SoulSpin New Era Handle Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I tested their Straight handle Basalt New Era Blade two months ago and just ordered another as a backup. Found the Handle and neck design far superior to conventional TT blade design.
cache.php

Attachments

• 8A905DA7-6D8A-4F4A-A7B6-9A6CFF4148C3.jpg
    8A905DA7-6D8A-4F4A-A7B6-9A6CFF4148C3.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 486
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
The neck looks interesting. Should make the blade laterally stiffer, but the handle looks a bit gimmicky. How does it play?

IMO, if they wanted better "impact transfer" through the handles, just use handle materials matched in hardness to the overall blade plies composition. Most modern blades skimp in this area trying to make the whole thing lighter.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Instead of a stick of wood for a handle that accumulates sweat this design provides better traction for the hand and gives new options for holding the blade both during service and making ball contact. I was surprised initially how different the blade felt and played and found it easy to make the switch. This handle design will encourage other manufactures to experiment with other alternatives rather than the wood stick approach.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Looks like they copied some of the design of the Donic Dotec blades.

I didn't try Soulspin, but I tried Dotec. So yes, it seems they took the best of Dotec (the neck), ditched the curved (didn't work for me) and added a straight handle with a twist... By the way, it looks really great imho

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Instead of a stick of wood for a handle that accumulates sweat this design provides better traction for the hand and gives new options for holding the blade both during service and making ball contact. I was surprised initially how different the blade felt and played and found it easy to make the switch. This handle design will encourage other manufactures to experiment with other alternatives rather than the wood stick approach.
This is why it is not my taste ... i practically do not hold to handle ... i have really flex grip ... better spin then . only for smashes i`m using handle