Is there a spinny short pimple?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Have you tried the German made pips like Rakza PO or similar? They play quite similar to inverted but definitely have got SP qualities (though not as much as 802 or similar). It’s quite easy to loop with Rakza PO. I guess that Moristo SP AX and Andro Blowfish are quite similar but I haven’t tried them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I have Razka Po in 2,0 on bh. I feel I can do almost every shots the same way as inverted rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
From the first time you use them, they are very fast and unforgiving. But after 2-3 month they are feeling soo good

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I disagree with the opinions about rakza po. It have little grip for a short pimple.

As long as they have grip you can create spin But you Will never be able to loop aswell as with an inverted.

I also think spectol is considered a more Classic short pimple with less grip.

You can proably Google this answer. As long as it is a more Modern short pimple with grip you are good to go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you should try a rubber then work on the stroke. The opening against backspin Will never get very good spin so you need to work on getting it low with good placement instead.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
its just my stoke always still goes up a little unless the ball is short. I just think a grippier short pimple would still allow me to play up a little and then I can work on the stroke and as it improves maybe go back to spectol, spectol are rubbish for digs and pushes, where as some of the other pimples like waran and victas 102 are very good on tight pushes and digs, spectol red is terrible for retunring serves low, it is just too bouncy

it is basically an attack ebery single ball kinmd of pimple

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Mog,

I thought you already tried all the pimples out there.

Never tried Rakza PO, but Amir Ahmed on OOAK and Lula here both say its not spinny, so thats enough to stop my interest in it haha.

802-40 is still the spinniest, but not too much more than Victas 102, Spinpips Red and Blowfish. As long as grip is there and hardness is about level of what you want, I don't think there is a huge difference in pips...

All the last 4 mentioned pips can loop very well. Can even hold up for mid-distance counterlooping if you ever find yourself in that situation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Lula is way more experienced than 99.9% of the crowd on this forum when it comes to SP. Listen to him but as an amateur player I find it quite easy to do most things that I can with an inverted with Rakza PO. It's obviously generates less spin but it's easy to land the shots.

I guess it's a bit like MP vs LP. A compromise is never that great unless it suits your style 100%. If BH looping is your thing then just go for inverted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
For the moment im trying my spare pips on my main blade whitch is Fextra 7.
Right now im trying Friendship 802-40 III whitch i actually like. The are not as spinny as my main pips Razka Po.
But they are better to punch a serve return or to do under spin and hard to opponents forehand, and then attack with my Mantra M.
Really dont know right know whitch of my 2 pips im gonna like more than the other

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I agree about Lula, I don't just loop on backhand though.
I just think some grip for the initial shot just give me a bit more control then smash next shot.
Or a short pimple that could dig a chopped serve back well then look to get in if they dont hit a great shot.

It is almost impossible to push and play tight with spectol red.

That is what I am saying not that I want to loop every backhand. Many people say that they feel like I play with more confidence in general with short pimples on backhand.

And I could always get a straight handle and learn to twiddle more.

I do not like the idea of Razka PO and I definitely don't want to try cheapo 802-40.
If I try anything else it would be a modern soft grippy pimple!!

Lula is way more experienced than 99.9% of the crowd on this forum when it comes to SP. Listen to him but as an amateur player I find it quite easy to do most things that I can with an inverted with Rakza PO. It's obviously generates less spin but it's easy to land the shots.

I guess it's a bit like MP vs LP. A compromise is never that great unless it suits your style 100%. If BH looping is your thing then just go for inverted.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Why wont you use 802-40 III because its cheap on aliexpress???
Most of my oppenents smile when they saw im using Razka Po on bh, because they knew theres no disburbing in it.
But when im using 802-40 III then i still can do a opening loop, punch and very disburbing shots and good blocks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
802-40 III is way better than normal 802-40 believe me.
Its faster and a much better pip than the normal 802-40

Reactions: MOG