• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 120 of 280
    1. Top | #101
      Janard is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Singapore


      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      673
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 997 Times in 452 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Celler View Post
      Prior to Tokyo 2020 - four "platinum" ITTF tours ...(if there is no cancellation China Open ..)
      When calculating the rating, the unconditional deductions of old bonuses should be taken into account:
      (Of course, with the replacement received at future tournaments or from the reserve ..)

      C.M. - (-2250/5-2019, -1465/6-2019)
      S.Y.S. - (-1465/3-2019, -2250/6-2019)
      ITO - (-2000/4-2018WTTTC , -1465/5-2019, -1440/6-2019)
      L.S.W. - (-1800/3-2019, -1500/4-2018WTTTC , -1800/6-2019)
      W.M.Y. - (-2250/3-2019, -1800/5-2019, -1125/6-2019)
      D.N. - (-1500/3-2019, -1750/4-2018WTTTC )

      Liú Guóliáng - has something to think about ...
      Well, if they insist on holding China Open as planned (as far as I know the cancellation of all international tournaments in China is slated to last for only two months – Feb & Mar), there is a high chance that the winner will be a Chinese because most would not risk the chance! Then again, Japan has the second highest number of confirmed coronavirus patients at the moment so who knows what might happen.

      Anyways as mentioned previously, T2 Diamond is another major contributor to the current WR. If going solely by the "best of 8 tournaments", LSW is safely at #2 but she isn't. So, life is unpredictable like this.

    2. The Following User Likes Janard's Post:

      Vlad Celler (02-06-2020)

    3. Top | #102
      zeio is offline
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,350
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,521 Times in 2,767 Posts
      The propositions were passed at the BoD meeting during the WTTC 2019. They're through. They're in the handbook.

      Since Proposition 19 will take effect in Tokyo 2020, Propositions 16 and 21 will also be applied.

      https://documents.ittf.sport/sites/d...pest_DRAFT.pdf




      The changes were passed by the BoD, consisting of 43 members. A simple majority is required.

      https://www.ittf.com/directory/officials/#bd
      https://www.ittf.com/2017/05/31/boar...members-named/
      Last edited by zeio; 02-06-2020 at 03:22 PM.
      Race for Tokyo 2020 - China, Japan
      Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

    4. The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

      Free bird (02-07-2020)

    5. Top | #103
      NextLevel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Carbonado 45/245
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 09C
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard

      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Somewhere Good in the US
      Posts
      8,734
      Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Liked 13,036 Times in 5,797 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Free bird View Post
      The rule change is in the proposition alright but it’s not at all clear whether the change would take effect in Tokyo 2020 or later. You bet CNT will fight for keeping the change off the coming Olympic.
      Let’s assume the change will apply to the coming Games. Then CNT is in a difficult conundrum if the current rankings stand: picking LSW to play singles means there’s a 50-50 chance of two CNT fighting each other for the final against Ito. This is the risk too difficult for CNT to swallow. You would see lots of juggling for points from this point on. LSW will probably not likely to lose to any of the CNT players and there’ll be plenty of CNT players going through qualifying round and trying to stop Ito as early as possible. LSW playing single will be in danger if she can’t catch up Ito.
      CNT is already in Qatar now training for the coming Qatar Open in early March. From there they will be heading to Korea for the WTTC. Poor guys just can’t go in and out of China at will due to the coronavirus pandemic. Hope things will get better soon.
      Not sure why you think it is not clear that it applies to the current Olympic cycle. When things don't apply with immediate effect, dates for implementation tend to specified, no?

      Or by default changes apply to the next cycle?

      The thing is that when this change was passed, China had all the top spots. So they may have agreed with a false sense of security.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    6. Top | #104
      apacible is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Singapore


      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      108
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 257 Times in 95 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Janard View Post
      Anyways as mentioned previously, T2 Diamond is another major contributor to the current WR. If going solely by the "best of 8 tournaments", LSW is safely at #2 but she isn't. So, life is unpredictable like this.
      LSW might live to regret not showing up for the two T2 Diamond tournaments. Maybe she, like most of us, was unaware of the Olympic Rule change that did away with separation by association, so she made an uninformed decision in skipping the T2 Tournaments. Had she known, she could have just showed up and even if she lost both tournaments in the first round, she'd have 800 more bonus points from the two tournaments combined, which puts her comfortably above Ito in WR. If she was injured, she could have just played her first match of the tournament in a way to avoid aggravating the injury and fly home the next day. Wong Chun Ting, who didn't even finish his T2 Singapore match still got his 400 bonus points.

      If CTTA doesn't put much weight into WR and Olympic seeding, then LSW's singles spot should still be safe. However, if CTTA does put great weight in WR and Olympic seeding, then for the next 4 months, LSW will experience the same pressure Ito, Ishikawa, and Hirano faced last year in trying to secure their Olympic singles spots.

    7. The Following 4 Users Like apacible's Post:

      Free bird (02-07-2020),Janard (02-07-2020),Takkyu_wa_inochi (02-07-2020),Vlad Celler (02-07-2020)

    8. Top | #105
      Vlad Celler is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Russian Federation


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1,248
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 498 Times in 353 Posts
      Interesting....Oman cellend plus - C.I.C. .......

    9. Top | #106
      zeio is offline
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,350
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,521 Times in 2,767 Posts
      Fun Fact:

      If CM gets picked for singles, she'll create history for being the first Olympian and gold medal contender from CNT with NO national title, NO continental title, and NO world title...

      True to her nickname - Ms Open.

    10. The Following 2 Users Like zeio's Post:

      Takkyu_wa_inochi (02-08-2020),Vlad Celler (02-07-2020)

    11. Top | #107
      MaLin2.0 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      181
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 170 Times in 109 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by apacible View Post
      LSW might live to regret not showing up for the two T2 Diamond tournaments. Maybe she, like most of us, was unaware of the Olympic Rule change that did away with separation by association, so she made an uninformed decision in skipping the T2 Tournaments. Had she known, she could have just showed up and even if she lost both tournaments in the first round, she'd have 800 more bonus points from the two tournaments combined, which puts her comfortably above Ito in WR. If she was injured, she could have just played her first match of the tournament in a way to avoid aggravating the injury and fly home the next day. Wong Chun Ting, who didn't even finish his T2 Singapore match still got his 400 bonus points.

      If CTTA doesn't put much weight into WR and Olympic seeding, then LSW's singles spot should still be safe. However, if CTTA does put great weight in WR and Olympic seeding, then for the next 4 months, LSW will experience the same pressure Ito, Ishikawa, and Hirano faced last year in trying to secure their Olympic singles spots.
      CM & SYS will be happy
      Mima usually struggles against both so she wouldn't be as happy

      You would think LSW has XD event locked away so DN might be unlucky one here missing out all together.

      You would agree if LSW is good enough she can overtake Mima? There is still plenty tournaments to make grounds
      * Qatar Platinum
      * Japan Open Platinum
      * China Open Platinum
      * Hong Kong Open
      * Australian Open Platinum
      & Asian Championship when it resumes

      Only 350 points behind

      If can't overtake and say Wang Manyu overtakes and Sun Yingsha keeps her spot then this should alter decisions of who to send.
      Last edited by MaLin2.0; 02-07-2020 at 04:25 AM.

    12. The Following 2 Users Like MaLin2.0's Post:

      Free bird (02-07-2020),Vlad Celler (02-07-2020)

    13. Top | #108
      Janard is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Singapore


      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      673
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 997 Times in 452 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zeio View Post
      Fun Fact:

      If CM gets picked for singles, she'll create history for being the first Olympian and gold medal contender from CNT with NO national title, NO continental title, and NO world title...

      True to her nickname - Ms Open.
      But she has to flail at the Olympics to retain that title too LOL

    14. The Following 3 Users Like Janard's Post:

      Free bird (02-07-2020),MaLin2.0 (02-07-2020),zeio (02-07-2020)

    15. Top | #109
      Vlad Celler is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Russian Federation


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1,248
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 498 Times in 353 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by MaLin2.0 View Post
      CM & SYS will be happy
      Mima usually struggles against both so she wouldn't be as happy

      You would think LSW has XD event locked away so DN might be unlucky one here missing out all together.

      You would agree if LSW is good enough she can overtake Mima? There is still plenty tournaments to make grounds
      * Qatar Platinum
      * Japan Open Platinum
      * China Open Platinum
      * Hong Kong Open
      * Australian Open Platinum
      & Asian Championship when it resumes

      Only 350 points behind

      If can't overtake and say Wang Manyu overtakes and Sun Yingsha keeps her spot then this should alter decisions of who to send.

      Add Korea Open ...
      LSW - my opinion is that ... hmm ... it will be difficult for her to get around Mima Ito without the help of CWT .... If CWT helps LSW - then it is possible .. ..
      (Mima Ito before the start of the games in Tokyo - surrounded by six Chinese women in the TOP-10 and 3 Chinese women in the TOP-20)
      Last edited by Vlad Celler; 02-07-2020 at 06:35 AM.

    16. Top | #110
      Vlad Celler is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Russian Federation


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1,248
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 498 Times in 353 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Celler View Post
      Add Korea Open ...
      LSW - my opinion is that ... hmm ... it will be difficult for her to get around Mima Ito without the help of CWT .... If CWT helps LSW - then it is possible .. ..
      (Mima Ito before the start of the games in Tokyo - surrounded by six Chinese women in the TOP-10 and 3 Chinese women in the TOP-20)
      Nine on one - too much ....

    17. Top | #111
      zeio is offline
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,350
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,521 Times in 2,767 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Janard View Post
      But she has to flail at the Olympics to retain that title too LOL



    18. The Following 2 Users Like zeio's Post:

      Janard (02-07-2020),NextLevel (02-07-2020)

    19. Top | #112
      Janard is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Singapore


      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      673
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 997 Times in 452 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zeio View Post


      Or we have all misunderstood her alleged 'incompetence' for tenacity to start a new record (i.e. first to win Olympics Singles Gold without any World Singles titles). 前无古人,后无来者. Oh, but Ito is in a similar predicament.
      Last edited by Janard; 02-07-2020 at 01:31 PM.

    20. The Following 3 Users Like Janard's Post:

      NextLevel (02-07-2020),Vlad Celler (02-07-2020),zeio (02-07-2020)

    21. Top | #113
      Free bird is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      217
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 173 Times in 99 Posts
      Thx Zeio for the info. To me, that really closed the coffin cover (盖棺定论). I think LSW team have made a colossal mistake in skipping tours and avoiding matches against Ito last year. If the ranking stands and LSW doesn’t get a chance to show coaches she can beat Ito, her chance of playing singles at the Olympic will be next to zero.

      The men’s team is in a better shape in this regard. But ML is a bit too close to HT. CNT would like a wider margin so ML won’t have to kill himself just to keep up with the ranking. Now I begin to wonder what QZJ told FZD during that odd timeout when FZD was in a driving seat (9:7, 3:1)
      Last edited by Free bird; 02-07-2020 at 03:23 PM.

    22. The Following 2 Users Like Free bird's Post:

      Vlad Celler (02-07-2020),zeio (02-07-2020)

    23. Top | #114
      NextLevel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Carbonado 45/245
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 09C
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard

      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Somewhere Good in the US
      Posts
      8,734
      Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Liked 13,036 Times in 5,797 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Janard View Post
      But she has to flail at the Olympics to retain that title too LOL
      Caroline Meng. Chen Wozniacki

    24. The Following 2 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

      Janard (02-08-2020),zeio (02-07-2020)

    25. Top | #115
      zeio is offline
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,350
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,521 Times in 2,767 Posts





      p.s. Updated the highlighting to be consistent with ITTF where the most recent event takes precedence.
      Last edited by zeio; 02-17-2020 at 01:11 PM.

    26. The Following 5 Users Like zeio's Post:

      Free bird (02-08-2020),Janard (02-08-2020),NextLevel (02-08-2020),Takkyu_wa_inochi (02-08-2020),Vlad Celler (02-08-2020)

    27. Top | #116
      Free bird is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      217
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 173 Times in 99 Posts
      WOW! Ito gained a whooping 2655 points during LSW’s absence. All these three withdrawals happened way after the propositions were passed. I’d say CNT has dropped the ball big time to put themselves in such a conundrum.

    28. The Following User Likes Free bird's Post:

      Vlad Celler (02-08-2020)

    29. Top | #117
      Vlad Celler is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Russian Federation


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1,248
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 498 Times in 353 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Free bird View Post
      WOW! Ito gained a whooping 2655 points during LSW’s absence. All these three withdrawals happened way after the propositions were passed. I’d say CNT has dropped the ball big time to put themselves in such a conundrum.
      If I understand correctly, then the situation - LSW No. 3 and ITO No. 4 - no advantage LSW .....

    30. Top | #118
      MaLin2.0 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      181
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 170 Times in 109 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Free bird View Post
      WOW! Ito gained a whooping 2655 points during LSW’s absence. All these three withdrawals happened way after the propositions were passed. I’d say CNT has dropped the ball big time to put themselves in such a conundrum.
      Does it have to be LSW that qualifies for singles? What if from now til Tokyo 2020 both SYS & WMY overtake Mima and convincingly win tournaments whilst LSW bows out in QF & SF? Is LSW still your preference, this reminds me too much of 2016.

    31. Top | #119
      MaLin2.0 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      181
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 170 Times in 109 Posts
      What are LSW chances of playing in singles at Tokyo 2020 considering?

      1, Mima just added more points with Hungarian Open win
      2, Asian Championships might be further postponed due to virus outbreak
      3, Future events in South Korea, China, Hong Kong possibly in doubt due to virus, so catching Mima in rankings possibility might not happen
      4, Might not get chance to play Mima prior to Tokyo 2020
      5, new rule for Olympics, players in same association will not be separated, surely CNT would prefer their players on opposite ends

      Do you still go with LSW or re-thinking now?

    32. The Following User Likes MaLin2.0's Post:

      Vlad Celler (02-24-2020)

    33. Top | #120
      NextLevel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Carbonado 45/245
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 09C
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard

      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Somewhere Good in the US
      Posts
      8,734
      Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Liked 13,036 Times in 5,797 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by MaLin2.0 View Post
      What are LSW chances of playing in singles at Tokyo 2020 considering?

      1, Mima just added more points with Hungarian Open win
      2, Asian Championships might be further postponed due to virus outbreak
      3, Future events in South Korea, China, Hong Kong possibly in doubt due to virus, so catching Mima in rankings possibility might not happen
      4, Might not get chance to play Mima prior to Tokyo 2020
      5, new rule for Olympics, players in same association will not be separated, surely CNT would prefer their players on opposite ends

      Do you still go with LSW or re-thinking now?
      Since she is playing mixed doubles, her chances are likely lower. What the CNT does will be interesting but they have 4 months to fix the rankings.

    34. The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

      Vlad Celler (02-24-2020)

    Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP