This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I have to admit I was conflicted in this match. On the one hand, if XX loses, that's pretty much the death knell of his chance for Olympic Singles, and Tokyo will most likely be his last chance at Olympic Singles. On the other hand, Harimoto deserved to win this match. There will always be that nagging asterisk regarding the medical timeout. Was it legitimate .... was it a stall tactic? Something I hate to see either way as it will disrupt the flow of the other player.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
I have to admit I was conflicted in this match. On the one hand, if XX loses, that's pretty much the death knell of his chance for Olympic Singles, and Tokyo will most likely be his last chance at Olympic Singles. On the other hand, Harimoto deserved to win this match. There will always be that nagging asterisk regarding the medical timeout. Was it legitimate .... was it a stall tactic? Something I hate to see either way as it will disrupt the flow of the other player.

The medical timeout was not a tactic, as it happened between games and not in the middle of the game.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
If Harimoto made that FH at 9:6 in G6, it could've gone his way, whether XX or QZJ would use the medical TO or not.

Ito: He was this close!
ekoKFRo.png

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
A margin of three points out of 143, .4 points per set, is a wash. Changing one ball almost anywhere could change the result of the match. For comparison Ito beat CIC by 9 points on 123 total, and CM beat QTY by 7 of 145 points. All close matches but a big difference in degree.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
If this is not enough to get ticket for singles for XX then I do not know what else he can do

Maybe should he ask ITTF to do a remake of the 2019 WTTC so he could have another chance against Gauzy and try to beat Ma Long in the finals (if he ever makes it) ;)

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Harimoto is still crying now... poor kid :(
cache.php

For now the best photo of hariomto.. Please send it in bigger format so I can print it and have a good moments when I look onto it. And soo quiet....

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I don't get it.... Why Harimoto deserve anything..... With his screaming to oponent face he deserve only a big slap thru his face from his father...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Curious why you think XX has any hope for Olympics singles...

Reactions: slym

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
For now the best photo of hariomto.. Please send it in bigger format so I can print it and have a good moments when I look onto it. And soo quiet....

Reveling in a kid being heartbroken after a tough loss. You are a grade-A asshole and deserve a big slap across the face from somebody your damn self.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
"And also he is my favorite"

Who cares who your favourite is, do you decide who to send to the olympics? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
If the umpire and his opponent don’t have a problem with his Cho-Le, then he is legal. What’s the point to ignore his effort and said he doesn’t deserve anything?

I don't get it.... Why Harimoto deserve anything..... With his screaming to oponent face he deserve only a big slap thru his face from his father...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Curious why you think XX has any hope for Olympics singles...
He's had great results all year long against foreign competition including arguably the two strongest in Harimoto and LYJ except, of course, for his WTTC performance. I also don't think there's anything left for Ma Long to prove. IMHO, he's the greatest of all time whether or not he wins Tokyo gold. But looking at current conditions, he skipped T2 to recover but even then was beaten by both HT and LYJ at the Men's World Cup. If we're going to dock XX for his loss to Gauzy at the WTTC, shouldn't we also do the same for ML at the World Cup? Hard for me to even say that because I'm a fan of both (and FZD), but this is XX's only shot at Olympic singles gold.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Imho, I think XX had something nagging him in the hand, I can't remember if I've ever seen him with that handband/ support. Unless if we'll try to suggest that wearing the armband was part of the plan which just sounds ridiculous, Also if people think they'll have tried to plan it, why at the Grand Finals, Pulling such a plan on Ma Long would have been legit believed by everyone given that he just recovered, and more so the World Cup is a very prestigious tournament,
Also the wristspecially around the top of the radial bone kinda looked a little pink to me, probably due to inflammation, And for someone that's been playing a lot I wasn't surprised.
I think the timeout actually decelerated XX's momentum as he'd won that very crucial 6th set going into the 7th, Harimoto kept himself warm and ready, and quickly went into a 5-1 lead, how's that for stopping one's momentum.
And also had the timeout been on Harimoto's side, like sometime ago when he took one to use the toilet, Nobody will suspect anything

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
He's had great results all year long against foreign competition including arguably the two strongest in Harimoto and LYJ except, of course, for his WTTC performance. I also don't think there's anything left for Ma Long to prove. IMHO, he's the greatest of all time whether or not he wins Tokyo gold. But looking at current conditions, he skipped T2 to recover but even then was beaten by both HT and LYJ at the Men's World Cup. If we're going to dock XX for his loss to Gauzy at the WTTC, shouldn't we also do the same for ML at the World Cup? Hard for me to even say that because I'm a fan of both (and FZD), but this is XX's only shot at Olympic singles gold.
Sometimes, I read things like what you wrote and wonder if people understand what Ma Long means to Chinese table tennis.

Unless either Ma Long or Fan Zhendong get seriously incapacitated, Xu Xin is not playing singles.

I don't know why you think the World Cup is a major - it barely is in the CNT perception. The WTTC is the biggest tournament and Xu Xin was the only Chinese player to lose to a foreigner in the whole event. In a draw where he was the clear favorite.

The thing is that Ma Long, just like Zhang Jike, has a chance at history. They will not take it away from him without a good reason. Its really.not up.for discussion but I guess we can wait for the decision so that we can close this conversation.

Reactions: yoass and zeio