Help me choose a good setup

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you want a blade that is in a similar speed class, good control, that you might like better than the Primorac, you may want to try the Offensive S. That is a really good blade. Excellent build quality. Nice handle. A little faster than Primorac, but really good feeling.

That might be a good choice. And it is a pretty reasonable price.

This user has no status.
If you want a blade that is in a similar speed class, good control, that you might like better than the Primorac, you may want to try the Offensive S. That is a really good blade. Excellent build quality. Nice handle. A little faster than Primorac, but really good feeling.

That might be a good choice. And it is a pretty reasonable price.

Thanks for the help! I'm going to take little session while recording so that i can get tips on my technique aswell in case it's just me lacking in power from technique.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
My two cents:
If a player says his setup is too slow and his topspins are to weak and easily blocked: 99% problem with technique.
If really the material is bottoming out and the player might play better topspins with faster material, the player himself is aware of that because of his skills and doesn't come here to ask. He knows the in and outs of the game and normally knows what material should suite him.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't think I am saying anything different than Ingo-Ger. I am just saying it differently.

A TT ball is small. You do not really need much force behind your shots. Racket speed is more important than force. And so is timing and quality of contact. The high level players I know can use a racket that is slow, slow, slow like a Stiga Allround Classic (much slower than a Primorac) and still hit blisteringly fast shots because their acceleration, their timing and the quality of their contact are superb. There are reasons they would use something different. But it would not be simply that the Allround Classic or the Primorac were too slow. Indeed there still are pros who use a Primorac.

So, sometimes when someone says their technique is good, it is hard to know exactly what they actually mean without seeing footage of them playing.

But I will admit, many of the really high level players I know know what equipment they like but don't necessarily understand equipment or know why they like what they like.

Last edited: