Blade Comparison

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hello, I am new to TableTennisDaily.

[FONT=&quot]Before I begin the discussion, I would like to mention that I played for 3 years, consecutively, 4 days a week. Ever since I relocated, I have not practiced, and it has been about 3 years; however, I am returning to the game, and realizing that my view on the game has changed, in addition to improvement on my strokes. My first custom setup was a Mazunov with Yasaka Mark V on both sides, and then Tenergy 05 on both sides. It was an amateur mistake, as the rubbers transformed the setup in to a dumbbell. The stupid mistakes do not end here, unfortunately. I changed my blade to a Garaydia T5000 with Tenergy 05 on both sides, without prior practice with the blade ( I did not have access to any of the blades I wanted). I am still playing with the Garaydia T5000 setup, and must say on one hand I do enjoy the light weight, hinoki top layer feel, blocking (excellent), and most importantly the loops. However, on the other hand, the blade is too fast, provides no dwell time, no control, and minimal feeling, which limits your game significantly. I am searching for a blade which has much more feel, but does not prevent me from blocking (very important for me), lightweight, less speed but not slow (OFF preferably), and most importantly significant control. Unfortunately, I have a lot of blades in mind, but ironically have no access to either one except a Timo Boll Spirit (tried it once, and it was excellent). I would appreciate it if you could compare the blades, and give me your advice on the blades I have listed below. I want to buy one of them and never change my setup again. I will be using Tenergy 05 on both sides.

BUTERFLY: Timo Boll Spirit, Timo Boll ALC, Lin Gaoyuan ALC, Maze Performance, Petr Korbel, Primorac (not carbon).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]STIGA: Clipper Classic Wood.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NITTAKU: Acoustic, Violin, Ludeack[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DONIC: Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DHS: Hurricane King III[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]YASAKA: Ma Lin Extra Offensive[/FONT]

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.