Floor: TINSUE TLO 500R Red

ITTF STAR AWARDS: Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 18:00 local

Qualified players in Singles:
MenWomen
1) XU Xin (CHN)1) SUN Yingsha (CHN)
2) FAN Zhendong (CHN)2) ITO Mima (JPN)
3) LIN Gaoyuan (CHN)3) CHEN Meng (CHN)
4) MA Long (CHN)4) WANG Manyu (CHN)
5) HARIMOTO Tomokazu (JPN)5) CHEN Xingtong (CHN)
6) LIN Yun-Ju (TPE)6) LIU Shiwen (CHN)
- WANG Chuqin (CHN) *suspended7) DING Ning (CHN)
7) LIANG Jingkun (CHN)8) WANG Yidi (CHN)
8) CALDERANO Hugo (BRA)9) ZHU Yuling (CHN)
9) BOLL Timo (GER)10) HIRANO Miu (JPN)
10) OVTCHAROV Dimitrij (GER)11) ISHIKAWA Kasumi (JPN)
11) FRANZISKA Patrick (GER)12) FENG Tianwei (SGP)
12) ZHAO Zihao (CHN)13) HE Zhuojia (CHN)
13) FALCK Mattias (SWE)14) CHENG I-Ching (TPE)
14) JEOUNG Youngsik (KOR)15) SATO Hitomi (JPN)
15) MIZUTANI Jun (JPN)16) QIAN Tianyi (CHN)
16) WONG Chun Ting (HKG)

Qualified pairs in Doubles (scroll right for mixed doubles)
MenWomenMixed
1) JEOUNG Youngsik / LEE Sangsu (KOR)1) KIHARA Miyuu / NAGASAKI Miyu (JPN)1) WONG Chun Ting / DOO Hoi Kem (HKG)
2) FAN Zhendong / XU Xin (CHN)2) JEON Jihee / YANG Haeun (KOR)2) LIN Yun-Ju / CHENG I-Ching (TPE)
3) LIANG Jingkun / LIN Gaoyuan (CHN)3) SUN Yingsha / WANG Manyu (CHN)3) XU Xin / LIU Shiwen (CHN)
4) BOLL Timo / FRANZISKA Patrick (GER)4) CHEN Szu-Yu / CHENG Hsien-Tzu (TPE)4) MIZUTANI Jun / ITO Mima (JPN)
5) HO Kwan Kit / WONG Chun Ting (HKG)5) HIRANO Miu / SHIBATA Saki (JPN)5) CHO Daeseong / SHIN Yubin (KOR)
6) DUDA Benedikt / QIU Dang (GER)6) BALAZOVA Barbora / MATELOVA Hana (SVK/CZE)6) PISTEJ Lubomir / BALAZOVA Barbora (SVK)
7) LIAO Cheng-Ting / LIN Yun-Ju (TPE)7) DOO Hoi Kem / LEE Ho Ching (HKG)7) FLORE Tristan / GASNIER Laura (FRA)
8) CHEN Chien-An / CHUANG Chih-Yuan (TPE)8) NG Wing Nam / SOO Wai Yam Minnie (HKG)8) SZUDI Adam / PERGEL Szandra (HUN)

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Seeds 1-4 will face seeds 13-16 right? And seeds 5-8 against seeds 9-12.

Seems like there is a 85% chance that Mizutani will be sent home after Day 1 – he probably stands no chance against the currently on-form XX and FZD, but might cause an upset against the mediocre LGY and form-finding ML. Hope Jeong can take out either of the latter though just to create suspense. The German trio and ZZH will probably be praying that they get Calderano (oops!) instead of the other three (Harimoto, Lin, Liang).

The only one who can threaten Ito is HZJ (100% winning record thus far). Otherwise, the Japanese ace is through to the QF. ZYL would be the worst draw for CXT, LSW, DN and WYD but these quartet also explains why Ishikawa was so happy she won NA Open because the chances of getting past either of them are so slim.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
in the first round she might be facing a "weaker" opponent

Ito, most likely, in the first round will play with someone from Nr. 13-16 of the current list .....
And, as Janard correctly writes, XE is the most dangerous of them ....

The 11th will be published seeding ....:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Even with a busy schedule, this tournament never disappoints. The finals the past few years have been amazing to watch, even if the final scores don't indicate it. That 2017 final of Dima and FZD was amazing. The DHS Top 10 that year was one of the best I've seen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Feng Tianwei just pulled out of SEA Games Finals. Maybe she will withdraw from WTGF and be replaced by Jeon Jihee?

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
Feng Tianwei just pulled out of SEA Games Finals. Maybe she will withdraw from WTGF and be replaced by Jeon Jihee?

Mens singles reserves is #1 Koki Niwa and #2 Jang Woojin
Womens singles is #1 Jeon Jihee, #2 GU Yuting and #3 DOO Hoi Kem

I want Koki to play! He has performed way better than a player like Mizutani.

Even with a busy schedule, this tournament never disappoints. The finals the past few years have been amazing to watch, even if the final scores don't indicate it. That 2017 final of Dima and FZD was amazing. The DHS Top 10 that year was one of the best I've seen.

I firmly believe that!
The honor is bigger than the pain.