• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 21 to 35 of 35
    1. Top | #21
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,408
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,636 Times in 1,036 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommy16 View Post
      Did I offended you somehow Yogi? If I did I do apologize. I just wanted to know if you are sure that Hugo uses Pro 7 with just special boosting.

      Ps. I have enjoyed your reviews but I really didn’t like the tone of your reply.
      When someone is asking you with honesty maybe it means they are asking you honestly. And no i am not offended nor also trying to convey anything except to ask.

    2. Top | #22
      Renan Angelici is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Brazil

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA TPE Nature
      Forehand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 50
      Backhand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 50

      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      11
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
      Wasn't Hugo using Omega 7 Tour?

      Not the off-the-shelf version, of course.

      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      Not Hyper but the Pro 07 Pro version which has a different boosting.

    3. Top | #23
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,408
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,636 Times in 1,036 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Renan Angelici View Post
      Wasn't Hugo using Omega 7 Tour?

      Not the off-the-shelf version, of course.
      He is using now Omega 7 Asia of different hardness on each side.

    4. Top | #24
      Renan Angelici is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Brazil

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA TPE Nature
      Forehand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 50
      Backhand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 50

      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      11
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
      On Austrian Open, two weeks ago, Hugo was still using Omega 7 Tour. As you can see on the picture below:

      Name:  CALDERANO_OMEGA7_TOUR.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  79.7 KB

      Checking on ITTFs LARC, Omega 7 Tour is listed under number 059, while Omega 7 Asia is 058.

    5. The Following 2 Users Like Renan Angelici's Post:

      bobpuls (13 Minutes Ago),TTLOVE (9 Hours Ago)

    6. Top | #25
      TTLOVE is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Italy

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC
      Forehand Rubber BH: Tibhar Evolution EL-P
      Backhand Rubber FH: Andro Hexer Powergrip

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Posts
      165
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 73 Times in 33 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Renan Angelici View Post
      On Austrian Open, two weeks ago, Hugo was still using Omega 7 Tour. As you can see on the picture below:

      Name:  CALDERANO_OMEGA7_TOUR.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  79.7 KB

      Checking on ITTFs LARC, Omega 7 Tour is listed under number 059, while Omega 7 Asia is 058.
      Yeah this is accurate, I check every pro's rubbers during the tournaments. Ugo has never played with omega 7 asia. This photo confirms it.

    7. Top | #26
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,408
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,636 Times in 1,036 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by TTLOVE View Post
      Yeah this is accurate, I check every pro's rubbers during the tournaments. Ugo has never played with omega 7 asia. This photo confirms it.
      Mind you, what you see is not what you always think it is. I just cannot disclose anything more. There are 2 things here, I am wrong and the people from Xiom are wrong ir you think you are correct,
      Last edited by yogi_bear; 8 Hours Ago at 10:57 PM.
      ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

    8. Top | #27
      Caxoera is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Brazil

      Equipment:
      Blade Cornilleau Gatien Absolum Off+
      Forehand Rubber Stiga DNA Pro H
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Pro

      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Location
      Sao Paulo
      Posts
      48
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
      Xiom says Hugo uses Omega 7 Tour, its the newest rubber from than and also the expensivest one. Someone really thinks they would say:” Hugo uses Omega 7 Asia thats cheaper, so you don’t have to spend more money on the Tour version but to be honest his rubber is customized on every way and you can’t even buy on the market something closer”.

      Come on guys, on FZ’s blade stiga says its a Viscaria with Stiga handle?

    9. Top | #28
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,408
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,636 Times in 1,036 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Caxoera View Post
      Xiom says Hugo uses Omega 7 Tour, its the newest rubber from than and also the expensivest one. Someone really thinks they would say:” Hugo uses Omega 7 Asia thats cheaper, so you don’t have to spend more money on the Tour version but to be honest his rubber is customized on every way and you can’t even buy on the market something closer”.

      Come on guys, on FZ’s blade stiga says its a Viscaria with Stiga handle?
      I have that rubber on the picture and it is anything but an Omega Tour 7

    10. Top | #29
      bricec is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: France

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Nostalgic Offensive
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Mantra M
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Genesis II M

      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Posts
      107
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 54 Times in 36 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      I have that rubber on the picture and it is anything but an Omega Tour 7
      Yogi, I believe Caxoera was trying to say that people should believe you

    11. The Following User Likes bricec's Post:

      bobpuls (12 Minutes Ago)

    12. Top | #30
      lasta is online now
      says Wa?
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      408
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 224 Times in 145 Posts
      That's a custom spec'd Omega 7 Asia with Omega 7 Tour stamped on it haha. For those who haven't had the revelation yet, who cares what the "pros" use?

    13. The Following 4 Users Like lasta's Post:

      bobpuls (12 Minutes Ago),bricec (6 Hours Ago),lVegita (5 Hours Ago),phorkyas (33 Minutes Ago)

    14. Top | #31
      bricec is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: France

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Nostalgic Offensive
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Mantra M
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Genesis II M

      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Posts
      107
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 54 Times in 36 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
      That's a custom spec'd Omega 7 Asia with Omega 7 Tour stamped on it haha. For those who haven't had the revelation yet, who cares what the "pros" use?
      yup, it’s not like us mere mortals would necessarily benefit from using the same gear anyways.

    15. The Following User Likes bricec's Post:

      lVegita (5 Hours Ago)

    16. Top | #32
      lasta is online now
      says Wa?
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      408
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 224 Times in 145 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by bricec View Post
      yup, it’s not like us mere mortals would necessarily benefit from using the same gear anyways.
      Not exactly the way I would put it. But for all we know, it could be a Cornilleau rubber with stamps modified for Xiom sponsorship. Equipment is all a matter of preference, and there is a lot of homogeniety across brands. Choose what you like, not what someone else uses.

      If you want to take a trip down memory lane, Deng Yaping was "told" to use DHS gear, but she preferred 729 to PF4, so 729 made her the same rubber using their "competitor"'s label machine.

      Or was it DHS took 729's rubber formula and stamped their name on it. One or the other...dotage is a b*tch!

      Welcome to the real world.
      Last edited by lasta; 6 Hours Ago at 01:06 AM.

    17. The Following 3 Users Like lasta's Post:

      bobpuls (11 Minutes Ago),lVegita (5 Hours Ago),phorkyas (32 Minutes Ago)

    18. Top | #33
      Ioiettino is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Europe
      Ioiettino's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade TSP SWAT
      Forehand Rubber (BH) TSP Regalis Blue
      Backhand Rubber (FH) Victas VJ>07 Stiff

      Join Date
      Dec 2016
      Location
      Lisbon
      Posts
      449
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 323 Times in 199 Posts
      The question is, why even bother with homologation and all that. I know the cynical answer (ITTF won't pay for itself, etc) but while people are mostly okay with turning a blind eye on customised sponge hardnesses and somewhat divided when it comes to boosting, this is yet another level. What is even the point in LARC numbering if you can stamp whatever you fancy on any given rubber?

    19. Top | #34
      lasta is online now
      says Wa?
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      408
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 224 Times in 145 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Ioiettino View Post
      The question is, why even bother with homologation and all that. I know the cynical answer (ITTF won't pay for itself, etc) but while people are mostly okay with turning a blind eye on customised sponge hardnesses and somewhat divided when it comes to boosting, this is yet another level. What is even the point in LARC numbering if you can stamp whatever you fancy on any given rubber?
      Because manufacturers need to make money. For sponsored players, they can guarantee the exact same hardness, weight, friction properties every time. Or to satisfy those who are sponsored but prefer other people's rubbers.

      But for off-the line rubbers, variations are huge (I have never bought 2 sheets of the exact same properties. When your kids dinner depends on your prize money, it matters, but for us, who cares?

    20. Top | #35
      Caxoera is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Brazil

      Equipment:
      Blade Cornilleau Gatien Absolum Off+
      Forehand Rubber Stiga DNA Pro H
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Pro

      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Location
      Sao Paulo
      Posts
      48
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
      Because manufacturers need to make money. For sponsored players, they can guarantee the exact same hardness, weight, friction properties every time. Or to satisfy those who are sponsored but prefer other people's rubbers.

      But for off-the line rubbers, variations are huge (I have never bought 2 sheets of the exact same properties. When your kids dinner depends on your prize money, it matters, but for us, who cares?
      Good point!

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP