andro Cross Step

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I guess many will have noticed the black and green andro shoes by now.

For my birthday I received a pair and I am completely hooked.

I play in at least two, sometimes three very different halls each week, with flooring ranging from professional "red TT floor/Gerflor" to regular sports hall flooring. On none of these, I have any problems with grip anymore. In fact, I don´t even think about it. In our club´s hall, the floor tends to be slippery. During a recent practice, a player changed his shoes during the session because of that, and I stood next to him thinking "oh yeah, that used to be a problem."

Over the years, I have not been dissatisfied with any of the shoes I wore, among them various Mizuno and asics. It´s just I have never been so satisfied as with these.

One other - important - thing: It seems I do not need extra damping anymore, being a heavyweight player (who still wants to move).
The last shoes I used were asics Gel Fast Ball, and I have two spare pairs of them now because there is no going back. Before that, I had Wave Medal.

Technically, the shoes are tight-fit for me (bit higher instep), but a bit long. They fit my foot perfectly, but there´s more room for the toes than really needed.

Anyway, with a price tag around or below other established brands, these shoes are well worth taking a look at.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I have a pair of this shoe, I got it when it was released back in 2019 November I think along with the Rasanter R53. Back then I played on rubber floors that are laid on concrete. Hard floor but quite grippy. My biggest gripe with this shoe is that by about February 2020 I basically wore down the thread on the sole. That's a record even for me, granted these rubber floors and gerfloor eat up the sole quite fast but I felt like 3-4 months is waaay too soon.

Now I am playing in very varied conditions, mostly wood floor, but also similar rubber floor and gerfloor too. The trouble is with the wood floor, I tried several shoes and for example Mizuno Wave Medal 6 is quite slippery on those, Butterfly Lezoline Mach is better, but still not ideal. I have a cheap 729/Mizuno shoe that was the best on it but unfortunately all of these shoes I mentioned are really worn so they have some rips here and there.
Anyway I found these Cross Steps and the shoe looks like new besides the worn soles so I gave them a spin and I agree with Airoc that it is very good in variable conditions. Even on wood floor where everything is kinda failing this is very good. I remember one match we played a few weeks ago where I was practically skating in the Mach shoes on the opponents wooden floor. It was really bad. Probably the Cross Step would have been reasonably grippy.

I'm quite satisfied with it now to be honest. I still think the sole is worn way too easily, but maybe that it's softer and that's why it has better grip on wooden floor. I'm not sure how long I can keep using it tho, as I can kinda see trough the gumsole and see the sponge midsole already.

I bought a cheap gel insole in DM and swapped it and that improves on the comfort too, it's not a soft shoe out of the factory. Probably around the Wave Medal hardness. Definietely harder than Lezoline or Wave Drives.
The top part doesn't feel like it will fall apart anytime soon, especially not before the thread on the sole is gone.

I would recommend this to people playing on wooden floor very much and probably would advise people playing on gerfloor to look somewhere else. And maybe there's not much reason to buy the more expensive Cross Step, I guess the cheaper Shuffle Step is perfectly fine since only the top part seems to differ.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I have a pair of this shoe, I got it when it was released back in 2019 November I think along with the Rasanter R53. Back then I played on rubber floors that are laid on concrete. Hard floor but quite grippy. My biggest gripe with this shoe is that by about February 2020 I basically wore down the thread on the sole. That's a record even for me, granted these rubber floors and Gerflor eat up the sole quite fast but I felt like 3-4 months is waaay too soon.Now I am playing in very varied conditions, mostly wood floor, but also similar rubber floor and Gerflor too. The trouble is with the wood floor, I tried several shoes and for example Mizuno Wave Medal 6 is quite slippery on those, Butterfly Lezoline Mach is better, but still not ideal. I have a cheap 729/Mizuno shoe that was the best on it but unfortunately all of these shoes I mentioned are really worn so they have some rips here and there.Anyway I found these Cross Steps and the shoe looks like new besides the worn soles so I gave them a spin and I agree with Airoc that it is very good in variable conditions. Even on wood floor where everything is kinda failing this is very good. I remember one match we played a few weeks ago where I was practically skating in the Mach shoes on the opponents wooden floor. It was really bad. Probably the Cross Step would have been reasonably grippy.I'm quite satisfied with it now to be honest. I still think the sole is worn way too easily, but maybe that it's softer and that's why it has better grip on wooden floor. I'm not sure how long I can keep using it tho, as I can kinda see trough the gumsole and see the sponge midsole already.I bought a cheap gel insole in DM and swapped it and that improves on the comfort too, it's not a soft shoe out of the factory. Probably around the Wave Medal hardness. Definietely harder than Lezoline or Wave Drives.The top part doesn't feel like it will fall apart anytime soon, especially not before the thread on the sole is gone.I would recommend this to people playing on wooden floor very much and probably would advise people playing on gerfloor to look somewhere else. And maybe there's not much reason to buy the more expensive Cross Step, I guess the cheaper Shuffle Step is perfectly fine since only the top part seems to differ.

Correction, because it’s a brand’s name. and actually when you play on Gerflor sport’s flooring it’s a Taraflex (Gerflor’s product tailored for sports), there are many different Taraflex versions: the ones for volley ball (Gerflor is the official FIVB sponsor, as Mikasa for the balls) have a more cushioning material than the ones for TT for example, they have also produced tons of different variations for ATP Masters indoor tournaments, that’s why Gerflor is known to be the best flooring brand in the world, way more advanced than Enlio. One of my friends I played volley ball with, who’s an architect, has actually designed some of the sport’s arenas for the next Olympics in Paris, it started with swimming pool arena, and then some others for the training centers and the village, so you can guess he works hands in hands with Gerflor.Anor is a small village in the north of France, and my hometown, I started playing TT there after volley ball, small village but we’ve got a very nice multisports arena that Jeff (Jean-François Baudry) redesigned https://www-francebleu-fr.translate...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=fr&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I am still using the pair mentioned in #1, alternating with a second (white) pair and I don´t notice any loss of grip or deterioration of quality. Admittedly, I don´t play as much as I used to, but even with one or two hours weekly (per shoe) I think that is impressive.

I like the design of the new models even more, but there is no reason to replace the old ones except for the design, so that would be a bit silly.