Budapest clubs

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I am in Budapest for a few days and hoping to play or train. Topspin table tennis basically told me not to bother going there on the weekend. The next best option seems to be the Hungarian Chinese ttc. Either one is a long haul from Kalvin ter where I am staying. Which I don't mind if I get to play, but after being turned away by three out of the four clubs I went to in Vienna, I'm not looking to waste my time here.

Does anyone know of a club in Budapest where a tourist can turn up and play, or pay for coaching?

I'm learning that TT for visitors in europe is really shit. Friiends who have gone to Korea and Thailland have told me there are loads of clubs and they are happy for you to walk in and play. Something to think about for my 2020 vacation. But for now I am here, can anyone help me out?

This user has no status.
there are many pretty girls in Budapest. Why do you want to play TT there ? Visit their torture museum, the Frantz Listz museum, their hot baths, the upper city. there is also their beautiful and unique famous hot baths. The girls are beautiful and open minded there, actually girls are their best exports !

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
What can I say? I'm a TT addict. I have only played once in two weeks and withdrawal symptoms are kicking in. I'll try the chinese club later today and report back so other jonesing travellers can find useful info on the forum.

Reactions: NextLevel

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Success! After a mornng hiking through the UNESCO sites around the Duna and unintentionally photobombing 1,000 people's instagrams I decided to subtract one tourist from the center. So I took a bus out to the Hungarian Chinese TTC. It's closed. There is still one lonely table in there, but the rest of the space is a mess of boxes and crap. It was worth the ride to see some actual Hungarians and normal neighborhoods, and also to see how the chinese commerce works here. They have "Kinai stores" in the center like in Portugal, but this was more like a trade and business center. Inner Mongolia has a big office there, for example.

But my TT jones was only getting stronger, so I messaged Topspin TTC again and rode a bus and a tram over there. I didn't get to play, but a coach naned Hunor had an hour open. It was good. I have another two hours booked tomorrow afternoon, and Monday, and Tuesday. But first I will go tomorrow morning to the Gellert thermal baths and get my legs working again. Hot springs and TT training, Double Happiness!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
The thermal bath was so good. Afterwards my legs revived for a very nice two hour 1-2-1 session with Adam Hunor Szolnay. We were playing out points with him serving randomly to my short fh or long bh. When I guessed wrong on the spin Adam would ask what spin was it? Obviously I know after the fact from what the ball does. But important point that I don't pay attention to his bat angle at contact. That maybe comes from at first not understanding spin, and developing a habit of just trying to read it off the ball flight, or guessing. But when I watch for it was pretty easy and successful to read from his bat. That alone was good value for 5k HUF/hr, but of course he also worked on using the most active receive for each given serve spin and location. Also more on adjusting distance from the table on fh when I push the receive. I tend to go back and try to block, or stay close and try to counter. Either option is fine, but I have reversed the shots and distances so neither works. A coach at B75 noted that my bh block is relatively strong and fh block is weak, but he didn't call out this reason. And since I mostly train on my own it is really important to know *why* the errors happen. On bh I always block bc I trust the sp to be effective. Sometimes harder or soft, but I never step back and counterloop with moristo. On fh I don't know what to do. It's an important pattern to train bc over the past 9 months or so I have been sporadically working on a proper hard fh long push receive. I never learned how to push until I already played seven years. But I don't have a 4th ball plan when my push gets looped into my fh, so I don't use that receive much. So working here on constructing the points and connecting isolated skills into patterns that work in play. A random training session in a strange city with an unknown coach doesn't get much better than that. So kozonom to Adam, a very good coach.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi