New Sanwei rubber - first look

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I think they will be releasing a harder sponge for the Gears Hyper. I did suggest to them that maybe they can release a softer version and it would be a great bh rubber if it is softer.

According to their new catalog https://www.sanweisport.com/english/?page_id=3617 (page 15) the Gear Hyper will be available with 36° and 38° sponges and it seems that the new Target National is also on the way ("2nd generation", 39.5°, Target Pro Blue and Target 90 are also listed).
Hopefully we can do some training here again when the rubbers are available.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Sanwei has started mass producing the Hyper since things are starting to go back to normal in their factory.

Nice to hear that things going back to normal.
Do you know which Target National that is in the new catalog? I thought that it was the new 62-021 but the description is the same in the old and new catalog ("2nd generation...") except for the sponge hardness (max vs 39.5).

Nice to hear that things going back to normal.
Do you know which Target National that is in the new catalog? I thought that it was the new 62-021 but the description is the same in the old and new catalog ("2nd generation...") except for the sponge hardness (max vs 39.5).
I may have to check it first.

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Thanks for the reviews guys, this intrigues me because it's not ESN, or Japanese, so something different I hope.

2 things:

TT bat guy said: Weight: (Uncut) 68.5g (Cut) 50.6g
Yogi said : It has a recorded uncut weight of 66 grams and 38 grams cut
So the uncut weight is about the same but how come the cut weight is more then 12 Grams difference? that's huge...

The hardness is 37 degrees , on what scale. What hardness would this 37 be on an ESN scale??

This user has no status.
Thanks for the reviews guys, this intrigues me because it's not ESN, or Japanese, so something different I hope.

2 things:

TT bat guy said: Weight: (Uncut) 68.5g (Cut) 50.6g
Yogi said : It has a recorded uncut weight of 66 grams and 38 grams cut
So the uncut weight is about the same but how come the cut weight is more then 12 Grams difference? that's huge...

The hardness is 37 degrees , on what scale. What hardness would this 37 be on an ESN scale??
Ah, like Yogi said, we probably have blade sizes. After checking further, I forgot to specify that the Balsa Carbo X5 measures 158 x 150, so is slightly larger than the blade Yogi used. I picked the largest possible head size I could get my hands on to limit the effect of any shrinkage (didn't observe any with this rubber) when transferring the rubber between blades for testing.