Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 10 12
    B
    BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 12 10
    #1

    What are some great, inexpensive beginner rackets?

    Hello there,

    I'm looking for some great beginner rackets that are fairly inexpensive.
    This is not meant for me personally, it's meant to get an idea for expenses if we as a club would like to have some rackets available for total newcomers for a few sessions.

    Any suggestions as to what options we have?
    Many thanks already

  2. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,252 548
    #2
    The one you have in your equipment description looks quite good. If you want to go for best bang for the buck then M8 + 2* Chinese training rubber.

    The Following 2 Users Like Kuba Hajto's Post:

    BennyDB and thomas.pong


  3. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,843
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,843 2,739
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    The one you have in your equipment description looks quite good. If you want to go for best bang for the buck then M8 + 2* Chinese training rubber.

    Yup, agree with Sanwei M8. You can develop your basics skills with this.

    The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

    thomas.pong

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  4. BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 10 12
    B
    BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 12 10
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    The one you have in your equipment description looks quite good. If you want to go for best bang for the buck then M8 + 2* Chinese training rubber.

    Does it matter which chinese training rubbers we choose?


  5. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 107 276
    L
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 276 107

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Is this equipment for beginners?
    In that case I would get a premade racket, like a 3 star. Basically all brands have those.

    Cheers
    L-zr
    Last edited by Lazer; 02-17-2021 at 12:40 PM.

  6. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,252 548
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyDB

    Does it matter which chinese training rubbers we choose?

    Does not really matter. They are all quite similar. Just don't pick anything too hard. I felt like Palio hidden dragon is an excellent rubber for newcomers. It is easy to use, makes a very good spin. It is like 6-10$ a piece. Super FX felt much worse than Hidden Dragon. Blue AK47 although firmer, also felt good.


  7. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,252 548
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer
    Is this equipment for beginners?
    In that case I would get a premade racket, like a 3 star. Basically all brands have those.

    Cheers
    L-zr

    That gear will be loaner bat. Premade rackets are much worse and are not refurbishable. When the rubber is done on a premade then it gone. If you buy a cheap chinese set it will have better parameters, will be much more predictable, and when rubbers are damaged (for example someone hits a table with a racket) then you just replace it with another cheap rubber.

    The Following 2 Users Like Kuba Hajto's Post:

    lodro and thomas.pong


  8. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 107 276
    L
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 276 107

    User Info Menu

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto

    That gear will be loaner bat. Premade rackets are much worse and are not refurbishable. When the rubber is done on a premade then it gone. If you buy a cheap chinese set it will have better parameters, will be much more predictable, and when rubbers are damaged (for example someone hits a table with a racket) then you just replace it with another cheap rubber.

    The "parameters" don't matter to beginners, the cost to the club does.
    Rubbers can be changed and who is gonna change it before it's gone???
    The broken rackets I've seen have been broken at the handle, there is no fix in that...

  9. BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 10 12
    B
    BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 12 10
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer
    Is this equipment for beginners?
    In that case I would get a premade racket, like a 3 star. Basically all brands have those.

    Cheers
    L-zr


    This gear is for beginners yes, it's meant as a loaner bat for new members to use for a couple of sessions so that they don't have to buy a bat before being able to play. The reason i haven't really looked to premade rackets is that they tend to be quite "expensive". Especially for a small club such as ours


  10. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 107 276
    L
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 276 107

    User Info Menu

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyDB


    This gear is for beginners yes, it's meant as a loaner bat for new members to use for a couple of sessions so that they don't have to buy a bat before being able to play. The reason i haven't really looked to premade rackets is that they tend to be quite "expensive". Especially for a small club such as ours

    No, they are normally much cheaper, and a beginner doesn't need an advanced racket anyway.

  11. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,252 548
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer
    No, they are normally much cheaper, and a beginner doesn't need an advanced racket anyway.

    M8 + 2* Chinese rubber is like 15-20$, if you find a premade which is easily repairable and you can perform a topspin attack with it, then I will be amazed.

    The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

    thomas.pong


  12. olzetezkarzo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 44 141
    O
    olzetezkarzo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 141 44

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2019
    Aaland
    141
    44
    287
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    this one looks pretty good.

    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

    ebony + carbon + two rubbers for 16 eur?

  13. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,252 548
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by olzetezkarzo
    this one looks pretty good.

    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

    ebony + carbon + two rubbers for 16 eur?

    This one is opposite. It has both ebony and carbon which makes it harder to use by unskilled people.

    The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

    thomas.pong


  14. BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 10 12
    B
    BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 12 10
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto

    This one is opposite. It has both ebony and carbon which makes it harder to use by unskilled people.


    Why is having Ebony and/or Carbon harder to use by unskilled people?


  15. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,252 548
    #15
    Carbon provides less feedback and makes the blade faster. Ebony top ply makes feel crisper but adds low effort speed and makes the blade harder to control. The ball shoots off very easily with low user input which makes it hard for unskilled players to use. I would recommend a 5ply all wood instead for maximum feel and easiest control.

    I've made my recommendation initially based on the want to use that gear as a lender to potential new club players. In clubs where I played, the first hours were always focused on giving the players a good foundation of FH and BH and teaching fundamentals of brushing contact. Ebony feels amazing when hitting but leaves a smaller margin for error when brushing. Going with the glued bat instead of premade one will ensure the possibility of repair the gear easilly. Sanwei M8 is the cheapest and good quality easy to handle blade. The rubbers on that price range are very very similar. As I said, my favorite is Hidden Dragon, but Mercury 2, Palio AK47, 9000D/E will serve just as well. I also remember Sanwei Taiji being good for the price.

    The Following 2 Users Like Kuba Hajto's Post:

    BennyDB and thomas.pong

    Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 02-17-2021 at 02:13 PM.

  16. mikaha21 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 8
    M
    mikaha21 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 1

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2021
    United States
    8
    1
    70
    Read 0 Reviews
    #16
    Wilson Federer is an amazing racquet.

  17. Music&Ping is offline
    says Dis donc !!
     
    This user has been banned. 219 312
    M
    Music&Ping is offline
    says Dis donc !!
     
    This user has been banned. 312 219
    #17
    Since you're from Belgium maybe you could ask Dauphin TT in France to make you a special offer, they do this sometimes for new opening clubs. They've got some beginner rackets at any price <30€, also Decathlon is not that far from you in Lille (You're from Sint Niklaas, between Antwerp and Gand right ? I'm a ch'ti from north of France, I know Belgium very well) and they have some new Pongori line for beginners, and even Stiga or Tibhar rackets, more expensive though. I'm quite sure you could get a bargain deal from Decathlon either.

    Dauphin TT and Decathlon links
    https://www.dauphintt.com/raquettes-1.html
    https://www.decathlon.fr/browse/c0-t...les/_/N-bd6ba4

    The Following User Likes Music&Ping's Post:

    BennyDB


  18. BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 10 12
    B
    BennyDB is offline
    says To learn the art of spin, one must first master the basics
     
    TTD Member 12 10
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Music&amp;Ping
    Since you're from Belgium maybe you could ask Dauphin TT in France to make you a special offer, they do this sometimes for new opening clubs. They've got some beginner rackets at any price <30€, also Decathlon is not that far from you in Lille (You're from Sint Niklaas, between Antwerp and Gand right ? I'm a ch'ti from north of France, I know Belgium very well) and they have some new Pongori line for beginners, and even Stiga or Tibhar rackets, more expensive though. I'm quite sure you could get a bargain deal from Decathlon either.

    Dauphin TT and Decathlon links
    https://www.dauphintt.com/raquettes-1.html
    https://www.decathlon.fr/browse/c0-t...les/_/N-bd6ba4


    Thanks, i'll check this out soon as well.

    And you were very close, i'm from sinaai which is a town that's considered part of sint niklaas 😉

    The Following User Likes BennyDB's Post:

    Music&Ping


  19. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 760 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 760
    #19
    At my club in France, we usually have players donating some of their old rackets which we loan to newcomers.

    The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

    BennyDB


  20. mat is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 10 75
    M
    mat is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 75 10

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2019
    Slovenia
    75
    10
    199
    Read 0 Reviews
    #20

    For total beginers
    Blade yasaka sweden classic or donic appelgreen allplay
    Rubers on both side donic coppa

    For advanced beginers:
    Blade yasaka sweden classic or donic appelgreen allplay
    Rubers on both side Nitaku Factive

    Good luck

    The Following 2 Users Like mat's Post:

    BennyDB and thomas.pong


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.