Timo‘s new backhand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
It seems that all rubbers have the same red sponge (the Dignics sponge) -
What do you think?

I think it would be hard to distinguish between tenergy red and Dignics red on a photo like that.

One of the rubbers (see thread title) has to be the approved, but not yet released one, which should be some tenergy variant, as all the Dignics are already out.
The other one is by all possible inside information a tenergy09c.

But since no-one has ever seen that one or t05N they might just come with Spring Sponge X like the Dignics series.

So you might be right about the sponge colour, but the rubbers might just as well not be Dignics ;)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
No.

cache.php

Ah you're right, I didn't have mine on hand but it does have print on the back too.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
No such thing as Ten 09c, Only D09c, timo uses DIGNICS 09c both sides

Timo just revealed in a year-end review, that he plays a new rubber on his backhand since the beginning of this season. He mentions that this new type of was developed by him with Butterfly and that it is one of the reasons why he made a step up since then.
He also said that it is already on the larc list and that Butterfly will release it to the public next year.
This leads me to the following conclusions:
- he does neither play Tenergy 05 nor dignics 05 on his backhand anymore
- candidates on larc without release would be: T05N, T09C, D09C and Aibiss

Since T05N is on larc for a long time and T09C is Timo‘s forehand rubber to which he switched in 2018 (what he also mentions in the review), D09C and aibiss are the only possibilities left.

lets discuss and make some rumours :)

D09C both sides and there is no such thing as Tenergy 09c

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
To my eye, Timo has played well recently.
But the new rubber did help his ranking.

Doubtless, the rubber will do wonders for amateurs' ratings.

My favourite German word is Durchschnittgeschwindigkeit. Fantastic language.

Ave. Speed.

Almost no one accuses English of being world's most concise language, but it really shines here.

Reactions: t95mwp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
There is no such rubber, A quick google search will show you that.

There's literally a picture of Timo Boll using Tenergy 09c a few years ago

A quick google search, butterfly has never even mentioned such a rubber as tenergy 09c. It’s never existed. Whatever photo you saw may have been photoshopped or smth. Bc there’s never been a tenergy 09c, there aren’t even any reviews on YouTube, and it’s not listed on any major table tennis sites.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
A quick google search, butterfly has never even mentioned such a rubber as tenergy 09c. It’s never existed. Whatever photo you saw may have been photoshopped or smth. Bc there’s never been a tenergy 09c, there aren’t even any reviews on YouTube, and it’s not listed on any major table tennis sites.

Tenergy09c is #32 under Bty on the LARC of 1 October 2019. Presumably to get on the LARC at least one sheet must exist for ITTF to approve, No?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Ahhhh full apologies.

I never thought abt the fact that it could be specially released for timo, it seems like it was, my bad. Strange how there’s barely any info on it or ten 05n and other rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
There are rubbers that are for specific rubbers, such as Tenergy 09C. I would not be surprised if it is the same as Dignics 09c, with just different name.
As mentioned above, the rubber exists in LARC. Perhaps rubbers are tested before information is released to the general public.

Attachments

• T09C.jpg
    T09C.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited: