TSP Ventus Spin compared to Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Has anybody got experience of these two rubbers and if so can you tell me how they compare with regard to the following please.

1) Close to the table play.

2) Sensitivity to incoming spin.

3) Control.

4) Spin.

Thank you

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i played both some time ago ....
so not all is fresh in my memory ...
1 i forgot ... sory
2 Spin is less sensitive
3 Control ... here is much better rakza .. Spin is really unforgiving .
4 i thing spin was better on Spin .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
From distant memory too, I would have said that the main difference between the two is that R7 Soft is bouncier and with a bit of a lower throw, in part due to that characteristic. I think Ventus Spin is very good in terms of control as far as soft tensors go, so long as you can read incoming spin to a reasonable extent (I know, that's one of your asking points). R7S may help with that in a way as, if I remember well, VS's topsheet (the old transparent type, but without some of the crazy sponges from the same generation) is softer and gets engaged very easily so that you get both very easy spin of your own and, well, more sensitivity to the one that's incoming. But at least you don't have to worry as much about the ball jumping off with the Ventus, in terms of distance. For 100% close-to-the-table play and what you seem to be asking for, it'd probably be my pick. The Rakza is more powerful and handier far from the table, not to mention a meaner trajectory - but that's not on your list.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
First of all, thank you to both of you for replying.

I notice you both mention having used them a long time ago.

I'm curious as to what you both moved on to after the v spin and r7s.

Also have either of you tried Xiom vega Europe or the Andro Hexer Grip.