Donic defplay senso V3 FH rubber question

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I'm using DHS Hurricane III (not NEO) National 39º OS tuned with Falco long booster the blade is a Donic defplay senso V3, I like the rubber because my FH is sidespin & spin oriented and I like the control in the pasive play and spin doing service. My question is I feel I can't profit full potential because time ago used the same rubber with OFF blades and the arc was very very low & the spin was very very fast, really I like the rubber but I want to try other alternatives to maximize mine FH spin, I don't like the catapult feel rubbers like Tenergys: only one I like is 05 but it's too expensive, looking for cheapest alternatives used before the Nittaku Fastarc G1 also tuned with Falco long booster but can't get the spin & the control of DHS Hurricane III, last experience was Nittaku Hurricane III por turbo BS 50º isn't good because the rubber weights a ton and can't manage well the LP BH defensive side.

Can I need a more harder DHS Hurricane III (not NEO) National? Or is better to try othe rubbers?

TIA

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi Merlin el mago,

I assume that you play defensive style, so do I. I don’t know if you cut both wings, with pimples and with your Hurricane III. I suggest that if you like very much the rubber you are playing with stay with it. Instead of that, why don’t you change the blade?
A friend of mine plays with the same model of blade you do, DONIC Defplay senso V3. I gave it a try and I found it slow, it has a good control and good speed, perfect for the celluloid ball. With the introduction of the plastic ball many things have changed. I used to play with the Butterfly Joo Sea
Hyuk FL, which is now discontinued, and with Tenergy 05. My current set up is: Diode V FL, Dignics 05 2.1, Curl P-1 1.4-1.7.
At the end it’s a question of personal preference, feeling, etc. my friend likes a lot his set up, Defplay V3 with Thibar Evolution 2.1 EL-P.
His chops are ok, but IMHO I find them slow. The opponent has enough time to adjust, read spin on the ball and prepare for the next stroke.
Personally I don’t like that, I prefer fast chops on both wings. Then is the technic.

Cheers !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Thanks for answer. I use my LP in the BH to block and push rarely or occasionally to chop because I play close to the table for my style play it's ok for BH but with my FH only do stop or side spin rarely chop. I tried a lot of comby blades (one side low to defend & one side fast to attack) but all very fast for the BH. Can be I need other kind of OX LP because now I use low friction pips L.S.D. and it's not the more suitable to block close to the table. As you can see I'm really lost.

Greetings!

This user has no status.
Thanks for answer. I use my LP in the BH to block and push rarely or occasionally to chop because I play close to the table for my style play it's ok for BH but with my FH only do stop or side spin rarely chop. I tried a lot of comby blades (one side low to defend & one side fast to attack) but all very fast for the BH. Can be I need other kind of OX LP because now I use low friction pips L.S.D. and it's not the more suitable to block close to the table. As you can see I'm really lost.

Greetings!
Merlin el mago,

Without a coach we are all lost but not alone.

Here are some ideas.
Have you ever watched a match of Manika Batra? Here a set of her. Nice angle to watch.
She mostly blocks, pushes, and smashes with the LP. That might give you an idea of some shots you can adapt to your game.

https://youtu.be/MLwEUpj9stM

Long pimples close to the table

I also add some links with a Korean coach that explains how to play with LP. Very interesting.

https://youtu.be/9CVTOFKU9gY

https://youtu.be/E2KwDgtkVmU

https://youtu.be/VhoTP-I-7yc

Cheers !

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
No, my style is blocking close to the table and when I can't I chop middle or long distance of the table. I used Stiga allrounf but the BH with LP is still fast for my skills but Donic senso is very slow to attack for FH with the H3. I don't know if I have to change the LP I use L.S.D. for Thiber Grass-Dtecs or Donic Piranja or I have to change the blade? I used a lot of combi blades but always the slow BH side of the blade is very fast.

Can be L.S.D. don't have good brake to slow the high power topspins?

Do you know if Thibar Grass-Dtecs or Donic Piranja have a good brake?

TIA & MerryXmas
Felipe

Last edited: