Dignics 80 Review | 5 Things You Need To Know

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Yoass is correct assuming the ball doesn't deform.

But the patterns on tangentional impact are not circles.
So? If the mark is narrower then the ball didn't penetrate as deeply.

Whats more - the stamp on the ball will be different than the stamp on the recovered rubber surface, but same /or closer/ to the rubber surface deformation pattern during the impact.
Observing the stamp pattern on the rubber surface after its recovering can tell somethings, but not what I ment.
I'm sorry if the abstraction of the concept is not clear.
I understand. It is an estimate. basically, the ball causes the top sheet to deform in the area close to the impact.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I can happily report that my first 2-hour session with Dignics80 on bh was better than I'd thought beforehand. I've tried T05 before and I didn't like it, too bouncy. I come from over 2 years of using H3 on bh and this session certainly makes me want more D80, so I'll be using it at our league matches on Tuesday. Only fools rush in, and myself.

Pros:
Linear, good controllable speed, great in blocking game, good touch in service receives, good spin but no spin monster. Gives me confidence to attack with more power since margin for error is bigger compared to H3. If the contact on H3 isn't almost perfect it's difficult to get top speed from it.

Cons: Very heavy! It made my setup jump up from 194 grams to 205 and that made me overshoot many shots mainly from my fh side since the heaviness added power to the stroke when using the same swing speed as before. Had to adjust a bit to that. Not as good as lifting backspin as H3, perhaps unused to the different way to contact the rubber with the ball so I will adjust to it. H3 has a nastier trajectory, it dips more after the bounce than D80 does which puts opponents into some trouble. H3's top speed and spin is better than D80 since H3 hardly ever bottoms out.

All in all, a great rubber that I will continue to use and take it from there.

Curious, do you boost your H3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yoass is correct assuming the ball doesn't deform.

But the patterns on tangentional impact are not circles.
So? If the mark is narrower then the ball didn't penetrate as deeply.

I understand. It is an estimate. basically, the ball causes the top sheet to deform in the area close to the impact.

No offense, but those that conclude the ball does not deform must not hit very hard.

This user has no status.
I see a lot of people going to D80 on their BH, but what about the FH? I tried someones ALC blade this week that had D80 on one side and it felt great. I'm hesitating on removing my trusty T25 on the BH for one of these, but I'm thinking of putting D80 on the FH, and if I can make the price work, maybe go D80 both sides (I've never been a huge fan of using the same rubber both sides but I can't think of a reason why I'm like this)

So in terms of a T25 on a BH, whats the difference between the two? And how's the D80 on Fh?

This user has no status.
Yea, personally, I'd try D80 on the FH, but would most likely stick to T05 and T80 on the FH, and T05FX and T80FX on the BH. I've found T64 and 64FX to be too mushy for my taste, but I'm interested to read what you think of your friend's D64 and how its more spaced out pimple structure and softer topsheet works with the harder Spring Sponge X. Please let me know!

I've been thinking if Butterfly will actually release FX versions of Dignics or not in the future ever since the series was first announced with D05.

I think having FX versions might actually defeat the purpose of Dignics as it's meant to be hard and different than the Tenergy series. If you think about it, there's a 4 degrees hardness difference between regular Tenergy and Tenergy FX, and 4 degrees difference between regular Tenergy's and the Dignics... so in a way you could think of regular Tenergy's as the FX versions of Dignics, yet different of course.

On the other end, Dignics' topsheet is new and updated from Tenergy and the spring sponge has been upgraded too so they could apply this to an FX sponge. Not sure if they will release Dignics FX having all that in mind, but it'd sure be very interesting if they did and I would very much welcome this new offering!

Hi thomas, I'm testing now D64 2,1 with my blade so the first feeling is quite good even if after this break I can't play correctly or at my standard level. obviously it is different as T series but at the same time when you've played with a t 80 fx a bit harder. As we will start again to train this week I'll update this post later. I just made 2 sessions with it now, so not enough to make a complete test.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi thomas, I'm testing now D64 2,1 with my blade so the first feeling is quite good even if after this break I can't play correctly or at my standard level. obviously it is different as T series but at the same time when you've played with a t 80 fx a bit harder. As we will start again to train this week I'll update this post later. I just made 2 sessions with it now, so not enough to make a complete test.

Hello Gwenved.

You mentioned you played with T80FX before.
Have you tried the D80? If yes, could you compare the D80 to T80FX please?
Thank you!