Andro Gauzy Sl off

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

Has anybody tried this blade? Does it have more control and feeling than inner carbon blades with Limba outer ply. Please let me know.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
https://youtu.be/B79wryZXf3o

It’s a funny video. Gauzy tells a beautiful story about how developed his blade with Andro but all he needed to say was: I like my old cornilleau absolum and Andro made a copy of it. To be very honest the blade is also made in Sweden so is the exactly same blade but with Andro handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
To be very honest the blade is also made in Sweden so is the exactly same blade but with Andro handle.

It would surely make sense to him if it was very similar. Still, veneer thicknesses and other details may have been optimized, so I wouldn´t call it exactly the same unless I knew for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
After a few weeks of practice I think this blade is the best combination of touch and power I have ever come across.
It is a bit slower and less direct than my previous Treiber CO but in direct comparison my trainer confirms more arc and spin with the Gauzy, using similar rubbers.
As this is always to some degree a matter of personal technique I can only recommend to try this blade if you are looking for something powerful that still lets you feel the ball.
In this respect, I much prefer it over any Rosewood I have ever tried, and - probably more informative due to similar top veneers - the Ebenholz variants that I have had (one Huaruite clone, one "real"). As for spin, my Gauzy/Rasanter combination beats the Korbel SK7/T05 of a player in our club. But like I said, when I play it. He might think differently.
Otherwise, my all wood experience is rather limited.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I tried the blade with R53 on both sides. I was using Dhs W968 before with R53 both sides before. Andro gauzy sl off feels better on the backhand specially when blocking and punching. On forehand it is less powerful, the throw is a little lower and the dwell time is a little less compared to Dhs w968. But overall, a very solid feeling blade with good control. Looking forward to using it more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I tried the blade with R53 on both sides. I was using Dhs W968 before with R53 both sides before. Andro gauzy sl off feels better on the backhand specially when blocking and punching. On forehand it is less powerful, the throw is a little lower and the dwell time is a little less compared to Dhs w968. But overall, a very solid feeling blade with good control. Looking forward to using it more.

could you compare W968 and SL OFF handles?

says Hi thanks for your reply. May I know what rubber are you...
After a few weeks of practice I think this blade is the best combination of touch and power I have ever come across.
It is a bit slower and less direct than my previous Treiber CO but in direct comparison my trainer confirms more arc and spin with the Gauzy, using similar rubbers.
As this is always to some degree a matter of personal technique I can only recommend to try this blade if you are looking for something powerful that still lets you feel the ball.
In this respect, I much prefer it over any Rosewood I have ever tried, and - probably more informative due to similar top veneers - the Ebenholz variants that I have had (one Huaruite clone, one "real"). As for spin, my Gauzy/Rasanter combination beats the Korbel SK7/T05 of a player in our club. But like I said, when I play it. He might think differently.
Otherwise, my all wood experience is rather limited.

Hi Airoc, could you share more about Gauzy SL OFF wood and what rubber did you use when testing this wood? How does it feel compare to Cornilleau Gatien Absolum if you or anyone have try both. If it is same then probably GA is more worth to get it as it seem lot cheaper than Gauzy SL off in some TT shop.