Hugo Calderano's equipment revealed

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i like Hugo .. and the document s good one . Hugo show me cornilleau rubber which i find just perfect .. i also tried omega 7 as he plays now, but they are just bad rubbers .. Maybe this is why his smashes and loops are not so consistent anymore ... really feel bad for him to use this rubbers , only to be sponsored .
anyway ... i love his energy and person a lot ... he with Xu Xin are the most Favourite players ..
and btw in the document is nothing about the equipment ..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i like Hugo .. and the document s good one . Hugo show me cornilleau rubber which i find just perfect .. i also tried omega 7 as he plays now, but they are just bad rubbers .. Maybe this is why his smashes and loops are not so consistent anymore ... really feel bad for him to use this rubbers , only to be sponsored .
anyway ... i love his energy and person a lot ... he with Xu Xin are the most Favourite players ..

Pretty sure that his rubber is a custom version of Omega VII Hyper. It isn’t accurate to compare what you can buy from a store to what the pros actually use.

Pretty sure that his rubber is a custom version of Omega VII Hyper. It isn’t accurate to compare what you can buy from a store to what the pros actually use.

Not Hyper but the Pro 07 Pro version which has a different boosting.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
So pros get rubbers which are not even available on the market? Does every sponsored player get customisable rubbers?

This user has no status.
Pretty sure the original post was strictly about the joke "he uses a rubik's cube" :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Yes they do. They play amazingly on a different level

True for world class.

Below that, there are also run of the mill pro rubbers. Still better than what you can buy, but not individualised.

So if you are really a face of the brand, you should get your own. Or, if you´re Ovtcharov, you play tenergy. ;)

But there are so many other sponsored players, right down into the first, second and third leagues of countries, that individualizing rubbers for all of them is impossible.

True for world class.

Below that, there are also run of the mill pro rubbers. Still better than what you can buy, but not individualised.

So if you are really a face of the brand, you should get your own. Or, if you´re Ovtcharov, you play tenergy. ;)

But there are so many other sponsored players, right down into the first, second and third leagues of countries, that individualizing rubbers for all of them is impossible.

Yup, in fact each rubber is super expensive and they can only produce once per day being customized.

Reactions: ADurao
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Nice ... and then try to play like Hugo with this basic setup .... ;-)
Yup, in fact each rubber is super expensive and they can only produce once per day being customized.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Well, talent and work comes first. Basically, once you are among the chosen for a sponsor contract (and I don´t mean the local kids who get 50% off anything and then claim they´re sponsored, that is just a discount to bring clothes in circulation) you have already shown that you can actually play better than others with equipment available to anyone.

From that point on, you might get pro version rubbers.

And if that takes you to international merits you might at some point even get customized stuff.

The basic setup however, we shouldn´t forget, is way good enough for most needs. Friends of mine in or slightly out our national top 100 play with 100% equipment you and I can buy as well.

So unless you ARE Calderano or on the best way to become like him, you will simply not need his equipment. You can be a very excellent player with rubbers you can buy at your local shop.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i don`t care anymore it was some time ago . Now i stick with my highly customized blade (and trust my if i say highly customized...19-ten different version have been made to find the right one for me :cool: ) ... and highly customized rubbers ... and yes i have this all from sponsor ... which is me ;-)
I`m satisfied .. and now i just try new rubbers only to see what is new

Reactions: lasta
Ahmm it is not available in the market. I only got hold of those because i asked to try. I gave it to a 2100+ level player because i dont wanna get used to it and then will not be able to get more.

Are you sure about this? Just different boosting? This is a bit hard to believe because Pro 7 is really soft rubber for pros. It must have customized sponge as well, right?
They can customized the sponge. Have you tried a 60 degree Xiom rubber? I have.

Reactions: bobpuls