Adivice on Zhangjike ALC forehand choice

This user has no status.
I am playing Zhang ALC Chinese penholder grip, I used to use Neo hurricane 3 blue provincial. But now I am decided to try a non-Chinese rubber. I have the following choices:
1) Butterfly Roundell (or hard).
2) Xiom Vega China (79-024)
3) Tibhar K1 Plus (blue package).

I prefer roundell because I use Joola X-polde sensitive as my backhand rubber. therefore balance is good for this combination. any suggestions or alternatives you could advice on these choices?

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
If you're looking for a controlled hard offensive rubber, you might want to look into below:

Donic Coppa Jo Gold
Nittaku Flyatt Hard
Yasaka Valmo
Victas V402 Double Extra
Victas V01 Stiff

keep in mind, if you move from chinese tacky rubbers to non-tacky ones; it is not a easy transition and may require substantial practice hours.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I played ZJK ALC Cpen before. I have used Vega China and K1 Plus. Both have better control but worse spin than H3. I would say Vega China is easier to play than K1 Plus.

I am playing Zhang ALC Chinese penholder grip, I used to use Neo hurricane 3 blue provincial. But now I am decided to try a non-Chinese rubber. I have the following choices:
1) Butterfly Roundell (or hard).
2) Xiom Vega China (79-024)
3) Tibhar K1 Plus (blue package).

I prefer roundell because I use Joola X-polde sensitive as my backhand rubber. therefore balance is good for this combination. any suggestions or alternatives you could advice on these choices?

This user has no status.
If you can find Tibhar K2 it's simply a better rubber than K1 plus.

Roundell isn't close to the other 2 you mentioned. Spin Art is prob what you want from Butterfly as a semi-tacky rubber though it's twice as expensive.

Victas also just released a VJC>07 rubber that is also a bit tacky. V402 is very spinny and prob spinnier than VJC>07, but pretty slow in exchange.
Joola also has the Golden Tango/Tango PS which are semi-tacky as well. Non-PS Tango might be too slow for you though.

My personal recommendation would be K2 as it offers way more speed than the rest above while spin is around middle of the pack.

This user has no status.

Roundell isn't close to the other 2 you mentioned. Spin Art is prob what you want from Butterfly as a semi-tacky rubber though it's twice as expensive.

Victas also just released a VJC>07 rubber that is also a bit tacky. V402 is very spinny and prob spinnier than VJC>07, but pretty slow in exchange.
Joola also has the Golden Tango/Tango PS which are semi-tacky as well. Non-PS Tango might be too slow for you though.

My personal recommendation would be K2 as it offers way more speed than the rest above while spin is around middle of the pack.

Thanks guys, I will try K2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
K2 sponge is much harder though. K1 pro has the best performance overall - easier to engage the sponge, tackier topsheet and better control than K2. That's why K1 pro costs more than K2. The only good thing about K2 is speed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
K2 sponge is much harder though. K1 pro has the best performance overall - easier to engage the sponge, tackier topsheet and better control than K2. That's why K1 pro costs more than K2. The only good thing about K2 is speed.
not sure if the K1 pro I borrowed was too old but it had definitely less power(spin and speed) my own K2 which was 2 months old at the time of comparison and the extra tack of K1 didn't exactly help spinning for me either. Also K2 even with its 54deg sponge is much easier to use than most other 50/54deg-sponge hybrid rubbers on market, including K1 from my preference.

Maybe I need grab myself a brand new sheet of K1 pro for proper conclusion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
That's interesting. K1 is meant to be the easiest one to use among the entire "K" family.

Maybe you are right. Time is a factor. My K1 has lost some noticeable spin after 2 months of usage. It's still tacky, I wonder if the sponge is losing the "boosting" effect which is linked to the spin.

not sure if the K1 pro I borrowed was too old but it had definitely less power(spin and speed) my own K2 which was 2 months old at the time of comparison and the extra tack of K1 didn't exactly help spinning for me either. Also K2 even with its 54deg sponge is much easier to use than most other 50/54deg-sponge hybrid rubbers on market, including K1 from my preference.

Maybe I need grab myself a brand new sheet of K1 pro for proper conclusion.