Prices of Table Tennis 11 are without V.A.T

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I guess everybody knows tabletennis11 since it's a well known store for table tennis equipment.

Recently I noticed that it reduced the price of Xiom Vega Pro rubber, from 35,90€ to 29,92€.
However, when i added the item to the cart, 20% VAT was added and the price at the cart was 35,90€

That happens for EVERY item.

So beware : Every price that you see in tabletennis11 is WITHOUT VAT 20%.

I don't know why, but for some reason tabletennis11 chose to depict the prices without the 20% VAT, and the VAT is added when you put the item to the cart.

To my opinion, this is misleading!

This user has no status.
Greece.
But the change in the prices as to be shown without VAT, happened a few weeks ago.

I've been ordering from tt11 for a few years now, and always the prices were WITH VAT.

I recommend buying from a non-EU country so that you don’t have to pay the tax. I can confirm no VAT for orders to the US. (But I didn’t actually make the final purchase.

a4f4838e3b37dc732741a817de349126.jpg

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Wow. Bitchin n moanin about taxes by ppl I suspect still like that there’s a road to drive on, drinking water readily available, homes with electricity, sanitation, bridges to cross rivers, piblic transport, libraries, schools for the kids and teachers for them, hospitals to cater for the sick and injured.

Yeah, taxes are baaaaad and if you’re not doing all you can to whine about n dodge’m you’re a sissy girlie man not worthy of the Gipper’s mighty legacy. Now sing that to strings and banjo, yod’lin away, and have a good future, apocalyptic though it might be.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I recommend buying from a non-EU country so that you don’t have to pay the tax. I can confirm no VAT for orders to the US. (But I didn’t actually make the final purchase.

cache.php

Thats true. If you buy from an non EU country, you don’t have to pay taxes (something around 20%), you get a bigger discount (30% off on purchases over than €300,00 vs 25% off on purchases over than €250,00 on the European website) and also have free shipping.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Don't they collect taxes anyway when the package arrives at your door or when you pick it up?

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
EU gunna get like California and grow tentacles that reach across the world to Gangster style enforce sales tax collection 100x more evil ruthless than USA IRS goonies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ahh, good ol times. The mandatory withholding and reporting for non-US based, non-citizen, non-resident aliens. Wonder who actually bothers?

By their definition, TT11 is an illegal smuggler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
lasta said:
Ahh, good ol times... By their definition, TT11 is an illegal smuggler.

Tax Enforcement Dept for the State of Kalifornia über alles would not necessarily consider outfits like TT11 illegal smugglers... just the state residents who use those outfits and did not report/pay for a situation whee they got goods without paying Kalifornia a state tax.

Kalifornia WOULD... and DOES send mean sounding letters to out of state vendors demanding to know why business transactions for goods sold by the firm to California addresses did not include a state tax sent to the State of Kalifornia Tax Dept... and those letters are detailed demanding a payment.

The reach of the State in these matters or concerning.

Still, USA people love to gripe about taxes... but many USA people have never lived anywhere with real taxes. We grip about 8% sales tax and 15-30% income tax, and 1-3% property tax...

In Europe taxes are a little higher (and the public gets a ton more value compared to USA)

Germany VAT is 20%, right?
Sweden 30% right?

Germans have to pay an annual "National TV/Radio Broadcasting Tax" if they own a TV or radio just one example of DOZENS of mandatory expenditures for citizens not mentioning the many required insurances to pay for... like insurance to pay for your kid or dog damaging stuff

Income tax a LOT higher in Europe too

If a USA person suddenly had to work and function over there, the majority would freak the heck out.

Not to say that stuff is bad over there. many of the EU nations have more or less agreed on the need for that level of tax, but do HUGE amount of stuff for citizens with that many, despite disagreements. That dynamic may be growing more diverse, but many EU countries got their shyt together on tax/use of tax money way more than USA does.

Jan 2018
Same thing for BBC and NHK with the TV license. Own a TV? Pay your "tax".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Heil Kalifornia! With all the paperwork, I won't be surprised when websites start quoting "world-wide shipping - Excl. California".

Anyways, back to topic. For EU based businesses "carrying out business" within EU where the merchant is required to "withhold" (This is a very American word) taxes, TT11 is a little sketchy about not doing it, or not having an options to "display prices inc VAT".

Ofcourse, coming from Canada, I can't complain. For some provinces, they have to add 14% sales tax to everything one buys, and its NEVER included on any price tag. Sometimes I wish they just rounded it to 15%, easier to work out in the head.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Tax Enforcement Dept for the State of Kalifornia über alles would not necessarily consider outfits like TT11 illegal smugglers... just the state residents who use those outfits and did not report/pay for a situation whee they got goods without paying Kalifornia a state tax.

Kalifornia WOULD... and DOES send mean sounding letters to out of state vendors demanding to know why business transactions for goods sold by the firm to California addresses did not include a state tax sent to the State of Kalifornia Tax Dept... and those letters are detailed demanding a payment.

The reach of the State in these matters or concerning.

Still, USA people love to gripe about taxes... but many USA people have never lived anywhere with real taxes. We grip about 8% sales tax and 15-30% income tax, and 1-3% property tax...

In Europe taxes are a little higher (and the public gets a ton more value compared to USA)

Germany VAT is 20%, right?
Sweden 30% right?

Germans have to pay an annual "National TV/Radio Broadcasting Tax" if they own a TV or radio just one example of DOZENS of mandatory expenditures for citizens not mentioning the many required insurances to pay for... like insurance to pay for your kid or dog damaging stuff

Income tax a LOT higher in Europe too

If a USA person suddenly had to work and function over there, the majority would freak the heck out.

Not to say that stuff is bad over there. many of the EU nations have more or less agreed on the need for that level of tax, but do HUGE amount of stuff for citizens with that many, despite disagreements. That dynamic may be growing more diverse, but many EU countries got their shyt together on tax/use of tax money way more than USA does.

If people from Europe thinks they pay too much taxes, they should come to Brazil to understand whats high taxes for real. Just to import something under $500 we pay 60% of taxes (including the shipping (yes, we pay taxes for the shipping too). If it is over than $500,00 than is much worse, something around 110%. VAT? We don’t have it. We just have 6 different kind of dutys (PIS, Cofins, ICMS, IPI, ISS and ITBI). I could tell you much more but I believe its enough for one day...

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
Brazil’s protectionist tax policies are quite unique. The idea is to essentially force corporations to setup factories in tax havens in the middle of the jungle (Manaus for example) to assemble the product locally thus making it more profitable to sell on the Brazilian market.

The major problem is that also the products manufactured here have very high taxes. For a car you have to pay 52% of taxes. Energie 48%, Shoes and Clothes 34%, Gasoline 53%, telephone bill 47%... Is crazy here brother.