Does repeated glueing ruin the sponge?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have recently bought a sheet of Nittaku Hurricane 3 Blue Pro Turbo, it is only 5 weeks ols, but it seems to have lost its speed already, I have glued it about ten times as I have been trying it on different blades.

Would this ruin the sponge, I have only being putting glue on the blade not the sponge apart from the first glueing?

says I buy too much equipment
says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
Are you keeping the old glue layer on the sponge since you say you only put glue on the blade? If so you have about 10 layers of glue on the sponge, I would imagine that can have a negative effect. But in any case I don't like to reglue too often, mainly due to shrinkage of the rubber. It wouldn't surprise me if some rubbers lose their properties if they are glued too often.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
5 weeks sounds about right for "factory tuning". Boost some more. Or better yet, try speed glue.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
i am not messing about with boosting, i think i might just use tenergy, i cant be messing about with a new sheet every 5 weeks not at 45 euros a sheet.

maybe having two blades would help, then see if i can get 2 months out of a sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Considering gas, parking, club fees, energy bars, after match drinks, your EJ spending habits, and wife appeasement dinners, 45 Euros a month should be the least of your worries ;).

This user has no status.
I think gluing multiple times will definitely impact the characteristics of the sponge. I used to try to peel off the glue layer before regluing but I found it next to impossible to do so on euro/jap sponges without tearing up the sponge. I started just applying glue on the previous layer and after 3-4 times the glue layer becomes noticeably thick. I'd imagine a thick layer of glue could reduce the impact of your blade on the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I have recently bought a sheet of Nittaku Hurricane 3 Blue Pro Turbo, it is only 5 weeks ols, but it seems to have lost its speed already, I have glued it about ten times as I have been trying it on different blades.

Would this ruin the sponge, I have only being putting glue on the blade not the sponge apart from the first glueing?

Oh, mate ...

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Reactions: bobpuls and MOG