This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I agree that if Hirano/Ishikawa/Hayata were Chinese and on CNT from the beginning they could be better players than they are now. My roundabout point was if they were on CNT today, at their current level, they would not be immediately behind the players CNT will send to Tokyo 2020 WS. They would be behind the players behind the players behind the players behind those two top CNT Women. SRSLY
LSW SYS / DN CM / WMY ZYL / CXT WYD

Would you pick any two of Ishikawa Hirano and Hayata over any of those pairings?

So it really doesn't matter which one JNT sends to play WS with Ito. Could take the top six and pick one through a rock-paper-scissors tournament. The result would be the same, with much less stress and hard feeling in the team.

First of all I agree with the general sentiment that Hayata and Ito would be on the best team to oppose China. Especially if Ito and Hayata played doubles in the team event. I think that the idea that the result would be the same regardless of the team has merit but doesn't seriously understand style matchups and variability. I could even field a team of Sato, Hayata and Ito. Table tennis is not mathematics.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
so do you believe Japan has a better chancing winning gold than a chance to lose before final? Personally I think they will most likely win silver, but the chance of losing before final is higher than winning gold.

Their chances of both for me are equal (almost zero). Germany, Taipei and South Korea are the only teams with near miraculous performances that can beat Japan before the final. Ito has to go cold and so do Ishikawa and Hirano. Ishikawa and Hirano are not chopped liver. Even if they lose the doubles it takes a big effort to beat either or both in singles. They are both less risky than Ito especially Ishikawa. A half year will make a difference to their team up. Countries like Romania have been playing together for years.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ito looks half-awake, dropping 5 in a row after 10:7 in G1.

CIC came prepared for real this time. She knows where Ito will move and hit next.

G5, 3:0, 3:4, TO by Matsuzaki. Didn't help. Still a good time to call TO, though.

G7, 3:1, TO for CIC. 5:1, 5:5, aha! CIC knows where to move next. 6:5, 6:6, 7:6, 7:7. Ito missing all those popups, FH and BH. 9:7, 9:8, 10:8(big net), 10:10(CIC blocked Ito's steparound receive smash right back), 11:10, 12:10(goodbye edge!)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
CIC challenging Ito's backhand by going to the middle and then out, as well as varying pace. Is that her tactic?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Oh,yes...:(

Swing....

8:7....Matsuzaki understands the danger of the situation ...

CIC and her trainer are very well prepared ....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
What a match! ITO won with good play and a few lucky balls at the end, but CIC played really well and had many chances too

Jan 2018
Did I hear someone say Ito is what?

egdyJES.jpg

Jan 2018
This is why in China they often quote the proverb "陰溝裡翻船", literally "to capsize in calm water", or to fail miserably where failure was not expected.

Remain on alert. Never get cocky.

https://cn.ittf.com/2019/11/jeon-jihee-in-depth-interview/
在世界杯首轮输给张安的平野美宇也给了田志希不小的启示。“比赛第一天晚上,我去找平野,她当时在按摩,还能开玩笑。她给我看抽完签的照片,戴着变脸的面具还在那儿比心。她说抽完签心态特别好,要飞起来了!但输完张安感觉羞得没有脸回日本。她能跟我开这个玩笑,真的很厉害,心态也是一种能力。我输给郑怡静之后,不想动、不想跟人说话,不想见人。但是你看她,她肯定比我难受。所以光从这一点上,我觉得这是一种很强的能力,一种赶紧‘放下’的能力,赢了输了都要赶快抛弃。”
Hirano Miu, who lost to Zhang An(Lily Zhang) in the first round of the World Cup, also gave JJH a lot of inspiration. "On the first night of the tournament, I went to Hirano. She was massaging and could still make jokes. She showed me pictures of the draw, with the masquerade on and making heart gesture[?]. She said that her mentality after the draw was particularly good. She felt she could fly! But she felt so ashamed to return to Japan after losing to Zhang An. She could make that joke with me, which is really powerful, and mentality is also a kind of ability. After I lost to CIC, I didn’t want to move, talk to or meet people. But look at Hirano, she must have felt more uncomfortable than me. So merely on that point, I think this is a very strong ability, the ability to "let it go" ASAP. Leave it behind quickly, win or lose."

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Ito has been saying recently that she can beat players even when she's out of shape and that Chinese players no longer seem unbeatable to her. While true, it reminds me of how confident she was of beating Sun Yingsha before her downfall at WTTC. You'd think she would have learned to tune it down by now.

Jan 2018
CM is in trouble, QTY is playing so well, she's going to be in top 10 soon

There's only 1 left-hander among the 7 core players currently - DN, LSW, CM, ZYL, WMY, SYS, CXT.

So they need another one to replenish ASAP. She's not here "on her own". Everything has a meaning when it comes to the CNT.

Jan 2018
As opposed to the unsolved mystery of Hirano/Shibata doubles

Had the same Hayata been born in China and South Korea, the folks would make the exception. They'd patch her up. They'd make her top 10.

Just like how the unpolished LXX was only there to pair with Guo Yue when the higher-ups thought it was not good to just have Guo Yue alone. Same for Li Ju/Wang Nan and then Wang Nan/Zhang Yining, GY/LXX and then LXX/DN, DN/LSW, CM/ZYL, WMY/SYS.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hey, if 5-4 at T2 to SYS counts as a loss for Ito then 12-10 in the 7th today counts as a win. The score says a lot about a match but in the end nothing matters except a W or an L.