RE: blade vibration/feedback. STIGA OFFENSIVE C VS STIGA AZALEA OFFENSIVE

RE: blade vibration/feedback. STIGA OFFENSIVE C VS STIGA AZALEA OFFENSIVE

Deciding on which one to get. Between STIGA OFFENSIVE CLASSIC or STIGA AZALEA OFFENSIVE, which has more "feeling" during impact? Which one is more "crisp" in terms of feeling and vibration? Please limit comparisons to these two blades only. Not interested in reading about other blades besides these two (at least in this thread). Anyone have or used these two blades? I'd appreciate a direct comparison between the two regarding vibration, feel and ball feedback.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
I don't have experience with the Offensive Classic, but I have purchased 3 of the Azalea Offensive.
One was destroyed accidentally by striking the edge of the table. The remaining two differ in weight:
87.4g and 92.9g
Stiga manufacturing tolerances.

The lighter one is my preference. Both are crisp with some vibration, but reasonably controlled. This is an excellent blade design. The feeling is very nice.

I am sure Yogi_Bear can give a comparison with the Classic.

THanks trumpet_guy. I went ahead and ordered an AZALEA OFFENSIVE in 88gm. HOpefully this will quench my EJ addiction for the year!
I don't have experience with the Offensive Classic, but I have purchased 3 of the Azalea Offensive.
One was destroyed accidentally by striking the edge of the table. The remaining two differ in weight:
87.4g and 92.9g
Stiga manufacturing tolerances.

The lighter one is my preference. Both are crisp with some vibration, but reasonably controlled. This is an excellent blade design. The feeling is very nice.

I am sure Yogi_Bear can give a comparison with the Classic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think one of my friends are using this. I think it feels fast and i noticed that the handle is rather small, But i Do not think either is a bad thing.

Thanks for the input Yogi. Just came back from my local club. Another friend with an OC was there so we compared and you are correct that the OC has more vibration. I'm proud to say that the Azalea OFFENSIVE has good enough/CRISP vibration, control and more than enough speed for me. I absolutely love the AZALEA. Thanks to your comprehensive review. I see myself enjoying this blade for as long as I can play. This one's a keeper for sure. Now if it only came in LEGEND. :D
I can attest that the OC has more vibrations than the Azalea Off

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
On a related note, a team mate has been using the Arctic Wood for a while now. Ir’s suited him very well and I think it’s an outstanding allwood too.

Stiga’s had a good stretch lately, so it seems. Celero’s good, Azalea excellent, and Genesis, Mantra and DNA Pro rubbers are also very well liked.

The all wood blades from Stiga have improved much compared to their old batches. They have bought new equipment for manufacturing in the past and made better blades. The change of rubber manufacturer waw a good company decision imo.

Last edited:
Agreed! I also think STIGA is number ONE in ALL-WOOD blades and mass blade construction. I don't think there is any other company that can match their wood blades in terms of different types of woods used, it's bewildering.

The all wood bkades from Stiga have improved much compared to their old batches. They have bought new equipment for manufacturing in the past and made better blades. The change of rubber manufacturer waw a good company decision imo.

Reactions: Simas
Right now tbe Azalea Off is one of the most underated blades in the market but the ones who have used it all say that it is a very good blade.

TT11 is sold out of this blade in flared version and it’s discounted now in ST handle. I’m lucky to have one in my desired weight and a good example as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Agreed! I also think STIGA is number ONE in ALL-WOOD blades and mass blade construction. I don't think there is any other company that can match their wood blades in terms of different types of woods used, it's bewildering.

+1 . Agreed