XX and ML's backhand rubber and the H3-50

This user has no status.
Is the H3-50 a "viable alternative" (for us plebs) to the rubbers used my ML and XX on their backhand? (Similar to how the commercial H3 is a "viable alternative" to the H3 provincial/national?) Or, are their backhand rubber not some variations of H3-50, rather a completely different beast?

I'm looking for something with similar characteristics for my backhand. I've been very happy with the YINHE jupiter 1, but i can't seam to find it on aliexpress anymore. Would an H350 fare well on the backhand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Is the H3-50 a "viable alternative" (for us plebs) to the rubbers used my ML and XX on their backhand? (Similar to how the commercial H3 is a "viable alternative" to the H3 provincial/national?) Or, are their backhand rubber not some variations of H3-50, rather a completely different beast?

I'm looking for something with similar characteristics for my backhand. I've been very happy with the YINHE jupiter 1, but i can't seam to find it on aliexpress anymore. Would an H350 fare well on the backhand?

XX and ML use a different sponge on their BH, called #65 sponge with a H3 topsheet. You can only get it on Prott.vip and it's expensive ($40 i think??)

H3-50 used to be a good alternative but the later batches have very little tack on the topsheet. Feels like Euro rubber instead of Chinese rubber.

The closest I have played is Tibhar Hybrid K1 2.0mm sponge. Very easy to play on BH. Very high spin and control. Again, only available on Prott.vip. Don't get the K1 Euro as it is less tacky than the original K1.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
If you've been happy with Jupiter 1, why not try Jupiter 2 (or Jupiter 3 / 2 pro however the blue packaging version is called)?

I looked into the jupiter 2 but ultimately decided against it because it appears to be a forehand oriented rubber. Its heavier and harder than jupiter 1, so not to sure how it would fare for backhand. Something i noticed with the big dipper is how the quickly the tackiness disapears midgame, which seem to cause the ball to slip sometimes.. and I fear this may be the case for other yinhe rubbers made for the 40+ ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Mine Big Dipper was not tacky at all... It is very grippy though.

I've been using Jupiter 2 for backhand for last 2 weeks or so (just because I wanted to try Big Dipper on my forehand) and it is viable. Since Monday I am using Moon Pro on backhand and it is good too. About 70% tack of the Jupiter 2, but softer and lighter (60g uncut, wheras Jupiter 2 was 68g), more managable in general.

Since you are in US you have privilage of having cheap shipping from colestt and zeropong. Cole is one of the very few sources for Yinhe Moon Pro, so having look at it might be an option for you, can't recommend it yet though. Have you taken look at Gambler equipment? I've managed to get one of their blades and my first impressions are good. You can message mr/ms thekleifheit13. He/she have been using it and praising on this forum. I have Burst Thor same as his/hers and my first impressions are alligned with what he have said about his/hers rubber.

This user has no status.
I think skyline 3-60 is a good alternative. Super tacky.

I also have a sheet of H3-50 but it’s super soft and too slow in my opinion. I don’t think boosting it will help much.

is the skyline 3-60 sponge much different than the hurricane 3-50? Is it fast and lively enough for backhand?