Best player in the World right now?

This user has no status.
For me Fan Zhendong is the best player in the world right now. Fan is extremely consistent on both wings. His back hand flick is undoubtedly the best on the world circuit. Fan's stability due to his strong legs support his incredible movement. He also has a while before he retires.

Who do you think is the best player on the world stage right now?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hard to call. Right this instant? yeah I'd probably say FZD.

It's weird because best player in the world in a given instant can change. Not that long ago you could say Xu Xin. Earlier this year you certainly wouldn't say it was FZD.

Then of course you have ML who we haven't seen as much but I think nearly everybody would say he could still be best in the world in any given moment because he's generally accepted as the best overall of the three.

Reactions: matzreenzi
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
ML’s track record is immense, but as he’s been absent for a while that’s starting to fade. He’ll not only not have to lose, he’ll have to actually compete again to reassert himself.

Ma Long until someone beats him in a really huge event.

Much as I would like it if yoass was correct, I think Baal is accurate.

ML has been so dominant that, until someone wins something like Olympic Gold or the WTTC I think we have to continue to consider ML #1.

3 WTTCs in a row and the last Olympic gold seems to hold some weight until someone can take one of those titles.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I do fear that someone will take these titles without ML even participating. In that case ML’s #1 status becomes disputable, even though he remains undefeated in major events.

I fear but hope otherwise. Going out with a bang would do more justice to the man’s stature then a silent whimper would. I’m grateful to have witnessed ZJK’s final push in the Japanese Open; a worthy an valiant goodbye.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I do fear that someone will take these titles without ML even participating. In that case ML’s #1 status becomes disputable, even though he remains undefeated in major events.

Yes but until or if we see that, I'll stick with status quo.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Rule #49.6b...

"Anyone talking bad about Ma Long is gunna hafta face the CNT supporting Goon Squad".

Der_Echte advice:

Don't do it... not worth it. No matter how Rambo bad-azz you may be, there are simply too many of that Goon Squad and they are gunna get you good somewhere down the line sooner or later, odds say sooner.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
We don't know ML's form right now. Let's wait for the World Cup before making any statement.