Looking for a 7ply blade

mky

This user has no status.

mky

This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I injured my index finger recently and want to switch from cpen(Yasaka MEO) to shakehand.

Background information: been using the same rubbers for 3 years(skyline 3 neo, 2008xp), my techniques are okay, have weekly coaching.

I am looking at: butterfly korbel, Xiom Solo, TSP Swat and Tibhar Samsonov Blue. I know korbel is 5ply, but since it is a well-known blade, I can buy it off a club member cheaply. I have also looked at the famous Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon but I can't find it in UK. Which one has better control?

I injured my index finger recently and want to switch from cpen(Yasaka MEO) to shakehand.

Background information: been using the same rubbers for 3 years(skyline 3 neo, 2008xp), my techniques are okay, have weekly coaching.

I am looking at: butterfly korbel, Xiom Solo, TSP Swat and Tibhar Samsonov Blue. I know korbel is 5ply, but since it is a well-known blade, I can buy it off a club member cheaply. I have also looked at the famous Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon but I can't find it in UK. Which one has better control?

I HAVE the TSP SWAT POWER and it’s GREAT! It’s faster, slightly thicker than the original SWAT and slightly thinner than Clipper wood, has a crisper feel than clipper wood due to harder outer ply with equal speed IMO. I’m guessing the standard TSP SWAT has lots more control but don’t have one. TSP SWAT also cheaper than SWAT POWER. Bty Korbel I’ve read nothing but good reviews about it. I’ve never tried it though. Also IIRC there are two versions of the korbel with the Japan made version more sought after.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I recommend japan (tsp, nitaku, butter...) and stiga blade. Chinese blades with cheaper price have not the same quality, and the durability is not good. Another brand has good review is xiom, but i only play with stravivadius, so can't recommend any wood xiom blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I recommend japan (tsp, nitaku, butter...) and stiga blade. Chinese blades with cheaper price have not the same quality, and the durability is not good. Another brand has good review is xiom, but i only play with stravivadius, so can't recommend any wood xiom blades

Yinhe M4 is a good cheap alternative for the Korbel. Before anyone lambasts "clone blades", know that every brand makes Limba-Limba-Ayous types.

Yinhe build quality is high, not quite Butterfly level but miles ahead of TSP and Stiga.

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Yinhe M4 is a good cheap alternative for the Korbel. Before anyone lambasts "clone blades", know that every brand makes Limba-Limba-Ayous types.

Yinhe build quality is high, not quite Butterfly level but miles ahead of TSP and Stiga.
I have played with many yinhe blades... i only dont like the feeling of them. Seem like they all were made to be harder then the real. Iam playing with yinhe 437 and 537 - all they are very hard, before i used yinhe v14 pro limited, m102, y13, n10, n9, m10..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
One 7ply china blade that has very good feeling is sanwei fextra. But i had sold because at that time i feel it lack a little speed, and now play with yinhe 437 and 537, i miss it's feeling :((

This user has no status.
I have a japanese Korbel (5 ply), Cornilleau Conquest Off(9 ply) and a Cornilleau Absolum (7 ply). The absolum is my prefered, fast but not so fast like carbon, good control and very well made in Sweden. And I bought mine for a very good price on my last visite to the UK! https://www.sports4fun.co.uk/products/150-gatien-absolum-off.html
The new Andro Gauzy SL Off is exactly the same blade but with Andro’s handle and cost two times that.

The korbel is not so fast but has lot of control and the Conquest is probably between those two but is 9 ply wood blade and if you hit the edges on the table, it can be a very sad day at the club.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
One 7ply china blade that has very good feeling is sanwei fextra. But i had sold because at that time i feel it lack a little speed, and now play with yinhe 437 and 537, i miss it's feeling :((
m.hoang, i played yinhe 437 before it is fast and good blade, im interested in that 537 walnut ply, is it thinner than 437? which is better betweenn the two?

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
the same thickness, a little bit hard feeling and higher speed for 537 because of the different surface. i think 437 is forgiving :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
[FONT=&quot]I am Recreational Shakehand TT player, and playing from last 1 Year almost daily for 2 Hours, i.e. 14 hrs a week.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am using GKI Euro Fasto( Beginner Ready made Racket)-Bit Heavy and i am used to it now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My playing style is Fast FH Loop as well and controlled BH loops, Chops, Push in short offensive style and always like to play fast near the table with 1st ball attack and 3rd ball attack.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As just recreational player not joined any club for Training from Coach but playing with state level players in our society.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After 1 year of continuous my beginner GKI racket seems not responding well and need to apply lot of Power for FH or BH shot so as not to get return after 3-4 shots rally.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am came across reddit and found lot of useful INFO about TT equipment's.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Still i am not confident to make Custom bat if something will go wrong. hence i ordered PALIO Official 3 Star Finished Racket from Aliexpress initially to try PALIO product.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Its description is Tempting and attractive and suits my style, with such low price 5wood + 2 Carbon and Both side AK47 rubber combination with weight almost 175gms made me to order this one.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please help me about its experience if anyone already using it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Next racket i will go for custom made, in case as per my style please guide me for better options.

As per my style which custom setup(Blade??+Rubber??) i should go for in future?. I should use same blade and rubber should change or full setup change recommended?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks In Advance.

2days After Use of Palio 3 Start Bat
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2 days before i received and started using(5hrs of use) this Premade racket, instead of AK 47 rubbers it came with CJ8000 rubbers on both side. It is light weight and Both sponge and rubber thickness seems very less which is i am not used to it. Handle also fits loose in Hand for which need to add some rubber grip.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pro's -Fast on forehand and grip is very good with ball.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Con's-facing problem in chop and push with BH rubber, chop is bouncing little high because of which Opponent can easily smash it which after difficult to return and also BH smashs are bouncing out of table most of the time. Making lot of tik tik sound. as per price it is Best :)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can anyone guide for High thickness blade and High thickness Sponge and rubber for Offensive play style so that whole setup will be Heavy which suits me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks in Advance. :)[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
If you're looking for control go for a ALL+/OFF- 5 plies blade. I haven't tried Korbel, I'm not a Btfly fan.
Is always good to start slow and increase the speed when the number of unforced errors drops significantly.

If you want 7 plies you can try OSP Martin. I'm using an OSP Musko ( Martin's predecessor ), they stop producing it, but is better than the other 7 plies I've tried. Also, they a have OSP Virtuoso which is a very good 5 plies blade. The feeling of the OSP blades are just better than most of the blades I have or played with.

If you know exactly what you want you should order a custom blade and custom handle with better grip. There are a few shops where you can order custom blades and probably are better than most blades mass produced.

BTW, the 7 plies blades are usually heavier than 5 plies, usually around 90gr and if you're using heavy rubbers (most new ESN rubbers) you might end up with a 200 gr setup and might injure your shoulder.

Last edited:

mky

This user has no status.

mky

This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Thanks for all the replies. I bought a Xiom offensive S when it was on sale and have been using that for the last few weeks. The blade feels good, good spin and speed, but the only thing that I don't like is the handle. It doesn't feel quite right in my hand. I will keep using this for a while and see if I can find a Korbel to try at the club, if not maybe I'll get a OSP V+ down the line.