Table tennis robots. Share your expierience

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I have this. Works great with the plastic balls (some older robots not so much)
https://amzn.to/2PsJqbZ

Sub $200. Has 2 wheels so it can shoot you no-spin. An inexpensive trainer that'll get the job done. You're welcome.

Personally I wouldn't recommend putting too much $$$ into a robot. They're good for getting reps in but will never equal actual play with a good training partner or coach.
Yeah, I saw the one from CHAOFAN here on the list when was surfing review sites. They look the same. The budget is $250, so the half of the options can pass by
Otherwise, Baal knows what's best.

A robot can't feed you balls and say: Squat lower! Don't forget the backswing! Follow through! Wait for the peak! Looooower! at the same time.
We have a coach for that) He still will be there)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I initially had the Robopong 300, which was only able to give single balls of the same spin and speed at the same location. The spin amount increases in direct proportion with the speed of the ball. At that time it was enough for me, because I didn't know other options.

Now that I am working and have my own income, I recently bought the Amicus prime. It really surprised me with what it can do. The ability to make personalized drills was the main thing that attracted me.

Of course the price difference between the 2 robots is drastic. So it all comes down to what you want the robot to do, and what you can afford (or what you can sacrifice to make the purchase).

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I bought a Newgy 2055 and a table during 1st lockdown, because I wanted to be able to a least hit some balls.
Single spin only. But programmable so you can do different footwork and stroke routines.
1 part broke after 2 months, a spring. Took 3 weeks to get a new one.
Overall I'm happy with the purchase, the broken part happened because of a bad ball jam, which was most likely my fault for not checking the ball condition enough and not cleaning the balls and robot head block / roller enough.
As someone said earlier DUST IS A REAL PIG WITH ROBOTS.

Because of the current COVID-19 situation, if you can't play with other people, can afford a table and robot, have the space etc, then I'd say get one, at least you can play !!!
Definately video yourself regularly and if possible send to your coach so they can analyse what you are doing right and wrong.

So, have I improved??
If you target what parts of your game you struggle with, flick return v short backspin serve, or top spin v backspin opener etc then I think you'll improve those aspects of your game.
Also if you do get a robot get one that is programmable or has set routines that can be used.
USE THE ROUTINES rather than the static repetitive repetitive format (unless used as a warm up). A Random function is also good as the robot can fire balls across the width of the table randomly, v good for footwork, and minor adjustment.

The biggest area I have improved in is serving !!!!
So if you can't afford both a table and robot GET THE TABLE!!!! (And decent catch net, 2 sides and end of table)
A lot of training sessions are geared to stroke practice. Serving is not forgotten but not at the forefront of training sessions.
Really where possible a routine should start with a proper match standard serve rather than just knocking the ball over.
I have been able to watch video clips of 'how to serve' reverse pendulum etc and then put that into practice, learning these serves IS NOT THAT EASY, and needs ALOT of practice, more time than a training session with other people generally allows.
Having your own table allows you to serve practice, 30mins a day adds up to a lot over a week(3 1/2hrs).