Hugo Calderano's equipment revealed

At least on Dandoy and TT11 the Tour cots 20% more than the Asia.

Not exactly the way I would put it. But for all we know, it could be a Cornilleau rubber with stamps modified for Xiom sponsorship. Equipment is all a matter of preference, and there is a lot of homogeniety across brands. Choose what you like, not what someone else uses.

If you want to take a trip down memory lane, Deng Yaping was "told" to use DHS gear, but she preferred 729 to PF4, so 729 made her the same rubber using their "competitor"'s label machine.

Or was it DHS took 729's rubber formula and stamped their name on it. One or the other...dotage is a b*tch!

Welcome to the real world.

I assure you it is a 100% Xiom rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Ok, since this is an actual equipment thread now, why is no one talking about this thing here?

View attachment 20259

Maybe because it is still a thread about Hugo Calderano´s personal equipment, not one about any blade named after him?

See also Boll, Samsonov, Ovtcharov, Waldner, Persson, Appelgren and many others who have and have had blades with their name, most of which or in some cases none of them they ever played with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Maybe because it is still a thread about Hugo Calderano´s personal equipment, not one about any blade named after him?

See also Boll, Samsonov, Ovtcharov, Waldner, Persson, Appelgren and many others who have and have had blades with their name, most of which or in some cases none of them they ever played with.

Actually the thread was originally just a joke about what cube model he uses, as bricec pointed out, then it became an actual equipment thread (as 99% of the threads here) but oh well

this will be released in March.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Hugo doesn’t use carbon blade.

Xiom never claimed any particular Xiom blade that he is using. This was just named after him. Waldner never used all the blades named after him, only a few.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Actually the thread was originally just a joke about what cube model he uses, as bricec pointed out, then it became an actual equipment thread (as 99% of the threads here) but oh well

What's the brand and model number of that rubiks cube? If I want to be like Hugo, I need what he has.

This user has no status.
36.99?!?!

Do you think the MoYu Meilong MF8841 is a good enough alternative for 5.99? Its the same dimension.

Do you think I'll be giving up too much hand feel? How much slower will I be if I save a little?

Honestly there are way too much posts asking for an alternative to MoYu Weilong GTS3M. Repeat after me: there are no "best rubik's cube", it's about finding what's the best setup for your game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
What's the brand and model number of that rubiks cube? If I want to be like Hugo, I need what he has.

It’s a customized pro version that they don’t sell. [emoji12]

BryanY is probably right.
MoYu wants us to think it is a GTS3M so it sells more, but it is probably a heavily lubed GTS2M National with blue springs and stronger professional magnets.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
36.99?!?!

Do you think the MoYu Meilong MF8841 is a good enough alternative for 5.99? Its the same dimension.

Do you think I'll be giving up too much hand feel? How much slower will I be if I save a little?

Nope, but MF3RS2 and YuXin Little Magic will give you lots of speed and spin, without loosing control [/dan]

Also, check out the price of GAN356 XS hahaha

Honestly there are way too much posts asking for an alternative to MoYu Weilong GTS3M. Repeat after me: there are no "best rubik's cube", it's about finding what's the best setup for your game.

The funny thing is that it is actually a thing :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Nope, but MF3RS2 and YuXin Little Magic will give you lots of speed and spin, without loosing control [/dan]

Also, check out the price of GAN356 XS hahaha

The funny thing is that it is actually a thing :p

The GAN356 XS has good reviews. Nice and solid feel. But I'm saving up for the Masterpiece Cube. Can't beat the density of 18k gold. And I don't think I'll need the GAN's tensioning system when I have 185 carats of precious gems for frictionless turning.

You just set me up on a very expensive journey.

How would Vegita solve a rubiks cube?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
The GAN356 XS has good reviews. Nice and solid feel. But I'm saving up for the Masterpiece Cube. Can't beat the density of 18k gold. And I don't think I'll need the GAN's tensioning system when I have 185 carats of precious gems for frictionless turning.

You just set me up on a very expensive journey.

How would Vegita solve a rubiks cube?

Oh yeah, everyone should be solving on a Masterpiece Cube, but some people think it is "expensive" while still walking around with two kidneys just there

I use the CFOP Method, but the layer by layer is a very good way to start.

Also, if you are free from TT EJ, Cubing EJ is really effective, since you can progress into 2x2, 4x4, […], 17x17 and non cubic stuff too.