Viscaria, Boll ALC or Innerforce ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hey Guys

I just want to know what do you think about these three blades.

I can't decide which one suits best for me. With TB ALC my forehand is the strongest but backhand the weakest. With Viscaria and Innerforce ALC my backhands are stronger but my forehand topspin (who is my strongest shot) a little bit weaker. It is really hard to find the right blade but it's time to take one for a lifetime because it makes me tired to try try and try... :)

What do you think about it?

Greetings

This user has no status.
Choose the setup that gives you the most consistency. If you are healthy and mobile then you should be able to get enough power from an inner force blade.

Let me ask a different question: Which blade is better for short touch play? (Short pushes, serves, etc...). For me that’s more important than trying hit a powerful forehand shot with 10% more speed.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Choose the setup that gives you the most consistency. If you are healthy and mobile then you should be able to get enough power from an inner force blade.

Let me ask a different question: Which blade is better for short touch play? (Short pushes, serves, etc...). For me that’s more important than trying hit a powerful forehand shot with 10% more speed.

I'm with Bryan on this, touch and the short game (including serves and serve returns) are extremely important, the most important aspects if you ask me, since the beginning of every rally and sets you up for attacks.

Also, it seems that if your BH feels considerably better with IF ALC and you don't lose that much on FH, you already have your answer.

Lastly, sorry to recommend another blade for you to try, but if you like the touch of the IF ALC and want a bit more power, then the IF ZLC might be a good compromise to all the blades you've mentioned.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Try zhang jike alc , its like tb alc and viscaria but allows me to change bat angles alot easier .

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Most of the advice given here will only confuse you more. Frankly, the only way for you to know is to try them. Maybe people you know have them?

These blades are all made for pretty much the same style of play. You can get accustomed to any of them and play well. Handles feel a little different so you MAY have a preference, and you MAY prefer composites deeper or closer to the surface. Which one you like best initially will depend a bit on what you are used to.

These are all great blades. Asking questions on a forum will not tell you which one YOU will like better. Frankly, this is also true for the other blades people have mentioned on this thread.

There is no rational way to predict your preferences. The good news is that it almost doesn't matter. Whichever of the three you choose, once you are accustomed to it, your level will be the same. Maybe not on day 1, but certainly on day 30. This is ESPECIALLY true for TB-ALC vs Viscaria vs ZJK-ALC.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Most of the advice given here will only confuse you more. Frankly, the only way for you to know is to try them. Maybe people you know have them?

These blades are all made for pretty much the same style of play. You can get accustomed to any of them and play well. Handles feel a little different so you MAY have a preference, and you MAY prefer composites deeper or closer to the surface. Which one you like best initially will depend a bit on what you are used to.

These are all great blades. Asking questions on a forum will not tell you which one YOU will like better. Frankly, this is also true for the other blades people have mentioned on this thread.

There is no rational way to predict your preferences. The good news is that it almost doesn't matter. Whichever of the three you choose, once you are accustomed to it, your level will be the same. Maybe not on day 1, but certainly on day 30. This is ESPECIALLY true for TB-ALC vs Viscaria vs ZJK-ALC.

Sorry but I disagree...why it has to confuse more?? And no, whichever of the three you choose your level will not be the same at the end. When you want to improve your game it's not "loose your best stroke" but "help to improve" what's hard for you to have a better level finally. That result will arrive with a lot of training yes, so if you're searching something based on feeling here you have the big difference on feeling between TB alc and Innerforce alc, this is the soft feeling you have with the IF alc because you have 2 outer layers so in the short play you're not using the alc, that helps you with your bh and deserves you in your fh because you don't have the same acceleration in top spin. In my opinion to improve the short game you have to train, not to find a blade "who will make it" for you. A question, what are you using now ( blade and rubber)?

This user has no status.
I have only tried two, the Viscaria and the TB ALC, very similar weights, both Flared, same FH/BH setup.

The handle is the main visible difference, and for my grip, the Viscaria was the most comfortable.
Apart from the handle, there are certainly subtle differences, and these will ultimately be also certainly personal.

For me I just feel more confident with the Viscaria.

You definitely need to try.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Trust me on this, with blades that similar it is pretty much impossible that after a month to get accustomed to one or the other that your level would be different.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Trust me on this, with blades that similar it is pretty much impossible that after a month to get accustomed to one or the other that your level would be different.
The problem here is the blades are different....TB alc and Viscaria are similar, not the Innerforce.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The IF ALC plays very differently than the Viscaria/TB ALC/ZJK ALC. To me it doesn't play that much differently than the Butterfly Korbel Japan except on stronger shots when you start feeling a bit of carbon. The rest of the time, you pretty much get the feel of a 5-ply all-wood limba outer OFF- blade which I really appreciate for the touch game. I personally cannot play with a Viscaria or the likes, too many strong vibrations going through my hand and wrist that it hurts, and my short game is significantly worst due to the harder koto and alc second ply.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The problem here is the blades are different....TB alc and Viscaria are similar, not the Innerforce.

Innerforce is a bit different. I still dont think that 30 days later your level would be different.

There is a broader point I'm trying to make: In general on forums people seem to have unrealistic expectations about what effect this or that rubber or blade change will have on how well they play. A lot of the traffic is driven by that expectation, both in terms of questions asked and answers given with seemingly great certainty authority

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
.... people seem to have unrealistic expectations about what effect this or that rubber or blade change will have on how well they play. A lot of the traffic is driven by that expectation ....

This is so true, and it makes these never-ending threads like, will changing X make my flick 5% better? quite funny.

It will make no difference. Whatever the change is. No. Difference. Table tennis is all skills. I changed from T05 to SP on my backhand and in three months was playing at the same level. Not higher, not lower, same. That is an orders of magnitude bigger change than TB ALC to IF, or five-ply to seven, and still it made no difference.

Table tennis ability consists of basically three things, ball feeling, spin reading, and movement. If you want a (distant) fourth then can add tactics. Equipment isn't even a factor. It literally does not exist. Pure figment of our collective imagination. But don't let that stop you from getting a custom blade made with TB ALC forehand and IF backhand.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The only reason I know this is having gone down that road myself ( along with many playing partners and clubmates) and seeing the result.

Other things helped me. But not changes between equipment all of which is intended for the same kind of player. I have preferences of course. Mostly due to familiarity.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To point this towards the silly side of things, at SPiN, when I used to go there, there were a few guys who would do some fun and funny things. Every been beaten by someone playing with a giant lollipop? :) Or a shoe? :) Or a small plank of wood? :) Or a cell phone? :)

If you want to improve, there is no shortcut. Train. Train more. And train the random element and game simulation. So much of tactics and performance in match play is reading the situation well and fast enough. So when you train the random element you are training brain processing speed and the ability to make good decisions in the middle of competitive play.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

They are not so different that if one gets used to them the playing level will change. Maybe one may feel happier playing with limba or Koto and that may affect certain things. And one may feel that one has too much or too little vibration. But I have played with all 3 and i usually beat the same players with all 3 even though I don't like to play with any of them.