Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
What's the big fuss over WR though? There's only one Gold medal so only the player who is most on-form during the Olympics would take it. She would simply have to take down whoever she is matched with.

It would be an extremely honourable win for Ito if she is able to defeat two Chinese women in a row rather than hope that one gets eliminated by the other en route to the finals. The same goes for the Chinese women, wherein the gold medal is really only worth something if they manage to take out their greatest competitors themselves.

Imagine if Mima can take out 3 gold in XD, Singles and Team. TT world and China would go crazy

Team event she would need to win 2 singles and hope other 2 ladies can win doubles, massive ask but not impossible.

Absolute worst case scenario if Mima wins 3 gold and Harimoto beats Ma Long and FZD. Japan win 4 Gold to China's 1 the Men's Team

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
What's the big fuss over WR though? There's only one Gold medal so only the player who is most on-form during the Olympics would take it. She would simply have to take down whoever she is matched with.

It would be an extremely honourable win for Ito if she is able to defeat two Chinese women in a row rather than hope that one gets eliminated by the other en route to the finals. The same goes for the Chinese women, wherein the gold medal is really only worth something if they manage to take out their greatest competitors themselves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
What’s the big fuss over WR you ask? Well, who has been making LGL toss and turn at nights as of late? Hint: a woman but not his wife;)
You have no idea how much pressure LGL is under to not lose a singles gold. From CNTs perspective, Mima in #2 means she has close to 50% chance of winning all the way. #3 drops that to 25%.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
The one year delay certainly benefits younger players. Just look at SYS, she gets ML as a training partner and LGL as a trainer. WMY has been playing well and she may be a dark horse competing for a Olympic spot.
5332E524-A341-4F05-90D8-10BC61FA80A0.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
The one year delay certainly benefits younger players. Just look at SYS, she gets ML as a training partner and LGL as a trainer. WMY has been playing well and she may be a dark horse competing for a Olympic spot.
View attachment 21213

I wonder how WCQ will manage during this time, has gotten the better of ML a few times and going from Strength to strength, maybe his a dark horse to for Tokyo2021

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Lack of match rhythm might hurt the whippersnappers more than the old foxes – who also get the benefit of actual recovery from a long period of extreme physycal overload. I wouldn’t count a fully fit ML out; note that the even the older players are still young adults too.

Then again, all this is speculation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Lack of match rhythm might hurt the whippersnappers more than the old foxes – who also get the benefit of actual recovery from a long period of extreme physycal overload. I wouldn’t count a fully fit ML out; note that the even the older players are still young adults too.

Then again, all this is speculation.

Doubts around Tokyo 2021, without a vaccine might not go ahead, all this might eventually be for nothing l, praying not the case

Would love to see ML & DN 1 last time at Olympic stage

Last edited:
Jan 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019

Experts saying vaccine could be 18 months away, it's a mess. USA ignoring social distancing 40, 000 plus deaths and Europe death toll is bad, it's not the best period to have such events on.

Say once cleared requires time for things to return back to normal, that's not a quick fix. Right now Olympics takes a back-seat to everything, it's a nice event to have but safety is #1 and given Japan has a very ageing population better measures need be taken.

I say just take pressure off postpone the event til 2024, move Paris to 2028. Athletes need to be at their best and training strong, this no doubt has done more harm than good, imagine training routines for athletics and swimming, inactivity you would think need time to get rythum back. Might not be popular recommendation but your up against a virus that spreads, we might have to prepare for second/third waves to come too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
cache.php

CM: How many bananas do I have to eat to so that I can maintain my very physical game at 30 years old? 34 seems unlikely for me... right?

I love table tennis but we have to take human life into account here.

Will virus be gone by July 2021? when will a vaccination will be released? if second, third, fourth waves are to come? If your exposed to the virus, can't it come back and do worse?

I'm just quoting what experts are saying. If players miss out because of what is occurring they have to deal with it, life isn't always fair.

Last edited: