M
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 345 235

User Info Menu

Dec 2019
    Australia
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by driversbeat
    With China's lineup for WTTC2020 confirmed, we can safely rule Wang Manyu and Zhu Yuling out of the contention for Tokyo.

Liu, Chen, Sun, Ding.
    3 out of 4 will go. Who will be left out?

Tapatalk を使用して私の SM-N960F から送信
    My heart says team should be Chen SYS & LSW with DN missing out but head says SYS misses out, hopefully she can impress over next 6 months to go to Tokyo 2020

This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 9
    H
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 9 5

User Info Menu

Jan 2020
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Celler
    And in Portugal, too ... Janard wrote that they fees .....
    What Janard wrote??

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 195 235
    F
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 235 195

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by driversbeat
    With China's lineup for WTTC2020 confirmed, we can safely rule Wang Manyu and Zhu Yuling out of the contention for Tokyo.

Liu, Chen, Sun, Ding.
    3 out of 4 will go. Who will be left out?

Tapatalk を使用して私の SM-N960F から送信
    Agreed. It also pretty much puts WCQ in a driving seat for the P player. LGY is out. LJK not much better.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 195 235
    F
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 235 195

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLin2.0
    My heart says team should be Chen SYS & LSW with DN missing out but head says SYS misses out, hopefully she can impress over next 6 months to go to Tokyo 2020
    Welcome on board! But SYS will be the fourth player.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 13,358 9,052
    N
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 9,052 13,358

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaLin2.0
    I think SYS has a very good chance at the 3rd spot. Age is the only thing working against her and given the titles she has won, that is not saying much. For me, the team is DN and LSW with SYS as 3rd player and XD player. Only injuries or a major setback to either LSW or DN will affect this.

The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

PatriciaPinheiro

Last edited by NextLevel; 01-20-2020 at 07:50 PM.
    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Heiko Seyer
    Hey,
    China National Team have didn't register for the Hungaria Open 2020, does anyone know why?
    It clashes with their one month internal prep for the WTTTC in March. Maybe they could have sent their junior team at best, but they usually have an all-hands-on-deck approach when preparing for major TT events.

The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

PatriciaPinheiro

Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 1,362 902
    J
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 902 1,362

User Info Menu

Nov 2018
    Singapore
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    I think SYS has a very good chance at the 3rd spot. Age is the only thing working against her and given the titles she has won, that is not saying much. For me, the team is DN and LSW with SYS as 3rd player and XD player. Only injuries or a major setback to either LSW or DN will affect this.
    Agree, SYS is the more economically-sound option as third person if China decides to go with both DN and LSW. SYS is only 20 y/o this year and can surely last till 2024 which makes her viable for at least two cycles. Considering that the career lifespans of Chinese players have been increasing of late (subject to maintenance of form), 2028 is not out of the question for SYS as well. Meanwhile, CM is already 26 y/o this year and it's unlikely that she will be as competitive at 30 y/o, particularly since her playing style is very physically-demanding. Plus, her lack of any major titles reflects very badly on her when even SYS and WMY have already clinched regional-level titles.

The Following 2 Users Like Janard's Post:

Hysteresis and PatriciaPinheiro

This user has no status.

J
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Nov 2018
    Singapore
    Read 0 Reviews
    It clashes with their one month internal prep for the WTTTC in March. Maybe they could have sent their junior team at best, but they usually have an all-hands-on-deck approach when preparing for major TT events.
    Actually based on the timeline that Qin Zhijian had drawn up during the press conference, CNT might be skipping a few more events?

国乒主力初二出发参加德国公开赛,结束后国乒将在海口集结进行为期一月的封闭训练。之后回到北京休整2~3天,然后去韩国釜山进行赛前训练营,大概一周时间。结束后就直接进入到2020釜山世乒赛的比赛节奏了。所以,国乒主力并没有时间参加匈牙利公开赛了。
    According to him, they will leave for German Open on the second day of Lunar New Year (26 Jan). After the conclusion of German Open (2 Feb), they will head to Haikou for a month-long, closed-door training camp (i.e. entirety of February). Following which, they will take a two/three-days break in Beijing before starting on the WTTTC preparations.

I suspect Asian Cup (28 Feb-1 Mar) will be held somewhere in Hainan (or even Haikou itself) so that the Chinese candidates (whomever they might be) can make it. From the sounds of it, Qatar Open (3-8 Mar) is either forfeited as well or remains undecided although it's usually a means of ascertaining the results of their training.

The Following User Likes Janard's Post:

Vlad Celler

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 197 231
    H
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 231 197
    Quote Originally Posted by Janard
    Agree, SYS is the more economically-sound option as third person if China decides to go with both DN and LSW. SYS is only 20 y/o this year and can surely last till 2024 which makes her viable for at least two cycles. Considering that the career lifespans of Chinese players have been increasing of late (subject to maintenance of form), 2028 is not out of the question for SYS as well. Meanwhile, CM is already 26 y/o this year and it's unlikely that she will be as competitive at 30 y/o, particularly since her playing style is very physically-demanding. Plus, her lack of any major titles reflects very badly on her when even SYS and WMY have already clinched regional-level titles.
    I think if CNT pick DN and LSW, SYS is a shoe-in for third.

Since the only good reason to pick DN at all, is if they stuck rigidly to their rubric of choosing via big tournament experience/performance. In which case SYS is actually the third most achieved player in recent times anyway, since DN/LSW have taken all the Olympics/World Championships and World Cups off the table.

If the CNT are getting cold feet, which I think is justified, it would be that DN is probably the only player in the mix that Ito is an actual favourite over right now, rather than just a heavy upset chance. Then, if anything IMO SYS's chances only increase, since she's both the next most achieved (LSW is probably safe) AND she's in good form, unlike DN.

The Following User Likes Hysteresis's Post:

Janard

Last edited by Hysteresis; 01-21-2020 at 01:03 AM.

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteresis
    I think if CNT pick DN and LSW, SYS is a shoe-in for third.

Since the only good reason to pick DN at all, is if they stuck rigidly to their rubric of choosing via big tournament experience/performance. In which case SYS is actually the third most achieved player in recent times anyway, since DN/LSW have taken all the Olympics/World Championships off the table.

If the CNT are getting cold feet, which I think is justified, it would be that DN is probably the only player in the mix that Ito is an actual favourite over right now, rather than just a heavy upset chance. Then, if anything IMO SYS's chances only increase, since she's both the next most achieved (LSW is probably safe) AND she's in good form, unlike DN.
    The thing about DN is that a lot depends on what they think her health prospects are like. I know her basic style doesn't do well against ITo, but it is not like Ito wins those matches easily. DN is still a beast under the right conditions (whenever she feels a challenge) and when you look at the Trials, she actually performed the best against ZYL (funny but true). For me, I don't doubt she can round into form and deliver under pressure. Ito hasn't beaten her like a drum when they played, it has been close matches decided by close games.

Whoever is selected will be prepared to the hilt. The main reason I don't see Chen Meng going is that any failure on her part will be hard to excuse. At least there are excuses for Sun Yingsha and Ding Ning.

The Following 3 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

driversbeat, Janard and 1 other

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 197 231
    H
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 231 197
    The thing about DN is that a lot depends on what they think her health prospects are like. I know her basic style doesn't do well against ITo, but it is not like Ito wins those matches easily. DN is still a beast under the right conditions (whenever she feels a challenge) and when you look at the Trials, she actually performed the best against ZYL (funny but true). For me, I don't doubt she can round into form and deliver under pressure. Ito hasn't beaten her like a drum when they played, it has been close matches decided by close games.

Whoever is selected will be prepared to the hilt. The main reason I don't see Chen Meng going is that any failure on her part will be hard to excuse. At least there are excuses for Sun Yingsha and Ding Ning.
    I agree about Chen Meng, I rate her as having almost no chance. If the CNT go by their traditional way of selection, she has 0 case at all.

If the CNT get cold feet, and care more about form, then I think SYS still has a better case than CM. I doubt they will completely abandon the big event focus for selection, since the Olympics... is a big event. I feel like the CNT views CM similarly to ZYL, even if she is in generally better form.
    Last edited by Hysteresis; 01-21-2020 at 01:12 AM.

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteresis
    I agree about Chen Meng, I rate her as having almost no chance. If the CNT go by their traditional way of selection, she has 0 case at all.

If the CNT get cold feet, and care more about form, then I think SYS still has a better case than CM. I doubt they will completely abandon the big event focus for selection, since the Olympics... is a big event. I feel like the CNT views CM similarly to ZYL, even if she is in generally better form.
    It is really funny what a year/match does - ZYL was the golden Child up till 2017 and was almost a lock for the Olympics in some form following the retirement of LXX. Now she is virtually off the team, probably unfairly. Reality bites. Hard.

The Following 2 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

PatriciaPinheiro and Takkyu_wa_inochi

This user has no status.

J
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Nov 2018
    Singapore
    Read 0 Reviews
    It is really funny what a year/match does - ZYL was the golden Child up till 2017 and was almost a lock for the Olympics in some form following the retirement of LXX. Now she is virtually off the team, probably unfairly. Reality bites. Hard.
    Well, ZYL was really only the 'golden child' because she was the disciple of Li Sun and hence granted more opportunities to play in the semis- and finals of team tournaments (which in her defence she has done well in). But the truth is she has lost the most matches to foreigners and clinched the least number of World Tour titles. Someone on the Chinese forum has compiled an overview of how the core players have performed till date (after Rio to the end of 2019).

Attached Images Attached Images  

The Following 5 Users Like Janard's Post:

driversbeat, Free bird and 3 others

says Disciple of OYA sensei

Master TTD Member 3,450 3,139
    T
    says Disciple of OYA sensei

Master TTD Member 3,139 3,450
    Ito Mima high on the list :-)

The Following User Likes Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

Vlad Celler

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 7,660 5,448
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 5,448 7,660

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    ....DN is still a beast under the right conditions (whenever she feels a challenge) and when you look at the Trials, she actually performed the best against ZYL (funny but true)...
    ZYL has always had a hard time playing DN, which brings up the next point.

She was waiting for DN to retire and then inherit the throne. It really shows in that interview. Many LSW fans have long argued ZYL focused on beating LSW. Who knew Ito would strike out of the blue?

The Following 3 Users Like zeio's Post:

Janard, Takkyu_wa_inochi and 1 other

Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
    Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 519 1,313
    V
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,313 519

User Info Menu

Dec 2018
    Russian Federation
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi
    Ito Mima high on the list :-)
    If you look at the years ....

Hirano - 3 wins, all in 2017
    Ishikawa - 1/2018,1/2019
    Hayata - 1/2019
    Ito - 5/2018,4/2019

The Following 2 Users Like Vlad Celler's Post:

driversbeat and Takkyu_wa_inochi

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 235 345
    M
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 345 235

User Info Menu

Dec 2019
    Australia
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janard
    Well, ZYL was really only the 'golden child' because she was the disciple of Li Sun and hence granted more opportunities to play in the semis- and finals of team tournaments (which in her defence she has done well in). But the truth is she has lost the most matches to foreigners and clinched the least number of World Tour titles. Someone on the Chinese forum has compiled an overview of how the core players have performed till date (after Rio to the end of 2019).

One name that stands out is Mima on the list, judging by what you mentioned looks like LSW & DN will be doing lot of work to prep against her which looks like certain semi final clash for one of the Chinese girls.

I'm sure CNT team coaches will make right decisions, not just the players reputations on the line but also the coaches.

The Following User Likes MaLin2.0's Post:

Vlad Celler

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 7,660 5,448
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 5,448 7,660

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    One point of note when looking at that table.

Some fans argue the number of loss for LSW is skewed, saying she has been strategically avoiding Ito for much of 2019.

Check out the draws for:
    Platinum
    QAT OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
    CHN OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
    JPN OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
    AUT OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs

Regular
    KOR OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs
    SWE OPN, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs

WTGF, http://results.ittf.bornan.net/ittf-...ml#/knock-outs

The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

Vlad Celler

Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
    Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 352 354
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 354 352
    It’s not like Liu Shiwen was completed wrecked by Ito the two times that she lost. She simply used the wrong tactics and played to Ito’s strengths. I doubt any self-respecting world champion would back down from the opportunity to prove that they are indeed the world’s best.

The Following 3 Users Like driversbeat's Post:

PatriciaPinheiro, Takkyu_wa_inochi and 1 other

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast