Adam Bobrow vs Lin Gaoyuan...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Out of our club, I am one of the top 2 or 3 players with an offense to get a ball by James on first attack... but discerning that ball beforehand and or choosing the right ball is tougher for players below his level.

James thrives on that... successfully.

You can get him impatient by just pushing back, but more than not, he will slip in a no spin ball then move in to pound you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Sure, if Adam played a more traditional TT style, and had trained for it instead of training for doing snakes and lobs, he'd be ranked 200 points higher, but then nobody would watch his videos

Yes, I think that could be the case. What I was saying, that in general, lobbing is not an optimal strategy

Yeah, and Matthias Falck would beat Ma Long had he learned a "proper" forehand. C'Mon. (-;

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

It has nothing about a "proper" or "unproper" forehand. It's about using forehand topspin or FH lob.

Do you guys think he went into this trying to win? Come on. He's having fun. It's his style. And I highly doubt the LGY saw it as disrespect because I'm pretty sure everyone on the tour knows he's known for lobbing and trying to snake. Enjoy the video for what it is.

That's a very very good point.

Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I would bet 2 bags of Cheezits that lobber james t would defeat Takku 11 to 5 or 11 to 6 on average... and would defeat Next Level 3 to 0 or 3 to 1 8 out of 10 times and 3 to 2 the other 2 times.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can take a match of James. I have to be healthy to do it but I can see myself doing it. When I played him at Cary Cup, I wasn't fit and I got a game. He would beat me most of the time but I have the game to beat him.

Reactions: Der_Echte

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
It would actually be disrespectful of AB to play this seriously like he thought he could get more than two points (one net and one edge maybe) off LGY in a serious game. Goofing around strikes me as more respectful of the totally unbridgeable 200 levels of difference between them.

Reactions: Richie