Alternative H3 Neo prov 40° boosted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hello,
I hope someone can help me here. I think here are more people who know a lot about Chinese Equipment.
I played the H3 boosted last winter and it was one of my best experiences with rubbers. I could do anything with the rubber, but I decided that I don't want to boost every time. Is there a rubber which comes close to a H3 Neo prov 40 which you don't have to boost?

Current setup:
If layer alc
FH: Mx-p
Bh: Mx-s

Thanks for your help!

This user has no status.
Hello,
I hope someone can help me here. I think here are more people who know a lot about Chinese Equipment.
I played the H3 boosted last winter and it was one of my best experiences with rubbers. I could do anything with the rubber, but I decided that I don't want to boost every time. Is there a rubber which comes close to a H3 Neo prov 40 which you don't have to boost?

Current setup:
If layer alc
FH: Mx-p
Bh: Mx-s

Thanks for your help!

Have to boost every time is the reason I don’t even try this rubber (I’m afraid to like it and can’t use anything else). I don’t even enjoy to spend 20 min gluing my rubbers, I can’t imagine myself boosting a single rubber for days.

This user has no status.
Well i used the same equipment on forehand and then due to bubble formation i had to change. I changed to dignics it comfortable but price is really to much. I'll suggest yinhe Big dipper might be good as its little faster but i think the spin reduces a little bit.

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JesperStef
This user has no status.
I went from boosted H3 prov blue sponge to D05 and was not pleased. Dignics just doesn't do it. I have a feeling one day I'll end up going back to H3 or H3N. I'll just boost it with three layers of Falco and not bother with reboosting again. The rubber should break in and feel softer after a few months so hopefully the booster effect fading away will be offset by softening rubber from playing.

I went from boosted H3 prov blue sponge to D05 and was not pleased. Dignics just doesn't do it. I have a feeling one day I'll end up going back to H3 or H3N. I'll just boost it with three layers of Falco and not bother with reboosting again. The rubber should break in and feel softer after a few months so hopefully the booster effect fading away will be offset by softening rubber from playing.
I think you miss the feeling of brushing the ball with a tacky rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Big Dipper is not tacky at all so it would be a bad alternative. Take a look at Moon Pro (not regular moon) it might be what you are looking for.
What's the sponge color? And where do you buy it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Nittaku Fastarc G1! No adjustment needed. A little less tacky, but tackier than T05, D05. Similar contact time, throw angle, and more catapult at high power band. Maybe 2 or 3 grams heavier.

Switching to D05 requires a lot of getting used to. D05 has a lower throw, longer contact, and much more catapult starting from middle power band. One needs hit more forward to engage. Once you are good at engaging the rubber, it is tamed and becomes a consistent high potential rubber. It took me half year to begin seeing its strength.

Reactions: dhyeymehta
Nittaku Fastarc G1! No adjustment needed. A little less tacky, but tackier than T05, D05. Similar contact time, throw angle, and more catapult at high power band. Maybe 2 or 3 grams heavier.

Switching to D05 requires a lot of getting used to. D05 has a lower throw, longer contact, and much more catapult starting from middle power band. One needs hit more forward to engage. Once you are good at engaging the rubber, it is tamed and becomes a consistent high potential rubber. It took me half year to begin seeing its strength.

I've tried Nittaku Fastarc G1 and honestly I cannot say that the spin is the same as with H3 Provincial Orange sponge (even though I only boost 40 deg. rubber with 1 layer).
Played with that rubber on the FH for a month and decided to switch back. The top spins are quite stable and fast, but the spin is just not there: neither on the serves, nor on the top spin play.

The question I want to ask: how much does it really take to break in the H3 Provincial rubbers ? If I don't want to boost it. Without boosting it requires very very VERY good footwork, as well as weight transfer to execute proper FH top spin.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]ITTF gonna to only allow one version of H3, for everyone's benefit, I believe.[/size]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Cole has it and also presports have some. For black rubber there should be a purple sponge I believe.
Thanks, I found it on aliexpress too ($30), it has purple sponge as I suspect it. Looks like Xushaofa LSZ II which I used and liked a few years ago. Can't find it anymore and it was around $12.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
I don't think that G1 is nearly same as H3. They a totally different rubbers which have some same additues. Less Catapult, quite hard, good angle play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I payed 17$ shipped from presports for Yinhe Moon Pro, so there is a big price difference. There is also wandżi in Poland, he sells for about 20$, but he only has hardest sponge :|
Is the one from presports soft or medium?
IIRC the XSF version boosted in vacuum pack was less tacky than the one not boosted.