekleifheit13 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Blade Gambler IM8 Hinoki
      Forehand Rubber BH: Gambler Nine Ultra Tack
      Backhand Rubber FH: Gambler Burst Thors Hammer

      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Ohio, USA
      Posts
      460
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 361 Times in 199 Posts
      Gambler Burst Thor's Hammer sponge feels like a boosted H3 neo to me. I've never played with the provincial version, just the commercial one.

    4. Top | #4
      Caxoera is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Brazil

      Equipment:
      Blade Cornilleau Gatien Absolum Off+
      Forehand Rubber Stiga DNA Pro H
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Pro

      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Location
      Sao Paulo
      Posts
      59
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Torbspin View Post
      Hello,
      I hope someone can help me here. I think here are more people who know a lot about Chinese Equipment.
      I played the H3 boosted last winter and it was one of my best experiences with rubbers. I could do anything with the rubber, but I decided that I don't want to boost every time. Is there a rubber which comes close to a H3 Neo prov 40 which you don't have to boost?

      Current setup:
      If layer alc
      FH: Mx-p
      Bh: Mx-s

      Thanks for your help!
      Have to boost every time is the reason I don’t even try this rubber (I’m afraid to like it and can’t use anything else). I don’t even enjoy to spend 20 min gluing my rubbers, I can’t imagine myself boosting a single rubber for days.

    5. Top | #5
      dhyeymehta is offline
      says play to win
       
      TTD Member Country: India
      dhyeymehta's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Stratus Samsonov CB
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-S

      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Posts
      67
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
      Well i used the same equipment on forehand and then due to bubble formation i had to change. I changed to dignics it comfortable but price is really to much. I'll suggest yinhe Big dipper might be good as its little faster but i think the spin reduces a little bit.

      Sent from my COR-AL00 using Tapatalk

    6. Top | #6
      vik2000 is offline
      says Spin for life
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada

      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Acoustic
      Forehand Rubber Andro Rasanter R53
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P

      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Posts
      343
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts
      I went from boosted H3 prov blue sponge to D05 and was not pleased. Dignics just doesn't do it. I have a feeling one day I'll end up going back to H3 or H3N. I'll just boost it with three layers of Falco and not bother with reboosting again. The rubber should break in and feel softer after a few months so hopefully the booster effect fading away will be offset by softening rubber from playing.

    7. Top | #7
      729B2 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Australia

      Equipment:
      Blade Custom w968/N301
      Forehand Rubber 729 battle 2 Red S 40* black
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Moristo SP 2.2 max red

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Posts
      353
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 34 Times in 31 Posts
      Tibar K2

    8. The Following User Likes 729B2's Post:

      The_TT_Bat_Guy (1 Week Ago)

    9. Top | #8
      Torbspin is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      5
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Which one is faster k2 or big dipper?

    10. Top | #9
      SFF_lib is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: New Zealand
      SFF_lib's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Hans Alser OC
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 (Provincial)
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 64

      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      959
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 707 Times in 424 Posts
      Tibhar K1 plus is similar to H3 40 degree. K2 is close to H3 41 degree. K2 also has less tack than K1.

    11. Top | #10
      Kuba Hajto is online now
      says EJ at heart
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade Gambler Fire Dragon Touch
      Forehand Rubber yinhe/galaxy Milky Way Moon Pro
      Backhand Rubber Friendship/729 Bloom Spin

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      160
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 65 Times in 46 Posts
      Big Dipper is not tacky at all so it would be a bad alternative. Take a look at Moon Pro (not regular moon) it might be what you are looking for.
      Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:41 PM.

    12. Top | #11
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,454
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,651 Times in 1,048 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by vik2000 View Post
      I went from boosted H3 prov blue sponge to D05 and was not pleased. Dignics just doesn't do it. I have a feeling one day I'll end up going back to H3 or H3N. I'll just boost it with three layers of Falco and not bother with reboosting again. The rubber should break in and feel softer after a few months so hopefully the booster effect fading away will be offset by softening rubber from playing.
      I think you miss the feeling of brushing the ball with a tacky rubber.

    13. Top | #12
      thot is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Romania


      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      38
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto View Post
      Big Dipper is not tacky at all so it would be a bad alternative. Take a look at Moon Pro (not regular moon) it might be what you are looking for.
      What's the sponge color? And where do you buy it?

    14. Top | #13
      Kuba Hajto is online now
      says EJ at heart
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade Gambler Fire Dragon Touch
      Forehand Rubber yinhe/galaxy Milky Way Moon Pro
      Backhand Rubber Friendship/729 Bloom Spin

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      160
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 65 Times in 46 Posts
      Cole has it and also presports have some. For black rubber there should be a purple sponge I believe.

    15. Top | #14
      quantumfaith is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      4
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Nittaku Fastarc G1! No adjustment needed. A little less tacky, but tackier than T05, D05. Similar contact time, throw angle, and more catapult at high power band. Maybe 2 or 3 grams heavier.

      Switching to D05 requires a lot of getting used to. D05 has a lower throw, longer contact, and much more catapult starting from middle power band. One needs hit more forward to engage. Once you are good at engaging the rubber, it is tamed and becomes a consistent high potential rubber. It took me half year to begin seeing its strength.

    16. The Following User Likes quantumfaith's Post:

      dhyeymehta (3 Weeks Ago)

    17. Top | #15
      mihalichtheone is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Russian Federation

      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Acoustic
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku G-1
      Backhand Rubber Andro Rasanter R42

      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Location
      Bratislava
      Posts
      18
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by quantumfaith View Post
      Nittaku Fastarc G1! No adjustment needed. A little less tacky, but tackier than T05, D05. Similar contact time, throw angle, and more catapult at high power band. Maybe 2 or 3 grams heavier.

      Switching to D05 requires a lot of getting used to. D05 has a lower throw, longer contact, and much more catapult starting from middle power band. One needs hit more forward to engage. Once you are good at engaging the rubber, it is tamed and becomes a consistent high potential rubber. It took me half year to begin seeing its strength.
      I've tried Nittaku Fastarc G1 and honestly I cannot say that the spin is the same as with H3 Provincial Orange sponge (even though I only boost 40 deg. rubber with 1 layer).
      Played with that rubber on the FH for a month and decided to switch back. The top spins are quite stable and fast, but the spin is just not there: neither on the serves, nor on the top spin play.

      The question I want to ask: how much does it really take to break in the H3 Provincial rubbers ? If I don't want to boost it. Without boosting it requires very very VERY good footwork, as well as weight transfer to execute proper FH top spin.

    18. Top | #16
      igorponger is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Former Soviet Union


      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      240
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 72 Times in 52 Posts
      ITTF gonna to only allow one version of H3, for everyone's benefit, I believe.

    19. Top | #17
      thot is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Romania


      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      38
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto View Post
      Cole has it and also presports have some. For black rubber there should be a purple sponge I believe.
      Thanks, I found it on aliexpress too ($30), it has purple sponge as I suspect it. Looks like Xushaofa LSZ II which I used and liked a few years ago. Can't find it anymore and it was around $12.

    20. Top | #18
      Torbspin is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      5
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      I don't think that G1 is nearly same as H3. They a totally different rubbers which have some same additues. Less Catapult, quite hard, good angle play.

    21. Top | #19
      Kuba Hajto is online now
      says EJ at heart
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade Gambler Fire Dragon Touch
      Forehand Rubber yinhe/galaxy Milky Way Moon Pro
      Backhand Rubber Friendship/729 Bloom Spin

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      160
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 65 Times in 46 Posts
      I payed 17$ shipped from presports for Yinhe Moon Pro, so there is a big price difference. There is also wandżi in Poland, he sells for about 20$, but he only has hardest sponge :|

    22. Top | #20
      thot is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Romania


      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      38
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto View Post
      I payed 17$ shipped from presports for Yinhe Moon Pro, so there is a big price difference. There is also wandżi in Poland, he sells for about 20$, but he only has hardest sponge :|
      Is the one from presports soft or medium?
      IIRC the XSF version boosted in vacuum pack was less tacky than the one not boosted.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP