kv1UOdI.jpg

qV9TuGz.jpg

Ihr9rx2.jpg

zeCHtTo.jpg

x4j5Urd.jpg

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
As I've always said, the competition was so weak.

FhLDtfc.jpg

QZZAmdP.jpg

LZNmCWF.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
for those who missed it

https://pingsunday.com/ma-long-could-retire/

After being down 0-3 MA Long changed his tactics, playing slow spinny opening loops (like XX) which provoked many mistakes from HT. But in the 6th HT had already adapted (made one good block at 2-2). MA Long missed one penalty and an easy FH drive from a slow HT block (but change of pace) . 2 fatal mistakes that he would never have done when at his peak form

Kudos to Harimoto who manages to beat (a not in form) MA Long in front of his fans in Chengdu, something that Gauzy or Ovtcharov couldn't achieve.

Whether its LYJ or FZD in the final, it will be very difficult for HT but HT will be the outsider, and the pressure for the other guy, I believe the kid can win !!!

Reactions: zeio
Jan 2018
More or less how it unfolded in Japan Open 2018. Harimoto off to 3-nil start, then dropped next 2, and won the 6th.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
MA Long missed one penalty and an easy FH drive from a slow HT block (but change of pace) . 2 fatal mistakes that he would never have done when at his peak form

There were also a lot of backhands down the line from Harimoto to Ma Long's wide forehand, which he would have just leaped out and countered in style, not too long ago. Damn, age really is a thing. Painful. I would normally do anything but join the "please retire" crowd, and obviously he's still among the best - he has been so far ahead. I just hope we won't see too many of these matches, it hurts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
There were also a lot of backhands down the line from Harimoto to Ma Long's wide forehand, which he would have just leaped out and countered in style, not too long ago. Damn, age really is a thing. Painful. I would normally do anything but join the "please retire" crowd, and obviously he's still among the best - he has been so far ahead. I just hope we won't see too many of these matches, it hurts.

Age is definitely a bitch. 2-3 years ago these wide FH balls were cakewalk for ML. Will this loss make CNT to rethink the decision to include XX in olympics singles ?

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
given the current state of the CNT, XU Xin deserves the Singles spot together with FZD. The 3rd spot should be LGY LJK or WCQ.

MA Long deserves his spot for all his achievements but he is currently far from his peak. There is still some more time to recover for him, but how much more ?

Reactions: EmRatThich