Marvellous 12 2020

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
In the last set, once FZD raced ahead, XX started playing exhibition style. Not lobbing but trying impossible shots and quite a few of them landed. And as you said FZD was like - OK, I can handle it and returned them to create a bigger spectacle. Such a monster, he is in current form.
After rewatching the match several times, it seems more clear: after winning this crazy set where FZD had to shake off 9 set points, he must've felt invincible. Like wearing a bulletproof jacket.

...also the animal idol for FZDozer's backhand: https://youtu.be/QXK2G2AzMTU

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Because the first 2 rounds are knockout. So it is normal for players who lost in the first round to played one match only.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
+ (apparently due to his appearance at the World Tour Grand Finals, )he got a bye through qualifiers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I saw some comments about girls from CNT not being happy that ZYL got the ticket..
Well - for me - what if they are actually good friends and they are happy to have her there? :p

She played pretty well, Im curious what matches will she be choosed to play.
Also very curious about Ma Long.
He didnt play that bad, but it was not as good as his last Pro Tour performance..
There we felt like he is getting better and better, but actually from what I have seen now, he is not.
I still wish for him to get the Tokio Gold singles.. yayy...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I saw some comments about girls from CNT not being happy that ZYL got the ticket..
Well - for me - what if they are actually good friends and they are happy to have her there? :p

She played pretty well, Im curious what matches will she be choosed to play.
He didnt play that bad, but it was not as good as his last Pro Tour performance..
There we felt like he is getting better and better, but actually from what I have seen now, he is not.

He lost 4-3 to Zhou Qihao, who beat Xu Xin 4-1 and lost to Fan Zhendong 1-4.

Table tennis is about fighting, and honestly, ML doesn't need to be 100% to be the favorite in 99% of the matches he plays. I wish he could get back to prime ML but I have accepted he is now in his ZJK period and even ZJK got silver at the Olympics and bronze in WTTC 2015 in that mode.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

While Ma Long could surely have done better than he did, he actually doesn't perform as well as people expects of him for internal trials. Out of the 12 times that he had made an appearance, he only secured a seat through this method on 6 occasions (success rate 50%).

The biggest beneficiaries are actually Wang Hao & Liu Shiwen for the men's and women's teams respectively. Wang Hao participated in 7 trials and got through 6 times (85.7%). Liu Shiwen played in 11 trials and clinched an entry ticket for herself 9 times (81.8%) – funnily, one of the 2 unsuccessful attempts was in 2019 wherein she ultimately won the WTTC Singles title. She's also the only female player till date to have won all her matches in a round-robin format in 2017. On the men's side, it was Fan Zhendong in 2019. Speaking of which, the current World #1 played 7 times (including 2020) and only got through 4 times (57.1%) but came out top three years in a row (2017, 2019 2020).

Second only to Wang Hao is Ma Lin, who emerged successfully on 4 occasions out of 6 in total (66.7%). For the women, Guo Yue is second place (4 out of 5 times).

It may come as a surprise to some but Zhang Jike (5 out of 10) and Xu Xin (6 out of 12) also only managed to clinch themselves a spot either on the WTTC Team or Singles events half the time. Li Xiaoxia herself achieved a success rate of only 33.3% (3 out of 9 attempts); the same goes for Zhang Yining (1 out of 3 tries). Despite winning the WTTC Singles three times, Ding Ning stood out on only 5 out of her 12 participations (41.7%).