Godfather of short pimples!! Avalox P700

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
So I finally found a second hand P700 at a reasonable price to try with short pimples (Spectol Red) on backhand and Nittaku Hurricane 3 Turbo (nutter) Blue on forehand.

I have been playing very well and getting good results recently so it makes sense to mess around with blades again. DOH!!!

View attachment 20143

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
how does this avalox p700 differ from other clipper structure for short pimples? does it really play good on short pimples? i heard this is the holy grail of sp

Second layer of Stiga's Ayous is replaced with Meranti (slightly harder). Slightly thinner overall, I think my former P700 measured 6.4mm, slightly more flexible. A bit slower than the Clippers, but good impact feedback.

IMO, I think your S7 is better (for pure short pips), stiffer, much faster, more solid.

Last edited:
Reactions: wappak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
do you try with Yinhe PD 437? i remember that Yogi bear had a good review about it on mytabletennis.net... about 2 years ago. :cool:

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Godfather of Equipment Junkie!! MOG. :)

hahahaha

Have fun. I do think it is worth trying a blade like the P700 that you have been so interested in for such a long time. But just don't read the rest of the thread for all those other suggestions of blades that are good for SP. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have always thought this is to soft for short pimple play nowadays But i Do not know. Think regular Clipper feels to soft. But Maybe it work for short pimple on the backhand. I Do not like so much arc either so Maybe is that.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
So I tried the P700 tonight and in practice it was amazing in block, I blocked everything, smashes and topspins and I though it was awesome.

Then had a few practice matches and it was too flexy and too slow compared to my yinhe M202. I could not loop hard enough on fh and I could not attck well enough with the pimples.

I think if I used tenergy and short pimples it would be ok or even reversed both sides.

But think the Ejing is finally over and I am sticking with the Yinhe M202...........
Although I am trying a Butterfly Innerforce ALC just to see if it is any better than a £39 Yinhe blade!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
The IF ALC is actually quite soft. Amazing to loop with modern euro/Japanese rubbers but I expect that it will be quite horrible with SP when trying to attack. I’ve only tried it with Spectol for chopping purposes but it wasn’t that great when trying to do traditional SP BH punches with it. I normally don’t like blades like the Viscaria but I felt that it was much easier to play with when using SP.

Buy a cheap 2nd hand one if you need to get it out of your system.

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
IF ALC is the worst mix for short pips, soft, somewhat flexible, indirect, and numb/dull. Stay away.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
IF ALC may fall into the n + 1 rule for blades. :)

Sometimes it is worth trying things. And TT equipment really isn't that expensive. And the good stuff like a P700 has a decent resale value. IF ALC would also.

But I agree, IF ALC does not seem like it would be a good choice for someone who wants a hard, direct blade. I think mart1nandersson's and Lasta's descriptions of IF ALC are pretty on point.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe you need to try the material for a longer while to see how it feels. There is proably a time of adjustment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I have m202 -soft blade but still with hard stiff impact, for me it plays very different if we talk about
Everything what you can buy.
Innerforce alc has more class feel and better touch but if you like your m202/sp
dont waste your time for if alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What are you looking for MOG? Are you changing due to other stuff beside just the fun of it?