• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 119
    1. Top | #61
      Janard is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Singapore


      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      622
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 917 Times in 417 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zeio View Post
      One point of note when looking at that table.

      Some fans argue the number of loss for LSW is skewed, saying she has been strategically avoiding Ito for much of 2019.

      Check out the draws for:
      Platinum
      QAT OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
      CHN OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
      JPN OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
      AUT OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs

      Regular
      KOR OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
      SWE OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs

      WTGF, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
      While I wouldn't occlude that possibility, I also think that it must be a 'strategy' that has been approved or instructed by the higher-ups. She was suspended by Kong Ling Hui previously under the allegation of "avoidance of matches out of fear" so it's unlikely that she would risk her Olympics chances by repeating the 'same offence', at least not on her own. Lol ~

    2. The Following 2 Users Like Janard's Post:

      Free bird (4 Weeks Ago),MaLin2.0 (4 Weeks Ago)

    3. Top | #62
      Dondragon81 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: South Africa


      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Posts
      26
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Looking only at 2019 (from SYS perspective and most recent), she only lost once compared to the others, and only to Ito!

    4. Top | #63
      Free bird is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      162
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 133 Times in 71 Posts
      Asian Cup is coming. There’ll be likely a LSW vs Ito showdown that makes an otherwise mundane tournament a much anticipated event. The pressure is on LSW’s shoulders. If she wins, she’ll be THE one to play singles. But a loss would put the whole selection process on women side into chaos.

    5. The Following 4 Users Like Free bird's Post:

      balazs1234 (4 Weeks Ago),driversbeat (4 Weeks Ago),Takkyu_wa_inochi (4 Weeks Ago),Vlad Celler (4 Weeks Ago)

    6. Top | #64
      MaLin2.0 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      95
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 87 Times in 55 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Free bird View Post
      Asian Cup is coming. There’ll be likely a LSW vs Ito showdown that makes an otherwise mundane tournament a much anticipated event. The pressure is on LSW’s shoulders. If she wins, she’ll be THE one to play singles. But a loss would put the whole selection process on women side into chaos.
      If Mima has a preference of 2 Chinese ladies she doesn't want to be in main singles draw at Tokyo 2020, who do you think they would be?

      My opinion is she would rather they select LSW and pray CNT select ZYL, only reason due to recent success.
      Last edited by MaLin2.0; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:21 PM.

    7. Top | #65
      Free bird is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      162
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 133 Times in 71 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by MaLin2.0 View Post
      If Mima has a preference of 2 Chinese ladies she doesn't want to be in main singles draw at Tokyo 2020, who do you think they would be?

      My opinion is she would rather they select LSW and pray CNT select ZYL, only reason due to recent success.
      Of course she’d rather play against LSW than CM or SYS. For LSW in the coming Asian Cup, the cloud over her head thickens as the following scenarios go:
      1. LSW beats Ito in the final. The cloud is lifted. LSW is on her way to play singles in Tokyo.
      2. LSW beats ZYL in the final who beats Ito in the semi. The cloud is still there. Not much would change.
      3. ZYL beats LSW in the semi and meets Ito in the final. The cloud thickens. Fans and coaches other than MaLin all think another attempt to avoid defeat is tried, fair or not.
      4. LSW gets beaten by Ito in the final. The cloud turns into pouring rain. LGL and his company start to experience sleepless nights.

    8. The Following User Likes Free bird's Post:

      MaLin2.0 (4 Weeks Ago)

    9. Top | #66
      MaLin2.0 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      95
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 87 Times in 55 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Free bird View Post
      Of course she’d rather play against LSW than CM or SYS. For LSW in the coming Asian Cup, the cloud over her head thickens as the following scenarios go:
      1. LSW beats Ito in the final. The cloud is lifted. LSW is on her way to play singles in Tokyo.
      2. LSW beats ZYL in the final who beats Ito in the semi. The cloud is still there. Not much would change.
      3. ZYL beats LSW in the semi and meets Ito in the final. The cloud thickens. Fans and coaches other than MaLin all think another attempt to avoid defeat is tried, fair or not.
      4. LSW gets beaten by Ito in the final. The cloud turns into pouring rain. LGL and his company start to experience sleepless nights.
      Isn't that a good thing then?
      Make sure have 2 best go in, if any doubts not pick them. Have players convince the coaches.

      4 players will play off anyway to qualify for singles, Ma Long qualified for men's and LXX qualified for ladies for Rio games, so technically players need really find form for qualifyers to win a spot in singles, thoughts?

    10. Top | #67
      Free bird is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      162
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 133 Times in 71 Posts
      Looks like Asian Cup will be postponed. The sports bureau has cancelled all events up to April due to corona virus outbreak. Not sure fans would ever get a chance to see LSW-Ito duel prior to the Olympic Games.
      The CNT just ended its post military training training and is heading out to Germany on Sunday. LSW, CM, XX, and FZD all got special one-on-one sessions with LGL. Seems CM has better chance playing singles than SYS at this point.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ABBE8CF-544E-4FBE-8EB7-82858A021312.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	20630

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A6D4332-57F5-487F-B210-89EE3DC6BC5D.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	20631

    11. The Following 2 Users Like Free bird's Post:

      MaLin2.0 (4 Weeks Ago),Vlad Celler (4 Weeks Ago)

    12. Top | #68
      MaLin2.0 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      95
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 87 Times in 55 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Free bird View Post
      Looks like Asian Cup will be postponed. The sports bureau has cancelled all events up to April due to corona virus outbreak. Not sure fans would ever get a chance to see LSW-Ito duel prior to the Olympic Games.
      The CNT just ended its post military training training and is heading out to Germany on Sunday. LSW, CM, XX, and FZD all got special one-on-one sessions with LGL. Seems CM has better chance playing singles than SYS at this point.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ABBE8CF-544E-4FBE-8EB7-82858A021312.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	20630

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A6D4332-57F5-487F-B210-89EE3DC6BC5D.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	20631
      Shame Asian Cup postponed but suppose we still have few Platinum events in Germany & Qatar that can play in the interim.

      Guess you feel LSW still needs be tested against Mima

    13. Top | #69
      Jacky Kwok is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      Jacky Kwok's Avatar

      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      199
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 229 Times in 126 Posts
      Any official announcement that the Asian Cup will be postponed? Because JTTA just stated that they will still send players to join the Asian Cup (Hainan) and China Open (Shenzhen) since these 2 cities are far away from Wuhan.

      https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...3-spnannex-spo

    14. The Following User Likes Jacky Kwok's Post:

      MaLin2.0 (4 Weeks Ago)

    15. Top | #70
      MaLin2.0 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      95
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 87 Times in 55 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Jacky Kwok View Post
      Any official announcement that the Asian Cup will be postponed? Because JTTA just stated that they will still send players to join the Asian Cup (Hainan) and China Open (Shenzhen) since these 2 cities are far away from Wuhan.

      https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...3-spnannex-spo
      I hope this is true

    16. Top | #71
      Free bird is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      162
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 133 Times in 71 Posts
      Well, it’s official, Asian Cup will be postponed. Also the plan for CNT is to return to Hainan after German Open for a month of closed door training before heading out to Korea for WTTC. Looks like they’re going to stay abroad for training and attending tours for a while. It makes all the sense considering the current situation back home. Hope things get well soon.

    17. Top | #72
      Free bird is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      162
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 133 Times in 71 Posts
      Well, German Open is not over yet. But so far WCQ has definitely strengthened his position as fourth player due LJK’s loss to a lesser foreign player and LGY’s not-so-flattering performance. CM played poorly and that will not help when it comes to competing for the second singles spot against SYS who has played reasonably well.

    18. Top | #73
      Janard is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Singapore


      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      622
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 917 Times in 417 Posts
      According to the prospectus for the 2020 Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament (Singles), it states that "7.8 Players of the same NOC shall be separated in different groups during Stage 1 (if applicable) and in different halves (if possible) in the knock-out stage." Thoughts? Seems likely that separation by association will still apply to Tokyo Olympics?

    19. The Following 2 Users Like Janard's Post:

      MaLin2.0 (2 Weeks Ago),Vlad Celler (2 Weeks Ago)

    20. Top | #74
      Vlad Celler is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Russian Federation


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1,172
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 458 Times in 326 Posts
      Theoretically, Mima Ito has a chance in the July ITTF rating to become nr.2 ....But this is a very small chance ...
      I'm interested - C.M. has such a high current rating that in the July ITTF rating can be, if not the first, then the second ....
      Has it already been decided that CM will be on the team?

    21. Top | #75
      Janard is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Singapore


      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      622
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 917 Times in 417 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Celler View Post
      Has it already been decided that CM will be on the team?
      I think it really depends on how Ito performs for the next few months. If every top Chinese woman can beat her with relative ease, then tradition will likely prevail and CM will be excluded. I mean, the only bargaining chip CM really has is her 100% winning record against Ito to date.

    22. The Following 2 Users Like Janard's Post:

      MaLin2.0 (2 Weeks Ago),Vlad Celler (2 Weeks Ago)

    23. Top | #76
      Vlad Celler is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Russian Federation


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1,172
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 458 Times in 326 Posts
      Basically, the CNT can ... hmm ... without any problems, to secure first place in the ITTF ranking for the SYS before the Olympics ........ But for the LSW ...... I have doubts ....

    24. Top | #77
      MaLin2.0 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      95
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 87 Times in 55 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Janard View Post
      I think it really depends on how Ito performs for the next few months. If every top Chinese woman can beat her with relative ease, then tradition will likely prevail and CM will be excluded. I mean, the only bargaining chip CM really has is her 100% winning record against Ito to date.
      Mima seems to be really on against Chinese ladies, DN beat her comfortably last week.

      Zhu Yuling is a strange case as been struggling against Mima but a real bogie for her own teammates, Liu Shiwen and in recent times Chen Meng....

      Sun Yingsha had really disappointing German Open, especially in both doubles and XD against Japanese teams, so feel needa big few months if she is to be on the team. I feel she also matches up well against Mima, but so do others.

    25. The Following User Likes MaLin2.0's Post:

      Vlad Celler (2 Weeks Ago)

    26. Top | #78
      Vlad Celler is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Russian Federation


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1,172
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 458 Times in 326 Posts
      My opinion is that Mima Ito has quite a good chance of staying in 3rd - 4th place in the July ITTF rating .. And no.3 or no.4 - there is practically no difference for seeding ....

    27. Top | #79
      Vlad Celler is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Russian Federation


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1,172
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 458 Times in 326 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Janard View Post
      I think it really depends on how Ito performs for the next few months. If every top Chinese woman can beat her with relative ease, then tradition will likely prevail and CM will be excluded. I mean, the only bargaining chip CM really has is her 100% winning record against Ito to date.
      Yes ... wait ...
      Although, for example, the March ITTF rating for the WS Top 6 determined ....All six remain in their places (including Ito, regardless of the result in Hungary Open - 14720min, 15080max) ....
      And hereinafter ... Deductions of old bonuses for March 2019 (SYS and LSW), replacing the results of WTTTC .(ITO,LSW)...
      Last edited by Vlad Celler; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:16 AM.

    28. Top | #80
      zeio is offline
      says IQ < 100
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,091
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,210 Times in 2,611 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Janard View Post
      According to the prospectus for the 2020 Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament (Singles), it states that "7.8 Players of the same NOC shall be separated in different groups during Stage 1 (if applicable) and in different halves (if possible) in the knock-out stage." Thoughts? Seems likely that separation by association will still apply to Tokyo Olympics?
      What would happen to rule 4.5.2.3. in that case? What's the point of passing the proposition just to backtrack later?

      Race for Tokyo 2020 - China, Japan
      Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

    29. The Following 3 Users Like zeio's Post:

      Janard (2 Weeks Ago),NextLevel (2 Weeks Ago),Vlad Celler (2 Weeks Ago)

    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP