Learning Incredible Hook Serve (Super Topspin)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Learning Incredible Hook Serve (Super Topspin)

One of the most important things about serve: "Make all your serves into the same motion" . The opponent will be confused and you will gain the advantage to finish in the point the next shots! So we add " FAKE MOTION" in this video
1f642.png
:)

PS: Some funny thing in the end of video, make sure you don't miss it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
the short topspin serve is actually just no spin serve from what it seems... I like the long topspin the most, very fast and the ball actually kicks to the side after the bounce

The short topspin serve is decently heavy for short topspin, it is pretty hard to generate heavy topspin and keep the serve short low and deceptive because the topspin will make the ball kick up and/or forward. You are never going to serve a consistently short and extremely heavy topspin serve, the popups come from deception not the raw spin. If you can't control an opponent's short topspin serve, it is really a serve that would come long if given the chance so just wait for it and it will be easier to loop or you will just give away points.

The short topspin serve is decently heavy for short topspin, it is pretty hard to generate heavy topspin and keep the serve short low and deceptive because the topspin will make the ball kick up and/or forward. You are never going to serve a consistently short and extremely heavy topspin serve, the popups come from deception not the raw spin. If you can't control an opponent's short topspin serve, it is really a serve that would come long if given the chance so just wait for it and it will be easier to loop or you will just give away points.

There's not too much topspin. If you just put your racket and the ball hits your racket, it will go to the net.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
There's not too much topspin. If you just put your racket and the ball hits your racket, it will go to the net.
Okay. I am saying that this is not uncommon with blocking short topspin serves. Popping the serve up is more commonly a result of underestimating the spin and not because the serve has an insane amount of spin.

I remember one player I often lost to because I treated the first bounce of his topspin serve like it was a short backspin serve. But the spin was so heavy if I waited the valk always came half long.

Last edited: