Blade for Mantra H and M

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hello I would like to buy a new blade for Mantra H and M. I have not found a blade that would suit my needs. The blade should be fast off-/off and have a bit of flex. I dont know if it is important but my old racket is Ovtcharov senso V2 with andro hexer HD on both sides. I play close to the table with a lot of spin or I counter topspin. I have seacher for a few blades and i found the Stiga infinity VPS. Do you have suggestions for a blade.
Thank you

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Go with any of the below blades:

1. Innerforce Layer ZLC/Apolonia ZLC
2. Innerforce Layer ALC/Harimoto ALC
3. Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon
4. DHS Hurricane King 3
5. Nittaku Basalt Inner

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Put the new rubber on your old blade.

I destroyed my old blade (topspin close to the table... a bit too close) and after trying other blades I like fast blades because they give me a bit more power and safty when I do short strokes close to the table.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A Butterfly Petr Korbel would pair really nice with Mantra. Fairly cheap. One of the best all wood blades ever designed.

I would agree with this.

To me it is interesting how OP said Off- to Off speed and I think this may be the only suggestion in that speed category. :)

Reactions: thomas.pong
Below is copied from a recent post I made on another thread. The takeaway is instead of a stiff carbon blade, pairing the hard, stiff Mantra H with a relatively soft, flexible all wood blade may be a better combination. For me and my doubles partner, we found the PP Moby blade (single ply kiso hinoki) to be a superior combination for hard rubbers.

"My doubles partner was playing with this exact setup: Carbonado 190 with Mantra H max on both sides. It is a stiff racket and the ball tends to come across very fast, but with a flat trajectory. The stiff blade combined with stiff rubbers makes the racket bouncy and the control game difficult.

He recently switched to a PP Moby (Pro Pro brand made in Taiwan http://ww3.ping-pong.tw/product_info...oducts_id=5398, ~ US$128) single ply 9.2 mm thick Kiso Hinoki blade, still using Mantra H on both sides. It is amazing how the same FH or BH drives would come across now with a nice arc, fast topspin, AND even faster speed. So it is totally the effect of the blade. Moreover, he said that with the softer, more flexible blade he can "feel" the ball much better now. His control (short game, over the table pushes, chops, blocks, etc.) is also much improved.

Our analysis (guess) is that the stiff rubber paired with a softer, more flexible blade is just the right combination for a racket.

So my suggestion is instead of switching to another carbon fiber blade, try an all wood blade like the PP Moby. You just may be pleasantly surprised. By the way, there is a glowing review on Revspin.net on this blade. https://revspin.net/blade/pp-moby-kiso-hinoki.html: