Prices of Table Tennis 11 are without V.A.T

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hm, that's interesting. In my case, even when I'm logged on, the prices i see are without VAT....

Maybe your browser shows that you are not from EU and when you enter your shipping address VAT is applied?

I recommend buying from a non-EU country so that you don’t have to pay the tax. I can confirm no VAT for orders to the US. (But I didn’t actually make the final purchase.

if you enter shipping outside the EU, you won't have to pay VAT, but when the stuff gets shipped to for example USA, if the price is above some threshold you will have to pay VAT at local custom (at least that's how it works if you import smth to EU..)

The way it works in the EU is that if a EU based webshop has a turnover over a certain amount towards another EU country it needs to apply the local VAT to the sale (and feed the money to local tax agency.... Greece in this case).

yes, you have to pay VAT to the country you are selling to, but VAT still should be applied by the webshop and then as you said, transferred to the country of buyer, in that case from Estonia to Greece...

This user has no status.
I guess everybody knows tabletennis11 since it's a well known store for table tennis equipment.

Recently I noticed that it reduced the price of Xiom Vega Pro rubber, from 35,90€ to 29,92€.
However, when i added the item to the cart, 20% VAT was added and the price at the cart was 35,90€

That happens for EVERY item.

So beware : Every price that you see in tabletennis11 is WITHOUT VAT 20%.

I don't know why, but for some reason tabletennis11 chose to depict the prices without the 20% VAT, and the VAT is added when you put the item to the cart.

To my opinion, this is misleading!

e-shops are doing different things ...
The module displays prices with or without VAT according to the IP address of the country.
For all EU countries prices should be listed with VAT.
For countries outside the EU prices are shown excluding VAT.