Dignics 80 Review | 5 Things You Need To Know

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
so basically a more controllable Dignics 05 that is not sensitive to spin unlike T05
D05 is already incredibly forgiving for such a high powered rubber because the super grippy topsheet holds the ball so long. But for the same reason it's not easy to generate high speed without a lot of effort. I think that's why even some pro players like Jha and Harimoto have switched back from D05 to T05 on backhand. From Dan's review it sounds like D80 restores some of the easy power of T05 while retaining the stability of D05. Very tempting.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
I played Tenergy 05 for years, Dignics 05 on BH since its release and tried Dignics 80 for some sessions now. D80 brings back the T05 dynamics, which most players were missing with D05. Both Dignics are able to produce more spin compared to T05 in my opinion.
what I personally experienced with D80 is, that it is more sensitive to incoming spin on real passive shots than both T05 and D05. Especially on BH passive blocks, balls flew off the table a lot.
anyway, this seems to be the only downside of this rubber for me. Everything else is really impressive. I now need to make my choice between going back to what I‘m used to or make the adjustments on passive shots with D80

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
2 wow. 1st for the great review Dan and Tom. It seems my level is quite close to you guys. So what suits you would suit me.
2nd wow: I got a new pair of dignics 80 and felt the 05 feel that I have missed with dignics 05 and all esn rubbers. The speed is still less then 05 but the spin is more and the control and grip is out of this world. Nothing yes nothing comes even close. Add the weight of 45-46 grams it is the best rubber i have tried since the introduction of tenergy 05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Even I am interested to know if it is better than R53?

Indeed, every rubber from now on should be compared to R53. Gauzy gained 14 places (#34 to #20) since starting using R53.

How many have gained this much since switching to Dig80?

How many have actually lost rating points since switching to a Dignics!??

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Hey guys, here's a new review,5 things you need to know about the new Dignics 80 Rubber by Butterfly.

Have you tried any of the Dignics rubbers yet, see you in the comments guys!

Dan you forgot to measure the weight of the rubbers ... and was they in 1.9 or 2.1 mm ?
Thanks for answer

Reactions: Dream2K
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Do you guys really think that pro.players changing equipment directly impacts their win-lose rate?

If you think yes, I recommend a visit to China and playing against a provincial player.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: matzreenzi
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thanks for another great review Dan and Tom!

I had tried D05 on both FH and BH and did not care for it. Like you and many others have said, it requires a lot of effort to produce the desired spin, speed and arc while not feeling as dynamic and fun as T05.

I was hoping/expecting that D64 and especially D80 would be different in that regard with their softer topsheets and that might create a more dynamic combination with the harder Spring Sponge X. That seems to be the case at least for D80 according to your video and that's good to hear and promising! I might have to give it a try on my FH eventually, although the price is a bit of a deterrent.

PS: Would love to see you review Dignics 64 next and to hear what you think of its even softer topsheet combined to Sping Sponge X in comparison to D80 and D05.