New Sanwei rubber - first look

I just spent a week using all the 3 levels of hardness for the Gear Hyper - 37, 38 & 39 degrees! I was a bit hesitant with the 39 degrees but it was the opposite of what I expected. The 39 degree version was still very spinny but a bit harder and lower arc than 37 or 38 degree versions of the rubber. It was very fast and probably at the level of Donic Acuda S1 or Tibhar FX-P. The spin is still very spinny. What I noticed now is that the topsheet is slightly more tacky than the previous ones I have used. Even if you have removed the plastic and cleaned the rubber several times already, it still can stick to the plastic. I think this is the best budget rubber that can replace a Euro rubber in the market right now if you do not have much money to spend. You already have an elastic and bouncy rubber plus a good amount of spin because of the slight tackiness. I would recommend the 38 degree version for most people who does not want to have a hard and super bouncy rubber while 37 is good for people who are looking for more control. 39 is for people who wants to go all out in power even at far distance away from the table. I think price range si 25 usd to 30 usd.

Here are additional pics:

P6svfhT.jpg

OY7dwvp.jpg

1fVDZox.jpg

tGRvxze.jpg

wtDV6fG.jpg

Reactions: Eunnel
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
INSIDER NEWS

Simple majority required.
for voting on 2020 ITTF Board of Directors.
PROPOSED BY EGYPTIAN TABLE TENNIS ASSOCIATION

[size=+1]■ The retail price of the equipment shall be publicly advertised, shall not
render the equipment de facto unavailable to the general public and shall not unreasonably exceed the market value for an equipment of similar standard.
■ The use of equipment specially designed for a particular athlete is prohibited.
"Specially designed" means a product with an enhanced performance when compared with other equipment of the same brand (trademark).

RATIONALE:
Many of Egyptian players can't afford rubbers over USA$ 35.
China athletes are usually supplied with boosted rubbers of "national" grade straight from factory stocks, which unavailable from general market. [/size]

/Be happy/

Last edited:
Also, the prices in aliexpress and Sanwei site is to discourage local distributors to sell on other countries especially if there is a present distributor in that area. This is a known problem right now not just for Sanwei but also other brands.

Reactions: The_TT_Bat_Guy
This user has no status.
I just spent a week using all the 3 levels of hardness for the Gear Hyper - 37, 38 & 39 degrees! I was a bit hesitant with the 39 degrees but it was the opposite of what I expected. The 39 degree version was still very spinny but a bit harder and lower arc than 37 or 38 degree versions of the rubber. It was very fast and probably at the level of Donic Acuda S1 or Tibhar FX-P. The spin is still very spinny. What I noticed now is that the topsheet is slightly more tacky than the previous ones I have used. Even if you have removed the plastic and cleaned the rubber several times already, it still can stick to the plastic. I think this is the best budget rubber that can replace a Euro rubber in the market right now if you do not have much money to spend. You already have an elastic and bouncy rubber plus a good amount of spin because of the slight tackiness. I would recommend the 38 degree version for most people who does not want to have a hard and super bouncy rubber while 37 is good for people who are looking for more control. 39 is for people who wants to go all out in power even at far distance away from the table. I think price range si 25 usd to 30 usd.

Here are additional pics:

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php
Interesting! I loved the 38 degree version. What made you a bit hesistant about trying the 39 degree version out?

This user has no status.
Tt bat, i thought 39 was too hard and the spin would be less but I was very wrong.
Finally ordered a sheet for myself and my friend. 38 for me, 39 for him. We have the exact same blade so I'll look to test out the 39 too once we can start playing.

He still has the 38 I gave him after I finished my review :D

Last edited:
Finally ordered a sheet for myself and my friend. 38 for me, 39 for him. We have the exact same blade so I'll look to test out the 39 too once we can start playing.

He still has the 38 I gave him after I finished my review :D

I think the Gear Hyper is the best Euro like non-ESN rubber. I have tried almost all Chinese rubbers that have a euro characteristic but nothing comes close to Gear Hyper. I can confidently say it can be as good as the Acuda series but with more durability and spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
How this new rubber compare to STN or Xiom Omega V Asia?
  • elasticity of the top sheet
  • bounciness
  • throw angle

Thanks

This user has no status.
How this new rubber compare to STN or Xiom Omega V Asia?
  • elasticity of the top sheet
  • bounciness
  • throw angle

Thanks
Compared to STN it's more elastic, bouncier without being too bouncy, and has a higher throw angle (for the medium one anyway as that's the one I reviewed. I'm sure the soft version will have a higher throw angle than the medium one)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Compared to STN it's more elastic, bouncier without being too bouncy, and has a higher throw angle (for the medium one anyway as that's the one I reviewed. I'm sure the soft version will have a higher throw angle than the medium one)

Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
I have tried Gear Hyper 38 on both sides of the Septear Lead and it is a really excellent combination.
Superb rubber and blade, both getting increasingly good reviews....
Should you want a bit more speed in the future you can go up to 39 degs Gear Hyper - (see reviews earlier in thread). Good Luck....

Reactions: The_TT_Bat_Guy
I have tried Gear Hyper 38 on both sides of the Septear Lead and it is a really excellent combination.
Should you want a bit more speed in the future you can go up to 39 degs Gear Hyper - (see reviews earlier in thread). Good Luck....
If you can brush properly, i think the 40 degree version is spinnier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hi,
I play the 39°-Version FH and BH on a Septear Feel Inner which should be not too far away from the Lead? It is a really good combination, too. For a test I have tried the Victas ZX Gear Fiber, which felt too slow - or better said boring with the Gear Hyper - very good control, but no pressure at all.
I believe that the combination of the Gear Hyper with a blade which has a little (or more) catapult is a good idea.
All the best