Back to Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84
  1. 729B2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 42 435
    7
    729B2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 435 42
    #61
    How does this compare to the Omega 7 china Guang?

  2. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,836
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,836 2,739
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by 729B2
    How does this compare to the Omega 7 china Guang?
    Oranges and apples. O7 China is a euro sticky rubber. GEAR is a grippy bouncy Chinese rubber.
    Last edited by yogi_bear; 11-26-2020 at 10:23 AM.

  3. Bilge Dogan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 39
    B
    Bilge Dogan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 39 11

    User Info Menu

    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    If you can brush properly, i think the 40 degree version is spinnier.
    40 deg version available ? Dealer has 37/38/39

  4. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,836
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,836 2,739
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilge Dogan
    40 deg version available ? Dealer has 37/38/39
    Its 39 sorry. I was thinking of another rubber. I keep mixing this up.

  5. zentt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 24 27
    Z
    zentt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 24

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2020
    Great Britain
    27
    24
    105
    Read 0 Reviews
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by BVGN
    Hi,
    I play the 39°-Version FH and BH on a Septear Feel Inner which should be not too far away from the Lead? It is a really good combination, too. For a test I have tried the Victas ZX Gear Fiber, which felt too slow - or better said boring with the Gear Hyper - very good control, but no pressure at all.
    I believe that the combination of the Gear Hyper with a blade which has a little (or more) catapult is a good idea.
    All the best
    Hi BVGN.....I'm Interested to know more about your experience with Nitt. Septear Feel Inner - curious to know about the "feel" of this blade, also speed rating (approx), spin generation etc. Wonder how it compares with Nitt. Acoustic or Acoustic Carbon Inner?. Not much info on it around. I also just started using Sanwei Gear Hyper 39 and think it a superb rubber imo. Cheers....

  6. clarkmu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 9
    C
    clarkmu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 9 1

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2020
    China
    9
    1
    94
    Read 0 Reviews
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilge Dogan
    40 deg version available ? Dealer has 37/38/39

    Nah, Only 37/38/39 available.

    Here is the official product description page:
    https://sanweisport.com/english/prod...ar/gear-hyper/

  7. BVGN is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 5
    B
    BVGN is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 5 1

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2020
    Germany
    5
    1
    76
    Read 0 Reviews
    #67

    Offtopic

    Quote Originally Posted by zentt
    Hi BVGN.....I'm Interested to know more about your experience with Nitt. Septear Feel Inner - curious to know about the "feel" of this blade, also speed rating (approx), spin generation etc. Wonder how it compares with Nitt. Acoustic or Acoustic Carbon Inner?. Not much info on it around. I also just started using Sanwei Gear Hyper 39 and think it a superb rubber imo. Cheers....
    Hi,

    I think this will be a little offtopic, sorry. Therefore I will try to write a short answer - just write a PN if you want to know more...
    Unfortunatly I cannot compare the Septear Feel Inner (SFI) with the blades you have mentioned. I have a comparison with the Victas ZX Fiber (-> my prev. posting) and recently with the Andro Treiber FI (good blade, but a bit harder and faster (ground speed) than the SFI). Compared to these two blades the SFI is really a good choice for me, it has somehow more gears - it feels more like being alive. The SFI has a soft touch (slow and short playing is easy), very good spin (feels like having a longer contact with the ball than compared with the Treiber FI) and control. Surprizingly the topspeed of the SFI (e.g. hard smashes) is almost as high as compared with the Treiber FI - but all in all I would say the speed is OFF-.
    The only disadvantage for me is the bit of catapult (it is a Hinoki-blade...): sometimes at passiv blocking or straight hitting when I am not in a good position or having a bad timing the ball flies over the table. This is the reason why once in a while I try out other blades. BUT, I always come back to the SFI because of this "alive"-like feeling BTW, I have tried the Septear Feel (outer), too. This is app. 10 % faster (OFF) and more direct than the SFI (like one would expect).

    Back to the topic: Out of my view the SFI and the Sanwei Gear Hyper is a very good combination. Perhaps it is important to mention that I am not a high ranked player (though, I was able to improve quite a bit during the last 4 years). For high level players the combination should be to a portion too slow?
    But, the advantages are: very good control and precision, slow on short play and pushes, still quite fast (fast enough for me) on drives and loops, fast and stable on smashing, crisp on active blocking.
    One more point: The Gear Hyper needs an active play.

    Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by BVGN; 11-28-2020 at 12:02 AM.

  8. mlax is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 60 129
    M
    mlax is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 129 60

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2015
    United States
    129
    60
    354
    Read 1 Reviews
    #68
    yogi, how does the 39 version compare to the Joola AGR and ACC?

  9. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,836
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,836 2,739
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by mlax
    yogi, how does the 39 version compare to the Joola AGR and ACC?
    The AGR and ACC are both faster by a good margin. Although the Gear Hyper is already fast, it is somewhat in the level of Acuda S2.

  10. mlax is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 60 129
    M
    mlax is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 129 60

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2015
    United States
    129
    60
    354
    Read 1 Reviews
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    The AGR and ACC are both faster by a good margin. Although the Gear Hyper is already fast, it is somewhat in the level of Acuda S2.
    Thanks, so it's fair to say the Gear Hyper is relatively slow by today's standards of "very fast" rubbers.

  11. BVGN is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 5
    B
    BVGN is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 5 1

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2020
    Germany
    5
    1
    76
    Read 0 Reviews
    #71
    Hi,
    has anyone tried out the Nittaku Sieger PK50 and is able to compare it with the Sanwei Gear Hyper?
    Thanks in advance
    Greetings

  12. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,836
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,836 2,739
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by mlax
    yogi, how does the 39 version compare to the Joola AGR and ACC?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlax
    Thanks, so it's fair to say the Gear Hyper is relatively slow by today's standards of "very fast" rubbers.
    More like average fast and not slow.

  13. Caddy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 19
    C
    Caddy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 2

    User Info Menu

    #73
    I am looking for a replacement rubber on backhand of my Darker 7p-2A.7t (7ply Hinoki). Due to the blade's characteristics (high throw + strong catapult) in combination with Rakza Z / 2.0 mm on my BH (high throw) blocks and flicks tend to fly off the table too often.

    Could the Gear Hyper be a good replacement since it seems to have a medium-low arc? What I really liked about Rakza Z is the strong grip due to its semi-tacky top sheet. From what I read the Gear Hyper has quite a grippy top-sheet and still offers good amount of speed.

    Ideally my new backhand rubber would be slightly slower and has a lower trajectory than Rakza Z, but still has the same linear playing characteristics. Could the Sanwei Gear be the solution?

    I am also still thinking whether I should get the 38 or 37 degree version. Rakza Z to me felt like 50 degree ESN scale hardness which I liked for BH...could be a tad softer maybe T05-like.
    Last edited by Caddy; 05-07-2021 at 10:48 PM.

  14. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,836
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,836 2,739
    #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy
    I am looking for a replacement rubber on backhand of my Darker 7p-2A.7t (7ply Hinoki). Due to the blade's characteristics (high throw + strong catapult) in combination with Rakza Z / 2.0 mm on my BH (high throw) blocks and flicks tend to fly off the table too often.

    Could the Gear Hyper be a good replacement since it seems to have a medium-low arc? What I really liked about Rakza Z is the strong grip due to its semi-tacky top sheet. From what I read the Gear Hyper has quite a grippy top-sheet and still offers good amount of speed.

    Ideally my new backhand rubber would be slightly slower and has a lower trajectory than Rakza Z, but still has the same linear playing characteristics. Could the Sanwei Gear be the solution?

    I am also still thinking whether I should get the 38 or 37 degree version. Rakza Z to me felt like 50 degree ESN scale hardness which I liked for BH...could be a tad softer maybe T05-like.
    The 38 degree version of Gear is what you would like but it is less spinny that Rakza Z.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  15. latej is offline
    says Hips 1st
     
    Advanced TTD Member 173 258
    L
    latej is offline
    says Hips 1st
     
    Advanced TTD Member 258 173

    User Info Menu

    #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy
    I am looking for a replacement rubber on backhand of my Darker 7p-2A.7t (7ply Hinoki). Due to the blade's characteristics (high throw + strong catapult) in combination with Rakza Z / 2.0 mm on my BH (high throw) blocks and flicks tend to fly off the table too often.

    Could the Gear Hyper be a good replacement since it seems to have a medium-low arc? What I really liked about Rakza Z is the strong grip due to its semi-tacky top sheet. From what I read the Gear Hyper has quite a grippy top-sheet and still offers good amount of speed.

    Ideally my new backhand rubber would be slightly slower and has a lower trajectory than Rakza Z, but still has the same linear playing characteristics. Could the Sanwei Gear be the solution?

    I am also still thinking whether I should get the 38 or 37 degree version. Rakza Z to me felt like 50 degree ESN scale hardness which I liked for BH...could be a tad softer maybe T05-like.
    I think H3Neo H37 is optimal, but I guess you already tried...

    You could try Rising Dragon, it's softer and a bit slower than RZ, also semi-tacky. I only had couple of hits with it, but that is how it felt. Has good spin, not sure it will solve the problem with blocks though.

  16. Caddy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 19
    C
    Caddy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 2

    User Info Menu

    #76
    Quote Originally Posted by latej
    I think H3Neo H37 is optimal, but I guess you already tried...

    You could try Rising Dragon, it's softer and a bit slower than RZ, also semi-tacky. I only had couple of hits with it, but that is how it felt. Has good spin, not sure it will solve the problem with blocks though.

    Haven’t tried H3neo 37 yet, but wouldn’t be the throw even higher than with a harder version of H3neo (using 40 degree OS in FH at the moment)


  17. latej is offline
    says Hips 1st
     
    Advanced TTD Member 173 258
    L
    latej is offline
    says Hips 1st
     
    Advanced TTD Member 258 173

    User Info Menu

    #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy

    Haven’t tried H3neo 37 yet, but wouldn’t be the throw even higher than with a harder version of H3neo (using 40 degree OS in FH at the moment)

    When I compare H3Neo H41 vs H37, I don't see much difference in throw angle. The H41 is a bit faster, harder obviously, so on BH with H37 is easier to grab the ball, more so on flicks. If the H40 suits you on FH on that blade, chance is, the H37 will on BH too.

    When I compare H3Neo H37 vs RZ, the H37 is slower, even more linear. Hardness is for me hard to compare due to different feeling of sponges. I learned I prefer the "non-porous" sponge, followed by micro-porous sponge like on Bluegrip C1/C2, followed by the sponge like on RZ (which I still quite liked, but on BH only).

  18. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,836
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,836 2,739
    #78
    Quote Originally Posted by latej
    When I compare H3Neo H41 vs H37, I don't see much difference in throw angle. The H41 is a bit faster, harder obviously, so on BH with H37 is easier to grab the ball, more so on flicks. If the H40 suits you on FH on that blade, chance is, the H37 will on BH too.

    When I compare H3Neo H37 vs RZ, the H37 is slower, even more linear. Hardness is for me hard to compare due to different feeling of sponges. I learned I prefer the "non-porous" sponge, followed by micro-porous sponge like on Bluegrip C1/C2, followed by the sponge like on RZ (which I still quite liked, but on BH only).

    For me the H3 37 has a more ridiculous arc than h3 41. This could be good and bad at the same time depending on the player.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  19. Caddy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 19
    C
    Caddy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 2

    User Info Menu

    #79
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    The 38 degree version of Gear is what you would like but it is less spinny that Rakza Z.

    Did you try boosting the Gear Hyper? I am still thinking whether to get the 38 degree version and boost it to get it a touch softer and a bit more lively or otherwise going for the 37 degree version (which is closer to T-05; 36 DHS butterfly scale) without boosting.

    Is there a significant difference in playing characteristic between 38 and 37 degree that you could observe?

    What would be the approximate cut weight for each on a 157x150mm blade head?

    Last edited by Caddy; 05-09-2021 at 06:01 PM.

  20. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,836
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,836 2,739
    #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy

    Did you try boosting the Gear Hyper? I am still thinking whether to get the 38 degree version and boost it to get it a touch softer and a bit more lively or otherwise going for the 37 degree version (which is closer to T-05; 36 DHS butterfly scale) without boosting.

    Is there a significant difference in playing characteristic between 38 and 37 degree that you could observe?

    What would be the approximate cut weight for each on a 157x150mm blade head?

    i only tried boosting it 1 layer when new and then 3 more layers after 30 days. It felt i was using a Tibhar Sinus rubber.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.