Very Light Inverted Rubbers on Market (may update over time)

This user has no status.
Due to health issues I have been EJing for light rubbers over last 10 years, and I strongly believe I am not the only one here so I decided the make a brief list of what I found. Please note that price isn't a concern here, plus there might also be more light rubbers that I tested b4 but not listed here due to not up to par performance against better rubbers in this list or either they too old to be found/easily purchased.

I never bothered weighing rubbers one by one but I am certain all the rubbers I gonna list below should be at 43g cut or (way) below when cut on my Yasaka Reinforce HC.

Andro:
-Hexer+
-Rasant Beat (recently discontinued. Rasanter R37 is closest alternative but less spinny and quite a bit heavier

DHS:
-Skyline 2 Provincial Blue Sponge 39degree (what...)

Donic:
-Desto Formula Series (F1, F2, F3 etc)
-Coppa Series (latest generation Coppa have names like X1 Gold, X1, X2 etc)

Haifu
-Shark 3 (All hardness would do. Hard/Medium/Soft versions)

Palio
-CJ8000 (most variants)
-AK47 Red, Yellow & Blue (lacks spin, but super light being in sub-40g range so I included it here)

Stiga
-Calibra LT Soft

TSP:
-Agrit (not Agrit Speed)

Tibhar:
-Aurus Select (one of my top choices here, latest batches of Aurus Select/Prime also seem to be getting lighter)

Yasaka
-Rakza 7 Soft (this one barely got into this list, some pieces might weight 43+ depending on your lottery, and personally I would go for much spinnier Rakza X Soft instead which is just slightly heavier)

XIOM (I don't recommend these 2 although some others like it. You can get way more capable[spinnier, faster & better control] rubbers with just tiny bit more spendings)
-Vega Asia DF
-Vega Euro DF

Lastly, our dear expensive-as-hell Butterfly......
-Bryce Highspeed
-Tenergy 64 FX
-Tenergy 80 FX (my very top choice)
(If you don't mind a tad heavier than T80 FX, T05 FX is likely better choice)

If I found any new worthy light rubbers in future I might update this list so feel free to write down/suggest what you have found.

Last edited:
Reactions: JST and M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Really good thread for who want to find good rubber, may be main for BH l. In your opinion, what rubber of them is cheap but enough good for play?

This user has no status.
V42, Mantra S and even Mantra M should be lighter than Aurus Select
knowing many regular Aurus players we found that its weight seems to have reduced by ~3g months after its release.
I've just included V42 but Mantras average weight (for the pieces I weighed) were over 43g cut in general.

This user has no status.
Really good thread for who want to find good rubber, may be main for BH l. In your opinion, what rubber of them is cheap but enough good for play?

Palio's CJ8000 and Ak47. Kokutaku brand which yogi_bear suggested is also kind of good. You are looking at less than 20USD per piece (excluding shipping) for these 3 models.

Personally I would recommend CJ8000 Provincial version with blue-coloured sponge if you can find one as it offered very good spin and decent speed. Beginner-friendly control as well. As for Kokutaku 007 pro I'm still searching on websites just to get myself a piece for trying.

Last edited:
Reactions: M.Hoang
says thank you for your response.it was very helpful.i really...
says thank you for your response.it was very helpful.i really...
Mar 2018
Palio's CJ8000 and Ak47. Kokutaku brand which yogi_bear suggested is also kind of good. You are looking at less than 20USD per piece
(excluding shipping) for these 3 models.

Personally I would recommend CJ8000 Provincial version with blue-coloured sponge if you can find one as it offered very good spin and decent speed. Beginner-friendly control as well. As for Kokutaku 007 pro I'm still searching on websites just to get myself a piece for trying.
i am interested about CJ8000 Provincial.I have a question.I see that is given in two different hardness choices 42-44 and 45-47.Is this in european scale?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Personally, I tend to get my rubbers in 1.9-2.0mm so they are not too heavy (at or under 45g a sheet once cut).

Another tip is to weight your rubbers when still packed so you have an idea of what's inside since the packaging will roughly always weight the same. That way if you're at a physical store, you can weight rubbers in their packaging and buy a lower weight one. I guess you could also make that weight request to an online shop over the phone... I'm not that picky but you can be! ; )

This user has no status.
i am interested about CJ8000 Provincial.I have a question.I see that is given in two different hardness choices 42-44 and 45-47.Is this in european scale?
Yes
Xiom Vega Asia DF or Europe DF, Kokutaku 007 Pro 38 degrees, Stiga Calibra LT Soft.
yogi the 007 Pro apparently is hard to be found anywhere on the 'net :( Even amazon is saying out of stock at the moment.

This user has no status.
Personally, I tend to get my rubbers in 1.9-2.0mm so they are not too heavy (at or under 45g a sheet once cut).

Another tip is to weight your rubbers when still packed so you have an idea of what's inside since the packaging will roughly always weight the same. That way if you're at a physical store, you can weight rubbers in their packaging and buy a lower weight one. I guess you could also make that weight request to an online shop over the phone... I'm not that picky but you can be! ; )
Weighing rubbers together with package is what i usually do when buying rubbers myself, although i try my best to borrow setups used by other players rather than spending my own money.

As for thickness I do choose thinner sponges from time to time, although usually I just go straight for backhand rubbers that I know would be in the 40g range regardless of thickness. It's almost impossible to go 170g or less (my optimal weight range for match play) even with a 80g blade if I were not this picky;)

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Weighing rubbers together with package is what i usually do when buying rubbers myself, although i try my best to borrow setups used by other players rather than spending my own money.

As for thickness I do choose thinner sponges from time to time, although usually I just go straight for backhand rubbers that I know would be in the 40g range regardless of thickness. It's almost impossible to go 170g or less (my optimal weight range for match play) even with a 80g blade if I were not this picky;)

I have a 91g blade with 2 Tenergys in 1.9mm and edgetape at altogether 181g so I think closer to 170g is feasible with a blade under 85g and rubbers not as heavy as T05.

Yes

yogi the 007 Pro apparently is hard to be found anywhere on the 'net :( Even amazon is saying out of stock at the moment.

Its because it is the hottest rubber in thailand now. You can try to contact pingponghouse in facebook. He distributes it exclusively.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I found 2 versions of Haifu Shark 3 on aliexpress, one with ~$10 and one with more than $60. The latter is and I quote: "Now it is training rubber for China National Table Tennis Team." :rolleyes:
Which one do you have?
I had a rubber from Haifu, Whale I think but don't remember exactly, expensive, heavy and pretty much useless. I'm surprised they released lighter rubbers, actually I'm surprised they are still around.

Thanks for the thread, having shoulder pains after using heavy rubbers I'm compelled to test some rubbers listed here.

This user has no status.
I found 2 versions of Haifu Shark 3 on aliexpress, one with ~$10 and one with more than $60. The latter is and I quote: "Now it is training rubber for China National Table Tennis Team." :rolleyes:
Which one do you have?
I had a rubber from Haifu, Whale I think but don't remember exactly, expensive, heavy and pretty much useless. I'm surprised they released lighter rubbers, actually I'm surprised they are still around.

Thanks for the thread, having shoulder pains after using heavy rubbers I'm compelled to test some rubbers listed here.
Mine cost around 40USD so i would assume it to be the latter.
And yes Haifu Whale 2/3 is much heavier.